Home The Bridge
Options

Advance Your Crew!

New Objective event.

"Immortalize a Crew" 0/3

This is one to prepare for. Hold back on the final item, and bang it on during this event.

"Fuse a Crew" 0/3

Save up 2 or 3 star crew.

The problem I have with this type of event, is that we have to hold back crew that we might want to freeze, or use for the new continuum event.

I'm looking at Captain Tribble, but will want to finish him as soon as possible. This is at odds with this type of event.
I can see keeping normal event crew just a step away. Faction event crew will sit at 3 stars waiting for this event.

Comments

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just seen "Fuse a Crew" requires 6 fuses. This will require forward planning.

For those of use with a mature roster, legendary crew will be useless for continuum, so maybe hold back on this weeks 4* event crew. If you are aiming to hit top 2500, then keep the 4* from rank rewards.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just seen "Fuse a Crew" requires 6 fuses. This will require forward planning.

For those of use with a mature roster, legendary crew will be useless for continuum, so maybe hold back on this weeks 4* event crew. If you are aiming to hit top 2500, then keep the 4* from rank rewards.

Merit Pulls or Basic Pulls. I keep some 2 🌟 Cites on hand just for new 2 🌟 Crew. If I somehow miss duplicates, will do that.

Immortalizing 1 🌟 Crew might be the easiest way to do the other Task.

Here are screenshots of all three Tasks, for those who have not seen the OE yet:

enffbzcaos24.png
    bb3k3qc8ktnb.png
    4jw9qx2gpbv4.png
    408djch2aato.png
    61am7bqmik5a.png

Three Beholds and a BeGold for completing the Tasks totally. Hopefully helpful for a lot of players.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just let your voyage rewards accumulate for a few days.

Very easy OE.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    I've got lucky in this one. On my main account I'll hit 900 quantum next Tuesday, and I've got Mugato at 4/5 waiting to be immortalised. So that's one. With this weekend's new purple, that's two. So I just need a third. I may chuck a couple of citations at a recent legendary that's not in the portal yet, I've got a few at 3/5.

On my alt account I've got two purples at 4/4 waiting to be levelled up and I haven't finished Phantasms Data yet, so that's all 3 taken care of.

Any more fusions will come from uncommon crew from voyages and/or basic reward packs, and the event of course. It'll need some management but it's achievable.
  • Options
    Does using a citation count as a fuse?
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does using a citation count as a fuse?

Does with month long Objective events so I would believe it would for this one.
  • Options
    It's not really new. Used to be part of the weekly OE a while back but then was removed
  • Options
    It's not really new. Used to be part of the weekly OE a while back but then was removed
    It's not the same event as the previous one. That had different (but similar) objectives that were easier to achieve, but the rewards weren't as good. This is that old event turned up to 11.
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    It's not the same event as the previous one. That had different (but similar) objectives that were easier to achieve, but the rewards weren't as good. This is that old event turned up to 11.

Is that the that was glitching on one of the Tasks, and they could not get it working right? The Immortalize or Fuse Task would not complete?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    i mean, the easy, backdoor solution to the fuse problem is to spend some merits, gather copies of 2*, or 3* crew, fuse them, then dump them out the airlock. probably cost 5 - 15 merit pulls to achieve that. No problem when you've got 100K+ merits sitting around.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    Wildstar19 wrote: »
    i mean, the easy, backdoor solution to the fuse problem is to spend some merits, gather 2 copies of 3 1*, 2*, or 3* crew, fuse them, then dump them out the airlock. probably cost 5 - 15 merit pulls to achieve that. No problem when you've got 100K+ merits sitting around.

Might be a slight problem with Fusing 1 🌟 Crew, but otherwise a good plan.

🤠😁🤠😁🤠
  • Options
    Or just don‘t dump voyage pickups or the 2* from events or event postpone fusing the 4* from events
  • Options

Is that the that was glitching on one of the Tasks, and they could not get it working right? The Immortalize or Fuse Task would not complete?

The issue I remember is that the gauntlet rounds task (which was "complete" not "win", so a lot easier than Midweek Event Unleashed like we have running now) started counting incorrectly.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    i mean, the easy, backdoor solution to the fuse problem is to spend some merits, gather 2 copies of 3 1*, 2*, or 3* crew, fuse them, then dump them out the airlock. probably cost 5 - 15 merit pulls to achieve that. No problem when you've got 100K+ merits sitting around.

🤠😁🤠😁🤠

haha, good point, edited . . . lol
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options

🤠😁🤠😁🤠

haha, good point, edited . . . lol

The night I got a handful of 2 🌟 Cites to keep on hand, I MIGHT have spent a few minutes in the Honour Hall trying to find 1 🌟 ones.....
  • Options

It's the same objective, the artwork is the same.
    Of course the rewards & a few tweaks have changed - that applies to everything over time

It's the same old pattern: save your reward crew until Tuesday then level up, it helped me get rid of loads of purps but now of course I hardly have any left! Just Lt. Hoya & Outpost Vina. Martian Quark is ready to be cited so I can finish off the ferengi collection
    I planned my whole Skirmish around the OE so I levelled them up & just had to cite them come the time
  • Options
    I've got lucky in this one. On my main account I'll hit 900 quantum next Tuesday, and I've got Mugato at 4/5 waiting to be immortalised. So that's one. With this weekend's new purple, that's two. So I just need a third. I may chuck a couple of citations at a recent legendary that's not in the portal yet, I've got a few at 3/5.

On my alt account I've got two purples at 4/4 waiting to be levelled up and I haven't finished Phantasms Data yet, so that's all 3 taken care of.

Any more fusions will come from uncommon crew from voyages and/or basic reward packs, and the event of course. It'll need some management but it's achievable.

merit packs are your friend :)
  • Options

Wasn't there an old one with similar Fuse and Immortalize Tasks, that was glitchy about counting Crew that did both? Like if Fusing the final 🌟 also Immortalized the Crew, the Immortalized did not count? I seem to remember something like that happening.....

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't there an old one with similar Fuse and Immortalize Tasks, that was glitchy about counting Crew that did both? Like if Fusing the final 🌟 also Immortalized the Crew, the Immortalized did not count? I seem to remember something like that happening.....

Something like that. I suspect the issue was because immortalize was locked behind fuse, it wasn't unlocked until after you fused the crew. And that meant it missed both happening on the same action.

Since nothing is locked this oe hopefully that won't happen. But if you can avoid it, I would suggest fusing crew not fe so you can immortalize as a second action and avoid any potential issue.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

Something like that. I suspect the issue was because immortalize was locked behind fuse, it wasn't unlocked until after you fused the crew. And that meant it missed both happening on the same action.

Since nothing is locked this oe hopefully that won't happen. But if you can avoid it, I would suggest fusing crew not fe so you can immortalize as a second action and avoid any potential issue.

Thank you! I was sure I remembered something.

That's how I intend to do it. Get the Fuses done first. Three can be done just from the extra four copies of the 4 star from the Event that just finished. And I have two Legendaries that will get extra stars after Reset off the three Premium Portal Pulls I got for Bridge Level 26 finishing.

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    And done. 17 minutes.

7njzt6n4j2hq.jpg
    0su9wcjoq5uu.jpg
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was finally able to grab Defensive Phlox, who should help in the gauntlet. I also picked up a final star to finish a 4* crew as well.
  • Options
    10/10 event I could do this every week.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Added Brunt.

ppobovf73qs7.png

Had three ready to Immortalize.

8ppot6gwd9mq.png
    hnhoxg5p0o4h.png
    q5ky2w0lvsg4.png

• Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy enough to complete, but the three fully-frozen 4* beholds made it feel a bit flat.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished while completing my daily pet battles in WoW.

Got a Rogue Winn who is difficult to retrieve and I'm working Bajoran and Cultural Figure currently.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    And done. 17 minutes.

17 minutes? What took you so long? That was done in under 10min.
  • Options
    Got even luckier with this event than I was anticipating. The first purple behold actually dropped a useful crew option, a fourth copy of Kov. So that's my third immortalisation taken care of without needing any citations.
  • Options
    All junk !!!
    64nc20bvbwf4.png
    85cyebxusqb0.png
    bqrl47abbh8i.png
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the 4* for Kyle Ritterhouse from the 3rd behold and Redjac Jaris from the begold.