Home The Bridge
Options

No rewards from failed shuttle missions

I noticed another change in version 10 of the game. Failed shuttle missions don't produce any reward.
You got few trainers and items before ver.10.

However, the same applies also for shuttle missions during faction events. Failed shuttle = no victory points (VP)!
I remember that you got 800 VP in case your shuttle mission failed. (instead of 4000 VP for successful mission)

Faction events could become more difficult for low-level players because of this change.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I noticed the shuttle VP changed last weekend too right after the 10.0 update hit. We used to be able to have some event shuttles out awaiting crew when the event would shift to the galaxy mode phase, but they all stopped giving VP once the galaxy mode started.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Ive already pointed this out immediately upon v10 upgrade. With all of the other issues it may have been information overload. The shuttle loot tables have been reverted. Normal and event.
  • Options
    This is a great new feature to add to the thrill of failed shuttles when you are pushing for high ranks.

I love it.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Greetings Captains the shuttle missions issue will be taken into consideration. We will send a note to the devs regarding this matter and will keep you updated, Thank you. LLAP
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happening as of this morning.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Hello, I have an update to this matter. My statement in the first post is wrong.
    Failed shuttle mission during faction event gives you some victory points (VP).

You see no rewards in the "Mission Concluded" screen but the VP reward is displayed for a moment (e.g. 800 VP instead of 4000 VP for successful mission). And you really receive these victory points.
    yvbf4qamh9ss.jpg
  • Options
    Still failing to give rewards, other than Event Points, as of a few minutes ago.....

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAE wrote: »
    Ive already pointed this out immediately upon v10 upgrade. With all of the other issues it may have been information overload. The shuttle loot tables have been reverted. Normal and event.

Interesting. If they reverted to a former type, does that mean the AND bug is back? I suspect most players don't remember it and they never acknowledged it, but if other things reset, did that, too? I also suspect some of whoever is left at the company may not even know what it was. But we proved it was real.
  • Options
    DAE wrote: »

Interesting. If they reverted to a former type, does that mean the AND bug is back? I suspect most players don't remember it and they never acknowledged it, but if other things reset, did that, too? I also suspect some of whoever is left at the company may not even know what it was. But we proved it was real.

It seems that Bonus Crew with both Skills might not be boosting as much as they should. I can't tell for sure. But, getting several Shuttles that are <90%, when all three Crew are at least small Bonus and have both Skills on an "&" Seat.....

• Options
    tyllanthor wrote: »
    Hello, I have an update to this matter. My statement in the first post is wrong.

You see no rewards in the "Mission Concluded" screen but the VP reward is displayed for a moment (e.g. 800 VP instead of 4000 VP for successful mission). And you really receive these victory points.
    yvbf4qamh9ss.jpg

I think it's possible we're getting all the rewards and it's just a display bug. I just claimed my latest wave of shuttles on an account that isn't maxed out on trainers, checking the total of gold trainers in the inventory after each one - it went up by 4 even on a failed shuttle that appeared to show nothing (except the VP in the separate animation).
  • Options
    tyllanthor wrote: »

yvbf4qamh9ss.jpg

I think it's possible we're getting all the rewards and it's just a display bug. I just claimed my latest wave of shuttles on an account that isn't maxed out on trainers, checking the total of gold trainers in the inventory after each one - it went up by 4 even on a failed shuttle that appeared to show nothing (except the VP in the separate animation).

Weird if it is a display issue that it only does on some Shuttles. Not saying impossible. Saying it's odd if it is that.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Ive been watching this event closely and polling my fleet. Some are getting the standard failure vp reward pop up while others are not.
  • Options
    Yeah I noticed the shuttle VP changed last weekend too right after the 10.0 update hit. We used to be able to have some event shuttles out awaiting crew when the event would shift to the galaxy mode phase, but they all stopped giving VP once the galaxy mode started.

does this mean no more dirty shuttles?
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Personally, I think they deliberately made this change to failed shuttles. I don't believe it to be a glitch at all.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    Why should we get rewards for failing? Feels wrong.
  • Options
    Slick wrote: »
    Personally, I think they deliberately made this change to failed shuttles. I don't believe it to be a glitch at all.

But they originally changed Failed Shuttles because they didn't drop anything. They intentionally made the change. And there was an announcement and communication when they did so.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    @Slick

Its not a matter of “should we” , simple shuttles were the normal succeed or fail. Until they implemented tokens, they also implemented consolation failure at that time. If there is not consolation for fails, there is no incentive to run extra shuttles using tokens.

This is how they wanted it.

If they've chosen to change that back, all they need to do is state that. They have stated they are “looking into it”, leading players to blv is a glitch not an intended change.
  • Options

If I have 90% Shuttles, I expect them to succeed 9/10 of times and get a reward for it.
    But 90% fail far more often.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    -:- AZ689 wrote: »

If I have 90% Shuttles, I expect them to succeed 9/10 of times and get a reward for it.
    But 90% fail far more often.

Given all the other rollbacks we are seeing, perhaps the 'AND bug' has been reintroduced. As we've been begging for on multiple fronts, some communication beyond "Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We'll pass it along to the devs." would be greatly appreciated on the ever-increasing number of issues that are popping up the past week.