Options

New Collection Royalty Trait

Currently maxes at 10 Immortalized.

zotnb25pgfhr.png
91jq4g5d72nz.png
1dli7m2inxum.png
z2lbnuucvc03.png
3cplkx40cbpq.png

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully this one expands later.
  • Options
    BTW, why does Kruge count as royalty?
  • Options

According to memory beta, there's a comic where he's the cousin of the emperor.
  • Options

According to memory beta, there's a comic where he's the cousin of the emperor.

Great scott, that’s a deep cut.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royalty collections without these?! :o
    n8339c5m3ud6.gif
    xoin39i6g6qg.png
    Lord Chekov and Mudd the First
    :D

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runaway Po is royalty, and she should have the trait.

Royalty is not something that can be switched on and off.

Billups, when we get him should also have the trait, and that's all versions.

I believe Admiral Georgiou is also missing Royalty.

@STT Community
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fairly sure Admiral Georgiou had been deposed by that point. Royalty can indeed be switched off. Agree with you on Po though, she was the heir at that point.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Fairly sure Admiral Georgiou had been deposed by that point. Royalty can indeed be switched off. Agree with you on Po though, she was the heir at that point.

Royalty usually implies bloodline. If it is not through bloodline, I guess it can end without death.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Royalty usually implies bloodline. If it is not through bloodline, I guess it can end without death.

Was Charles II royalty when Oliver Cromwell took over? James III? Bonnie Prince Charlie? What about current people descended from the Stuarts?

Or any other monarch that was deposed or exhiled without being killed?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes , royalty is in the bloodline. Otherwise in England, there would be no need keep track of the bloodline.
  • Options

I think royalty in the Mirror Universe works the same way as Starfleet promotions: whoever stabbed the previous incumbent is the new one. There's an implication in her titles that Georgiou claims decent from Hoshi, but that could well be propaganda. (I think someone would have mentioned somewhere that Prime Georgiou was descended from a Starfleet legend if she was.)
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different universe but is Lord (Darth) Vader considered royalty?
  • Options
    Different universe but is Lord (Darth) Vader considered royalty?

Nobility, certainly. Which is not quite the same.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lords are normally appointed, so Lord Vader would not have been Royalty, same as Lord Cameron is not Royalty.

Charles II was the son of Charles I. Charles II was declared the King after the execution of Charles I, Cromwell then defeated Charles II, and Charles II fled to France. Cromwell became Lord Protector of the Commonwealth, and ruled for five years. Upon his Cromwell's death, his son Richard became Lord Protector for eight months, and was deposed. Parliament then decided to invite Charles II back to reestablish the Monarchy. In all that time, Charles II was still Royalty.

Richard lived in exile in Europe for a long time, and is never considered Royalty.

• Options
    Even when hereditary, Lords aren't royalty (unless they happen to be). Hereditary control over a piece of land makes you noble, but to be royal the title has to be a sovereign one.

Now, was Elba II sovereign? Kinda. It was in Federation space, but the Federation is a bit like the EU as far as I can tell: halfway between an alliance and a traditional sovereign state.
  • Options
    Yes , royalty is in the bloodline. Otherwise in England, there would be no need keep track of the bloodline.

Only Engerland?
    Not the rest of the UK?

or Europe for that matter

And if Royalty is only in the bloodline, then what of marriage?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

Only Engerland?
    Not the rest of the UK?

Children are in the bloodline. obviously the children of a royal are in the bloodline. I do not know if marriage makes you royal. In checking, I see the term consort, which since I was asking about royal, seems not to be royal.

Edit: As an aside, if marriage makes one outside the bloodline royal, does that make previous children from a person outside the bloodline, royal?

Edit2: what I found about consorts. Is queen consorts are usually considered royal and (I guess king) consorts are not.

• Options

Only Engerland?
    Not the rest of the UK?

Children are in the bloodline. obviously the children of a royal are in the bloodline. I do not know if marriage makes you royal. In checking, I see the term consort, which since I was asking about royal, seems not to be royal.

Edit: As an aside, if marriage makes one outside the bloodline royal, does that make previous children from a person outside the bloodline, royal?

Edit2: what I found about consorts. Is queen consorts are usually considered royal and (I guess king) consorts are not.

The correct term is Prince Consort, Prince Phillip for example was consort to Elizabeth II, and they would also be considered royal.
  • Options

Only Engerland?
    Not the rest of the UK?

Doesn't just have to be the head of the house, but the spouses too, so Princesses' & Dukes
    The title of Duke is royalty, but not all.

And why are you just used the British royal family? There are at least 9 in Europe
  • Options

Only Engerland?
    Not the rest of the UK?

Doesn't just have to be the head of the house, but the spouses too, so Princesses' & Dukes

And why are you just used the British royal family? There are at least 9 in Europe

The same terminology and styles apply to the other royal families in Europe, more or less. For example, in the Danish royal family the Queen's husband is also a prince Consort (a title that he's expressed some disappointment about in recent years).

The Swedish royal family are all descended from the decidedly non-royal Jean Baptiste Jules Bernadotte, Marshall of France (like Q) and one of Napoleon's generals who was selected by parliament as the new heir to the throne. Another example of royalty not necessarily being in the bloodline.

There are so many examples of royalty being bestowed through conquest or other reasons, and consequently being lost for much the same reasons. Georgiou no longer being the Emperor following her being deposed is perfectly in line with real-world history.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

Only Engerland?
    Not the rest of the UK?

Are you talking about me?
    All I mentioned that the British keep a record of bloodline because I have seen it.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Looks like they did it again… 4* Deela is listed in the new Royalty mixed behold, but doesn’t seem to be listed in the vault.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Looks like they did it again… 4* Deela is listed in the new Royalty mixed behold, but doesn’t seem to be listed in the vault.

Was on my way to report this!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

same here.... Not that I was going to buy. Won't buy Mixed beholds anymore.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »

same here.... Not that I was going to buy. Won't buy Mixed beholds anymore.

I don't usually, either. But I have been checking for new Crew for the NiV threads.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, we will send note to the team regarding the Royalty trait add ins, as well as Deela not being listed in the vault. LLAP
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, we will send note to the team regarding the Royalty trait add ins, as well as Deela not being listed in the vault. LLAP

Please convey to the team that the optics on selling Pulls for the Mixed Behold for a day when she is not in the Vault and is thus unavailable in the Mixed Behold she is listed in are not good optics. This kind of mistake happening multiple times is something they really should address. Because it is definitely not good for the company's image.

Just providing feedback on something they should address pretty quickly.

• Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

Please convey to the team that the optics on selling Pulls for the Mixed Behold for a day when she is not in the Vault and is thus unavailable in the Mixed Behold she is listed in are not good optics. This kind of mistake happening multiple times is something they really should address. Because it is definitely not good for the company's image.

As a sign of good will to the shrinking fanbase, the next time it happens, give something to the players that has been vexing many - the whims of the RNG. Give a free Voyage behold of Black, Chakotay and Chapel and the next time a free Gauntlet behold and alternate as long as it keeps happening. It would be a good incentive to tighten up basic QC to have crew advertised actually in the packs when launched while giving the players something they want of a good value for the great inconvenience. Do we really need to check the Cryostasis Vault for accuracy for every pack release?
  • Options

As a sign of good will to the shrinking fanbase, the next time it happens, give something to the players that has been vexing many - the whims of the RNG. Give a free Voyage behold of Black, Chakotay and Chapel and the next time a free Gauntlet behold and alternate as long as it keeps happening. It would be a good incentive to tighten up basic QC to have crew advertised actually in the packs when launched while giving the players something they want of a good value for the great inconvenience. Do we really need to check the Cryostasis Vault for accuracy for every pack release?

It's sad that I went from checking the Vault to post the NiV threads, to checking if they are actually in the Vault to begin with.

I know people think everything I say is meant to be mean. But, I just offer feedback on things like this because I still love this game. I literally grew up on the Star Trek franchise when the franchise was TOS, TAS, and the first few movies. I try to suggest things to improve out of concern, not meanness. Sincerely.