Home The Bridge
Options

I'm kinda sad.

I'm afraid I let my expectations get the best of me.

I expected Mirror Picard to have DIP as a primary skill. I was sadly proven wrong.

I expected the new Episode 8 to allow us to farm useful items currently nigh impossible to accumulate. I was wrong. After blowing through the rare rewards, the rewards tables are pretty much identical to what already existed in previous episode missions.

I expected Mirror Dax to be the threshold character, as she was the new one. That one's on me for expecting.

And to be entirely honest, I kinda hate how my map says 11 in the notification bubble now instead of 10. I like even numbers. I'm crazy.

Comments

• Options
    Many of us are sad about the whole Picard has Cmd as his primary and absolutely NO Dip thing as well. I feel your pain.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    I was a little disappointed at Jadzia being the ranked reward, but in retrospect that's something which I should have anticipated. I expect that decision was made after they looked at their bar charts following the Honey Bare event. As much as I'd like another Jadzia FF I won't be giving in to the temptation this time.
  • Options
    @GhostStalker Since I was unenthusiastic about the event (after initially being excited) for the reasons you mentioned, + declining art of new crew - I just blew resources that I was saving for the event, on the new episode instead.

But then the new episode doesn't offer new missions to get ironically scarce "basic" items, despite the high mission costs. Maybe we'll find better drop rates for some of the other items?
    Life is full of dissapointments, get over it and grow up, its just a game. ;)

And btw, WHY should an EVIL Mirror Picard have DIP? Makes less sense.

It's true it's "just a game" but since players put effort & $ into it, I think critical feedback can be worthwhile. As a developer I'd want to know what people are happy and unhappy with.

For Evil Mirror Picard's DIP, villains can have their own types of diplomacy sills. For example: Pah-Wraith Dukat, Changeling Founder, Locutus, Mudd, Mirror Intendant Kira, Kai Winn.
  • Options
    I'm wondering why Mirror Picard looks like he just walked out of a Rambo movie... on steroids no less! The artwork on many of these new crew really take the cake. Where oh where is the quality control?

But essentially, he's a free 4/5 card by the end of the event, so stop f'n complaining!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Unnecessary comment removed

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't make this political. I didn't. You shouldn't. Please don't kill my thread with your nonsense.
  • Options
    And to be entirely honest, I kinda hate how my map says 11 in the notification bubble now instead of 10. I like even numbers. I'm crazy.

No you’re not crazy... Even numbers are good!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you! DB, turn off the notification bubble for the galaxy map! It's useless anyway!
  • Options

...as evidenced by the classic Star Trek movies!
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Options
    After playing this game for nearly two years now. DB has made me numb to disappointment. I kind of expect it now.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭

I disagree: prime numbers are good :) If we move off the 11, DB needs to add 2 new items together to get us to 13 ... and then 4 more to go to 17 ... ;)
  • Options
    IcebergDXIcebergDX ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Unnecessary comment removed

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering why Mirror Picard looks like he just walked out of a Rambo movie... on steroids no less! The artwork on many of these new crew really take the cake. Where oh where is the quality control?

But essentially, he's a free 4/5 card by the end of the event, so stop f'n complaining!

Look up the TNG Mirror Broken comic if you haven't already, they took the design pretty much straight from it.
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation_-_Mirror_Broken
  • Options
    Irial wrote: »
    I disagree: prime numbers are good :) If we move off the 11, DB needs to add 2 new items together to get us to 13 ... and then 4 more to go to 17 ... ;)

Hello fellow prime number lover! :smiley: My Borg ship is named Unimatrix Prime. Primes are always best.
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • Options
    Veleia wrote: »

Hello fellow prime number lover! :smiley: My Borg ship is named Unimatrix Prime. Primes are always best.

As a Transformers fan and a mathematician, I agree!
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veleia wrote: »

As a Transformers fan and a mathematician, I agree!
    As a lover of prime rib, I agree too!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Comment removed. Sorry. Didn't mean for this to be spam. I just needed to increase my comment count so that I could start a new topic. I should have commented something useful. Let me try again.

I don' think mirror should have DIP as the primary skill. Mirror Picard is way less diplomatic than non-mirror Picard. (can you unflag me now... thanks).
    Christopher Nolm. Admiral of red pilled geeks. Take the red pill and join us.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are very good and leave out milk and cookies for him, Santa Picard may bring you a present. rgcbbiiwloel.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Yep.