Home Fleet Central
Options

How to Resurrect a Fleet

Hi all - I recently took over as Admiral for my fleet, Task Force April, which has been going since the game started. We have a completed Starbase, and an active daily cadre of players. At one point, when we were full up on players, we were posting occasional top 25 finishes in events.

The problem is that we've dwindled badly, down to 17/50 players. And really it's 12/50, since five of those on the list were last active 500+ days ago, basically gone from the game.

I've set the fleet enrollment to Open, and we'd love to see some players join up - anyone who's an active player and will contribute to boss battles is welcome! Right now we can clear Brutal, barely, and get to 50% + on Nightmare.

Is there anything else I can do to recruit new people to the fleet? We've all pretty much hit the Fleet Boss Battle wall. I'd hate to leave the fleet after years of participation, but at level 99 there's only so much left to play for, and not being able to ever access the FBB crew is a bummer.

Open to any and all suggestions!
[TFA] Task Force April, April's Assassins
Lvl 99, VIP 14, 939 Immortalized, 212 5* FE/FF

Comments

• Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might be better served looking for one or more smaller fleets to merge with. And ideally having the members merge into yours due to the pedigree.
  • Options
    Hi all - I recently took over as Admiral for my fleet, Task Force April, which has been going since the game started. We have a completed Starbase, and an active daily cadre of players. At one point, when we were full up on players, we were posting occasional top 25 finishes in events.

The problem is that we've dwindled badly, down to 17/50 players. And really it's 12/50, since five of those on the list were last active 500+ days ago, basically gone from the game.

I've set the fleet enrollment to Open, and we'd love to see some players join up - anyone who's an active player and will contribute to boss battles is welcome! Right now we can clear Brutal, barely, and get to 50% + on Nightmare.

Is there anything else I can do to recruit new people to the fleet? We've all pretty much hit the Fleet Boss Battle wall. I'd hate to leave the fleet after years of participation, but at level 99 there's only so much left to play for, and not being able to ever access the FBB crew is a bummer.

Open to any and all suggestions!

[STARFLEET!] can have room for 12-17 peeps, let me know. Admiral TrialNeverEnds
  • Options
    [IPA] Markas[IPA] Markas ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    It is quite a task resurrecting a fleet. We are in the process of doing the same thing with our sister fleet, which happens to be the older of the two of us (Outer Planets Alliance).

There are three ways I see of returning to critical mass:
    1) Invite any and all low-level players via the fleet screen who are not a member of a fleet
    2) Advertise in the places players see opportunities (here, STT Discord server, Reddit)
    3) Merge a smaller fleet into yours, or merge your members into another fleet

I believe these are the only ways to reach critical mass again.

We have chosen 2) above. For fleet longevity, intra-fleet communications is the most important aspect. That cohesiveness, pulling the oars together, is the thing that keeps members involved and playing. I have known too many fleets that may be full but 30 members don't play regularly.

Good luck with whatever you can do to keep your venerable fleet afloat. I understand the desire for that. However, find a way to decide if you can generate enough interest to keep it going, or when it is time to move on....

LLAP
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    I sent you a PM.

• Options
    Tiny Little Lifeforms fleet has room for 11 captains

We have a core of Captain's Bridge LV 25-29