Home The Bridge
Options

Masters of the Arena

This new OE is perhaps the worst thing I have ever seen. To max it out free to play you have to go 19/20 wins in Arena. Not only that, but the rewards are schematics only. Anyone who has played along time probably has most of the Rare and Purple heavy hitters maxed. I have completed every OE since I started back up, but this one will be the first one I skip.

Comments

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Tank your rankings.
    2. The completion prize is pretty worthless. I can easily do the Captain/Admiral ones. I have no idea how to reliably win in Commander and I'm not sure I care because rare ships blow and I dont need 400 Chrons.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Tank arena, lose schematics, win schematics...
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends. If the current arena schematics are of no use, you might as well tank the arena.

I have the Keldon Class maxed, so I leave my ship tanked for the month, to give others a chance to get schematics. I will easily manage the 7 wins in Admiral.
  • Options

When the first schematics are for a ship I already have maxed and the second ones have at least a small chance of being for one I don't, it seems like an OK deal to me.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll play admiral to hunt for artifact schematics.

Then throw my phone against the wall when they refuse to drop or the single 100 schematics is so small to be meaningless.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends. If the current arena schematics are of no use, you might as well tank the arena.

I have the Keldon Class maxed, so I leave my ship tanked for the month, to give others a chance to get schematics. I will easily manage the 7 wins in Admiral.

Keldon’s probably not worth chasing anyways. It used to be a very good ship when CDR was bugged but it won’t hold up like it used to.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be a nice week off.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I think it's the right thing for them to add new things to do in the game but I think too many of these OEs are perverse incentives to play sub-optimally.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's the right thing for them to add new things to do in the game but I think too many of these OEs are perverse incentives to play sub-optimally.

And weak incentives to play parts of the game that are poorly designed so that players don't want to play them otherwise.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already maxed Keldon so I'm tanking Admiral division right now. I'll tank Commander division too, although I do want the current schematics so I'll leave that as late as possible.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I thought the prizes were legendary and SR beholds, not schematic beholds. Thanks for pointing out the difference! That creates a major change in my prioritization of this.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Captain CalvinCaptain Calvin ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    I've already maxed Keldon so I'm tanking Admiral division right now. I'll tank Commander division too, although I do want the current schematics so I'll leave that as late as possible.

Same here (Keldon maxed, need schematics for the Thunderchild). Personally, I won't be doing Commander's Arena for the OE and save for Captain/Admiral. The 400 chrono for completing the OE, I can live without - have 778K, so I'd rather make sure I get all the SR/L schematics pulls.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    I agree that this Objective is not useful for veteran players. And there always is the option of taking the 2 days off from an objective.
    I also agree that the objectives are often more of a supply eater than what they return.

But this new objective fulfills the requests of players multiple times over even if it is not useful for everyone.
    Requested…..
    1. New types and Variety in weekly objectives
    2. Dont drain all of our currencies
    3. Easier for younger accounts
    4. Another way to obtain ship schematics
  • Options
    Only 150 schematics per behold... Since this event can only be completed by spending (either DIL, or indirectly through tanking), the reward is quite poor.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 150 schematics per behold... Since this event can only be completed by spending (either DIL, or indirectly through tanking), the reward is quite poor.

Actually you have 2 days and less then 20 wins. I went 7/7 and finished admiral with no issue to finish that part, and 3/3 on captain as well to start that one. Its perfectly doable as long as you watch your matchups.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Actually you have 2 days and less then 20 wins. I went 7/7 and finished admiral with no issue to finish that part, and 3/3 on captain as well to start that one. Its perfectly doable as long as you watch your matchups.

People only get 1 mess up. 19/20 is not easy by any means. For most, Admiral division will be the easiest. Captain and Commander starts to become RNG unless you tanked your fights. Note: If you tanked your fights than the pitiful rewards will barely cover your daily scheme losses.

The "rewards" are sub par. While Schematics are great, 150, 150, and 100 are a slap in the face. If you are lucky, you can only build a 3* ship. 4* require 450 and. 5* requires 600.

You still have to get lucky and not get something completely different or worthless. My first set of 5* where Borg Cube, The Cardassian ship and ISS Enterprise. All have been worthless for some time now(also some of the oldest ships in the game).
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went 6/6 in admiral and 4/4 in captain. I had a choice of 3 of the newest 5* ships in my first behold, though none were useful for voyages. Easy enough to do, with no change in normal gameplay and no spending. Thanks to those who put level 1 ships up, especially in captain.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I went 6/6 in admiral and 4/4 in captain. I had a choice of 3 of the newest 5* ships in my first behold, though none were useful for voyages. Easy enough to do, with no change in normal gameplay and no spending. Thanks to those who put level 1 ships up, especially in captain.

I put one in captain. :smiley:
  • Options
    I would offer the Feedback that if this is run again, the 5 🌟 Behold should be for 500 Schemes, like the Voyage Behold. More likely to be able to advance a level that way.

The 4 🌟 Behold should also be increased somewhat, from 150. Is there a 4 🌟 Schemes Behold in Voyages? That might be a good guideline.

I hit 6/10 in Admiral. The Refresh finished the Admiral one immediately. I then got 7/9 in Captain. Didn't even bother with the Commander Division. Too much of a crap shoot for low level Schemes for stuff that is all complete.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    The beholds I got had ships I’m still working on - 150 doesn’t help much though. Even though doing these battles are also helping with achieving a daily goal I’m ‘meh’ on this OE.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a nice change. I even got an artifact in one of my two 5* beholds. But at 150 schematics, ehh... Only need another 11 beholds to go from 9 to 10. These need to be at least 500 schematics. The reward should be meaningful in helping you finish a ship.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    It was a nice change. I even got an artifact in one of my two 5* beholds. But at 150 schematics, ehh... Only need another 11 beholds to go from 9 to 10. These need to be at least 500 schematics. The reward should be meaningful in helping you finish a ship.

Well said.

I hit four Ships that could be advanced. None were. 500 Schemes, IIRC, would have advanced three of them.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, the behold and number of schematics are great suggestions, we will pass note to the team. Once we have more info regarding this matter we will share it, Thank you all. LLAP
  • Options
    I like the new event variety, and it's good to give new players something too, but this one is useless/ill conceived.
    I can't complete it because I failed 2 captain rank (did admiral first, no problem). I won't spend dil to get 3* schems and 400 chrons. 1 failure in 2 days is too strict for such meager (to me) rewards.

Either track arena battles (win or lose), or require fewer wins.

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went 19/20. Only failed 1 as I forgot to change my ship back. the lower two just took refreshes to get decent matchups to win but I managed to complete it all. Got one set of 5* and two sets of 4* schematics that I needed from it, but I wish it would have been more then 150. either way it was a fun change.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went 19/20. Only failed 1 as I forgot to change my ship back. the lower two just took refreshes to get decent matchups to win but I managed to complete it all. Got one set of 5* and two sets of 4* schematics that I needed from it, but I wish it would have been more then 150. either way it was a fun change.

I finished it in my 3rd account.
    And, in both my main and second account I got beaten by an "Arctic One" level4 ship. And in both I failed to complete it.
    But, I could care less , the only important rewards for those accounts was the small amount of schematics I got for 4* and 5*.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completed it on both accounts, no problems. And on my main account I got Thunderchild schematics from both purple beholds, which renders the whole thing a little bit pointless.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished it easily. Tanked all 3 divisions beforehand.