Home The Bridge
Options

not enough

I've been chewing on TP/WRG's response to their epic failures during the new launch. I've re-read the messages. I've pondered the "compensation" given out to players. Despite them doing a little more than usual to try & appease their customers - and never forget that's what we are: customers - they didn't actually show real remorse nor did they show true repentance. What I mean is that the trinkets (compensation) they handed out DIDN'T HURT THEM. Except for the Dilithium, none of the other rewards hurt their bottom line - none of them hurt the company in their wallet. The compensation was a ruse to appease only.

Let's pull back & look at the big picture: they just launched a new in-game play choice. That choice for the players revolves around Legendary crew - Legendary crew being immortalized. The whole thing revolves around that. Did any of the compensation help us players immortalize our Legendary crew? Not really. Did any of compensation/trinkets show that the company was willing to possibly hurt their own bottom line to help the players play this new feature? None, except for maybe the Dilithium - which when used in certain ways, could - maybe - help the players get a Legendary citation or another copy of a Legendary crew - maybe.

I'm pointing out that if this company REALLY wanted to show remorse - they would have done so that caused themselves some pain - that is, the compensation should have been free Legendary citations and/or Legendary beholds. Those 2 things are what this Golem considers precious. Those 2, especially with this new feature, are a driving force of income for this unrepentant & greedy company - they're money-makers for the machine. Compensation with those rewards would hurt the bottom line & show that they really did understand & care & were sorry for the mess they caused. Instead, we're given trinkets in the hope that would appease us.

Give them bread & circuses. (If you understand history, you'll get the reference).

BTW, I'm not a big debater & I don't really care if you disagree - I'm not posting this to start an argument . . . so I won't respond to the trolls or debaters. As I said, I've been thinking about this all week & decided to say something. It will come to nothing, I understand that, as everyone happily eats their bread & enjoys the circus.
Hurry up before those things eat Guy!

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be nice if once everything is finally fixed, they do more compensation, for sure.

The Shuttle glitch is especially irritating. Not just rewards are missing for failed Missions, but because literally 50% of my 95%+ Shuttles are failing since the glitch.

So, basically having more Failed Shuttles than normal, to not give any rewards.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    There was a legendary citation in the compensation, though.

You're a good citizen of Rome . . .
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be nice if once everything is finally fixed, they do more compensation, for sure.

The Shuttle glitch is especially irritating. Not just rewards are missing for failed Missions, but because literally 50% of my 95%+ Shuttles are failing since the glitch.

So, basically having more Failed Shuttles than normal, to not give any rewards.

You might be just having a run of bad luck, I haven’t noticed any increase in failure rate for my shuttles.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, our main goal since the update has been to make your player experience the most enjoyable due to the issues we have encountered along the way. We have provided you with spaces to express your thoughts and issues you might have been experiencing since the update. We want to keep that focus and Keep you and your fleets satisfied. Please allow us to do the most and best we can to achieve those objectives. Thank you for your support and understanding. LLAP
  • Options
    Wildstar19 wrote: »
    the compensation should have been free Legendary citations and/or Legendary beholds

I applaud your goals here.

I too was mildly inconvenienced for three days and could not farm Parametric Scanners. The devs did give me a free Legendary citation but, like you, I demand at least 17 Legendary citations.

Anyone who says "oh but we did get a free Legendary citation like you ask" is a Roman peasant. One? ONE? For the inconvenience of not being able to farm Parametric Scanners? Are you this easy to please?

If you disagree with me, I'll use the same insults that shook Calpurnia (look it up, it's Roman history, I bet you don't even know who Calpurnia and Servilia are, you peasant. You probably don't even know why Vespasian said "pecunia non olet".)
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    the compensation should have been free Legendary citations and/or Legendary beholds

I too was mildly inconvenienced for three days and could not farm Parametric Scanners. The devs did give me a free Legendary citation but, like you, I demand at least 17 Legendary citations.

Anyone who says "oh but we did get a free Legendary citation like you ask" is a Roman peasant. One? ONE? For the inconvenience of not being able to farm Parametric Scanners? Are you this easy to please?

If you disagree with me, I'll use the same insults that shook Calpurnia (look it up, it's Roman history, I bet you don't even know who Calpurnia and Servilia are, you peasant. You probably don't even know why Vespasian said "pecunia non olet".)

Everyone is clearly missing the point. TPG really needs to send us some yellow/gold filtered lenses to help us keep from getting eye damage from their “art choice” for crew that are immortalized.

I think the compensation will need to vary based on individual impacts. If you had more serious issues, you probably should get more than standard. And there probably should be additional compensation for issues that have arisen independently of continuum missions (like shuttle failures).
  • Options
    Navarch wrote: »
    Everyone is clearly missing the point. TPG really needs to send us some yellow/gold filtered lenses to help us keep from getting eye damage from their “art choice” for crew that are immortalized.

Oh, I'm not missing the point.

I want 17 Legendary Citations for the bother of not being able to farm Parametric Scanners. And I want 21 additional Legendary Citations because my characters are slightly ugly.

That makes 38 Legendary Citations that I'm owed for these two issues.

I promised a Roman-themed insult, so I'll go for "I bet you miss Sulla!"

But seriously, the yellow effect is ugly and I want it gone now. I don't want compensation or anything. I just want it gone and forgotten.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

I think the compensation will need to vary based on individual impacts. If you had more serious issues, you probably should get more than standard. And there probably should be additional compensation for issues that have arisen independently of continuum missions (like shuttle failures).

Applause please. 🥂 This ^

Continuously resetting missions, increased shuttle failure rate coupled with flat nothing for my wasted transmissions that I must use my currency to buy.
    I simply want the game to work as intended and be able to enjoy my time spent without getting blinded from bright lights that have now also ruined the immortalized card artwork along with making all of my cards appear incomplete.
    Compensation should be increased globally for this huge ongoing blunder, agreed, and much better individually but they dont seem to be taking more serious individual tickets into account.
    I would much rather have the game work properly than constantly talking about compensation.
  • Options

Let's pull back & look at the big picture: they just launched a new in-game play choice. That choice for the players revolves around Legendary crew - Legendary crew being immortalized. The whole thing revolves around that. Did any of the compensation help us players immortalize our Legendary crew? Not really. Did any of compensation/trinkets show that the company was willing to possibly hurt their own bottom line to help the players play this new feature? None, except for maybe the Dilithium - which when used in certain ways, could - maybe - help the players get a Legendary citation or another copy of a Legendary crew - maybe.
    It's not about legendary crew being immortalised. Just immortalized crew

There will be many, many who haven't got legendary crew yet or the crew needed. Bumping up their lower crew will help them on missions that have yet to be completed