Home The Bridge
Options

Why do Voyage notifications no longer work correctly?

What it says on the tin. The notification should appear at 200 AM. IT DOES NOT!!! I keep having it pop up and have it having ran out of AM before I get in. It goes like this:
Icon pops up and says "Now".
Click to launch.
Loads.
Clears FIVE pop ups. (They should only appear once an hour tops!)
Click Voyage
Voyage dead.
I've had to extend this one three times now. It happens all the time on accident. I doze off. I get distracted. I'll except that. When I click on it when it pops up and still can't get it, it needs fixed. This is happening way too often now. Something is wrong. I've gone to check and found it dead with no notice. Had them for shuttles, but not the Voyage. Had it appear after shuttle notices, when it long done. Something is screwy.
W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Comments

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been like that for as long as I can remember. The voyage reminder has never been reliable, if you've only just noticed the problem then you've been very lucky.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have quiet time set on your device?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that the game does not like being minimized on phones. If you quit, then notifications work well. But if you jump to another app and leave the game in the background, that's when notifications and ads get all screwed up.
  • Options
    It‘s about time for an optional option to auto recall voyage once AM drops under 200. the option should be disabled by default and has to be enabled by the player for every voyage.
  • Options
    random event crash notices in the event as well. several tickets have been submitted.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have quiet time set on your device?

Nope. It's a Kindle and all kinds of other notifications pop up just fine. My calender notices kick over at midnight. Facebook annoys me all day long. I typically have it in my ears with ear buds and it quiets music briefly with notices sounding over the top. I get notices, usually, but this one was over before it got there.
    My music went from maxed to background level with a chime over it. Can't miss it.
    I closed what I was researching. (Anyone wouldn't happen to know what date the Versailles, Ohio High School Class of 1955 graduated in an aside, would they?)
    Clicked the notification that said "Now".
    Game loaded.
    Closed five popups, while repeating "Get out of my face. Get out of my face."
    Clicked Voyage.
    Ranted and cursed for half an hour over dead Voyage.
    There was no way I could have used up 170 AM minimum in maybe three minutes, if that. It always seems to load slow when you're in a hurry.
    I, also, sometimes get "Your Voyage has returned" notices after it's already been collected. It's screwy. It needs fixed. I have a very Gaelic temper and it shows. I get loud, irrationally angry, and I never forget. I descend from people that looked around Scotland and decided to line holes in the ground with rocks, cover them with thatch, and live in them year round. We have to be a little crazy.
    I got this notice just now.
    s9q9c4wg9avs.png
    It came through fine. Second of quiet, chime, loud again.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Q: Why do Voyage notifications no longer work correctly?
    A: Uh, we had a little trouble with the servers.....
    o52r48kebb9b.jpg
    :Do:)

looks familiar…

1w4979twbl55.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    This always happens to me, too. I have no confidence in it at all. I set a timer for a little before when I expect it to have issues.