Home Make It So!
Options

Suggestion for new feature - Crew Transfer

Having spent a lot of money in the game, it can get frustrating having so many 1* legendary characters that will cost an absolute fortune to either complete or a lifetime of honor to upgrade. So how about a feature perhaps called 'Crew Transfer' which is unique to each fleet and is effectively a swap shop. Once a week say, you are allowed to swap 1 legendary, 1 super rare, 1 rare, 1 uncommon and 1 common. Each swap is only worth 1* so if you had say a ** legendary that you offered up you would be left with * of that card. There would be a central fleet swap shop where when you offer up a character you want to get rid of everyone can access it and it could look like the Cryostasis Vault. You then go in and choose your swap. If you offer up a swap but don't claim a swap then at the end of the week whoever hasn't claimed the remaining crew automatically gets given whoever is left. And then the following week the shop begins again and the characters appear in it as people submit their characters and disappear as they take their picks.

The big advantages I see to this is firstly it makes the game far less frustrating and gives us a better chance of getting the crew we want, but still not making it too easy. And secondly, it makes fleets really important. There would be so much more interaction between players as you would have people doing deals and all sorts e.g.

Player 1: (Messages to whole group) Anyone got Admiral Nechayev they're willing to give up? I've got Regent Worf, Scotty etc.
Player 2: (Message to Player 2) Yep, I'm after Worf and will swap you for Nechayev.
Player 1: Great. Go on in two mins submit Nechayev and I'll submit Worf.

Since this is effectively a card collecting game, the ability to swap cards would be great!

Comments

• Options
    KantKant ✭✭✭
    Agree
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    As has been noted in numerous previous threads, allowing inter-player trading would open up the game to abusive manipulation.
  • Options
    Hmm, that is true. Unless somehow the trading process allowed complete anonymity. Not quite as fun, but it would avoid it.
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    What if you could only trade like for like? IE 1 star level 20 legendary for another 1 star level 20 legendary? You might have some abuse but I think that would limit most of it
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    arjuna wrote: »
    What if you could only trade like for like? IE 1 star level 20 legendary for another 1 star level 20 legendary? You might have some abuse but I think that would limit most of it

We have a galaxy event starting today. I'll create 3 dupe accounts and collect the community reward from them. Then I'll trade the Mirror Dax, like for like, to my main. Free 4/4 Dax.
  • Options
    It would probably be fair to trade like for like so I agree a legendary for a legendary and a rare for a rare etc. To avoid the levels problem, if you trade say a level 30 character then it's probably simpler that when that character is received by someone else it defaults to level 1. A lot of people would be using it to finish characters so they might just want to fuse the level 1 character with an existing one anyway.
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »

We have a galaxy event starting today. I'll create 3 dupe accounts and collect the community reward from them. Then I'll trade the Mirror Dax, like for like, to my main. Free 4/4 Dax.

Another conundrum. Hmm....
  • Options
    Ok, here's a far simpler idea. Not nearly as fun, but not open to abuse. Say once a week you could select one crew that you swap for a random behold of the same rarity. That would be a nice feature if the swap shop couldn't work.
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭

Not free , you still had to trade out 3 other 1/4 to get her. I do like the idea of having them all be level 1 when traded though. Does it really matter if they were your dupe accounts or someone else who wanted to trade out some other unused 1/4?
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not free , you still had to trade out 3 other 1/4 to get her.

No problem, I get lots of dupes.
    Does it really matter if they were your dupe accounts or someone else who wanted to trade out some other unused 1/4?

Not really, because whether it's abused by creating dupes (which is ridiculously easy) or used "legitimately" - it's money out of DB's pocket either way. They've pretty much said it's never going to happen.
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭

Isn't that the whole point of this idea? Trade something you have no use for for something that you do instead of airlocking? I'm guessing everyone who has pulled more than an initial pack has had duplicates.
    Does it really matter if they were your dupe accounts or someone else who wanted to trade out some other unused 1/4?

Not really, because whether it's abused by creating dupes (which is ridiculously easy) or used "legitimately" - it's money out of DB's pocket either way. They've pretty much said it's never going to happen.

Maybe make this a new monthly card or a pay dilithium option? I know of long term players that no longer buy any premium packs because they have to airlock 99.999% of the contents. Now the question would be if this would generate more money than it would cost them as well as do they have the staff anymore to add a "real" new feature. I think there has to be a way for this to work for the players as well as DB.
  • Options

Isn't that the whole point of this idea? Trade something you have no use for for something that you do instead of airlocking? I'm guessing everyone who has pulled more than an initial pack has had duplicates.

Maybe make this a new monthly card or a pay dilithium option? I know of long term players that no longer buy any premium packs because they have to airlock 99.999% of the contents. Now the question would be if this would generate more money than it would cost them as well as do they have the staff anymore to add a "real" new feature. I think there has to be a way for this to work for the players as well as DB.

Yes, could be a dilithium option. Or a VIP unlock maybe. I'm certainly one of those players who has nearly got every super rare and has to spend a lot of money to get a small amount of new characters these days. It's demoralising once you come that far.

I suppose if it was exclusive then it sort of becomes counter-productive as a fleet option as then only certain people in the fleet get it so it would probably need to be external to the fleet if it was a paid for option.
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭

Yes, could be a dilithium option. Or a VIP unlock maybe. I'm certainly one of those players who has nearly got every super rare and has to spend a lot of money to get a small amount of new characters these days. It's demoralising once you come that far.

I suppose if it was exclusive then it sort of becomes counter-productive as a fleet option as then only certain people in the fleet get it so it would probably need to be external to the fleet if it was a paid for option.

I wonder how many people get to a point where they actually stop or slow their spending when they hit that point? If it is a large % that were spending more each month before then I think this would make sense for DB but if people get to that point and spend the same or more for a smaller return then yeah it doesn't make sense business wise to implement. They could potentially lose out on pack sales and crew slot sales because you are able to trade and freeze but they make their users happier. Maybe they can have some sort of beta program to test and see if they would actually make more or less from something like this.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how many people get to a point where they actually stop or slow their spending when they hit that point? If it is a large % that were spending more each month before then I think this would make sense for DB but if people get to that point and spend the same or more for a smaller return then yeah it doesn't make sense business wise to implement. They could potentially lose out on pack sales and crew slot sales because you are able to trade and freeze but they make their users happier. Maybe they can have some sort of beta program to test and see if they would actually make more or less from something like this.

I’m at that point. I have every super rare I want immortalized. Only crew I go for now is new event crew. And your points are spot on Dralix. Come up with any safeguards and systems you want, crew trading will be abused.
  • Options
    I'm trying to figure out with the OP's suggestion that once a week you can trade 1 character for 1 character in a fleet (DB can also set it that you have to be a member of a fleet for 7 days before you can trade). Dralix is talking about creating 3 alt accounts, collect 3 freebie galaxy event Dax's, and trade them to his main. But the OP said ONE card traded per week AND if it's fused in any way, it becomes a single card trade. So essentially, Dralix could trade 1 card a week for the next 3 weeks for a FF Dax. Week 4 he trades 1 of the event crew from x event 2 weeks ago, then the next, then the next. So after 6 weeks he has FF 1 crew from the week 1 event and 1 crew from week 2 event. The spread would grow exponentially that by week 24 he would have 8 FF cards, but still have 16 events in holding on his alt accounts. If he can rank top 1k on all his accounts, the spread would be even bigger because he would need 4 weeks to FF a 5*. This could be considered abuse, but not a game changer.

All you need is 1 card and then honor for citations. If DB ever changed the value of airlocked cards, then that would create more of an imbalance than card trading.
  • Options
    A better advice would be to allow trade with DB on DB's terms.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Yes to this! I have a lot of 1/5 that either can give to anyone without a problem and free a crew space or get his one and increment the one I already have! But there's a catch here, we all want Science, Medicine and Engineering crew and are willing to get rid of Command, Security or Diplomacy Crew
  • Options
    To avoid the duplicate accounts problem you could just make it so that in order to trade you have to be level 40 to do it.
  • Options
    To avoid the duplicate accounts problem you could just make it so that in order to trade you have to be level 40 to do it.

LOL are you for real? there are already hundreds and maybe thousands of players in STT with multiple accounts above level 50, i know of 2 players with multiple accounts above level 60
  • Options
    Trading or transferring has Captain O'Bardain wants call it of any crew or items between any players should never be allowed in STT, trading will be widely abused by many players, some fleet have already been abusing use of alt accounts to upgrade their fleets starbase, there is one fleet i was part of until recently with level 60 plus starbase where members take turns rotating their alts in and out of fleet just make holomitter donations
  • Options
    ... there is one fleet i was part of until recently with level 60 plus starbase where members take turns rotating their alts in and out of fleet just make holomitter donations

Every alt account in a fleet takes a space that could be used for another member. I don't see the advantage. (I suppose with an alt account you have a better idea of what you're getting, but unless you pay dil, 700 is the max.)

The fleet I'm in has a level 63 starbase, and we don't churn members. Your former fleet may not need to either. People may be wanting to use holoemitters from alt accounts before they hit the max.
  • Options
    Back on topic... I agree with the OP.
  • Options
    Probably perhaps crew that you dismiss goes into fleet pool and fleet members can spend some honor to win a character that someone got rid of that is in the fleet pool. Not sure what to call this pool of dismissed characters. Temporal Shift pool? Time Loop pool?
  • Options
    around
    LOL aroundare you for real? there are already hundreds and maybe thousands of players in STT with multiple accounts above level 50, i know of 2 players with multiple accounts above level 60

I have 2 accounts right now in which I play, one is level 66 and the other is 65, our leader, has also two accounts, 1 is above 50 and the other one is quite new, between level 20-30.
  • Options
    VulcanDude wrote: »
    Probably perhaps crew that you dismiss goes into fleet pool and fleet members can spend some honor to win a character that someone got rid of that is in the fleet pool. Not sure what to call this pool of dismissed characters. Temporal Shift pool? Time Loop pool?

That would be much better, that the entire crew could take advantage of what the entire crew fires, but that would undoubtly have to make reincorporation period much longer...