Home The Bridge
Options

Next Week's OE

ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know what the next objective event is? It's still not showing in the event hub, shouldn't it have been there a couple of days ago?

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the next objective event is? It's still not showing in the event hub, shouldn't it have been there a couple of days ago?

It usually shows up before or after the previous one ends, IIRC. It's nice to know ahead of time if planning and adjustments are needed.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

It usually shows up before or after the previous one ends, IIRC. It's nice to know ahead of time if planning and adjustments are needed.

What kind of adjustments?
  • Options

Tanking Arena, for instance. If it the one that has Arena, Gauntlet, Shuttle success, and spend Chronitons.

"Save" Shuttles that return Monday if it is that one, as well.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

Tanking Arena, for instance. If it the one that has Arena, Gauntlet, Shuttle success, and spend Chronitons.

Also worth making sure you start a gauntlet on Monday and not playing in it until the event goes live. Then you get an easy ride when you start to clock up the rounds and another one when you start Wednesday's gauntlet.
  • Options

Also worth making sure you start a gauntlet on Monday and not playing in it until the event goes live. Then you get an easy ride when you start to clock up the rounds and another one when you start Wednesday's gauntlet.

And that, too. I forgot to say!

👍👍👍👍
  • Options
    @STT Community @WRG Ben Any chance of some information on next week's OE (if there is one) this side of the weekend?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    3:40 PM on a Friday. It'd be nice to find out about the OE before Monday. And if the thought is keeping it a secret prevents people from preparing, well I suspect the end result will be more chron hoarding and non-stop tanking. So pretty much the opposite of what the events are intended to do.
  • Options
    Or they were planning for another new event type, and are still bugfixing.
  • Options

Never thought of it. Thank you so much. <3
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    3:40 PM on a Friday. It'd be nice to find out about the OE before Monday. And if the thought is keeping it a secret prevents people from preparing, well I suspect the end result will be more chron hoarding and non-stop tanking. So pretty much the opposite of what the events are intended to do.

If you already have all of that months ship, than why not tank the arena. I only do the arena because it is part of the daily and it adds to the monthly campaign. It's not like you get anything special for being in the top whichever spot.
  • Options
    Honestly, I dont care about an annoucement a week before or 5 seconds before.
    Each of them is easily doing without any preperation.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I dont care about an annoucement a week before or 5 seconds before.
    Each of them is easily doing without any preperation.

I usually prefarm, so I don't sit with 10k chrons. I can earn them in a week, but if I have no warning I can't earn 10k chrons on two days.

And if there isn't an OE, I try to keep my rank higher in arena so I can earn the ship if I don't have it, or be near the top for the next month if I don't have that ship.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe there isn't one this week given the Devor issue they have been dealing with and possibly not one was planned because of US Thanksgiving. Maybe they will give stuff away as a way of saying thanks given all the recent problems. Could also be a potential Honor sale or Portal update (which is probably too early to happen)..
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there isn't an OE next week they should tell us. But I suppose the complete lack of communication isn't exactly surprising.
  • Options
    Now Sunday night. New Gauntlet reset.

I guess just let it sit until there is communication.....

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 hours away from the OE and we still don't know what it is or if it will even happen.
  • Options
    12 hours away from the OE and we still don't know what it is or if it will even happen.

Unless they have the whole week off for the holiday, the office should have opened up three hours ago. Which, might be a whole week holiday for them. I do not know. But, most businesses that close at least do a half day on Wednesday for Thanksgiving.

• Options
    Tweeted on X asking for update.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless they have the whole week off for the holiday, the office should have opened up three hours ago. Which, might be a whole week holiday for them. I do not know. But, most businesses that close at least do a half day on Wednesday for Thanksgiving.

Nancy almost certainly works in Europe. She's had an entire day in the office without responding. The lack of communication is embarrassing at this point.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Nancy almost certainly works in Europe. She's had an entire day in the office without responding. The lack of communication is embarrassing at this point.

Communication definitely needs a Boost!

EDIT: A 5 🌟 one.

🖖🖖🖖🖖🖖
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    They put out a communication notice that it will reset at the daily switch over and be a Continuum OE (I refuse to use that stupid other word they came up with).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    They put out a communication notice that it will reset at the daily switch over and be a Continuum OE (I refuse to use that stupid other word they came up with).

Nothing says great planning like running a new oe on a new buggy feature over a holiday weekend when your staff is off.

That apparently is more unexpected than the Spanish Inquisition. Since, there is still nothing visible in the Hub.

No need to prep, for me, if it is going to be doing the new "feature". Because I don't. But, people might like to know ahead of time what it involves. In case they need to prepare in some way.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hatched an evil scheme last Wednesday. It’s nice to know my scheming will likely cause more evil if it’s a continuum OE.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »

If that's right, it'll be two weeks long, not two days. So does that mean no normal midweek OEs until December or have wires been crossed somewhere?
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    If there isn't an OE next week they should tell us. But I suppose the complete lack of communication isn't exactly surprising.

The silence coming from WRG is deafening.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    Tomorrow at the daily reset (5am UTC) will start our first Continuum & Quipment Objective Event!

So, 5am UTC has come and gone and all that's appeared in the event hub is a notification for next week (ie starting Nov 28th) that we're getting the new-ish "Advance Your Crew" OE (where you get beholds for working on leveling/fusing).

In the round, I don't particularly mind a week off OEs. I do mind what's apparently another glitch related to the new feature that already had an extremely bugged rollout.
  • Options
    I do mind what's apparently another glitch related to the new feature that already had an extremely bugged rollout.

I don't. The longer the delay, the heftier the in-game compensation message.

I suggest that, like two weeks ago, they give us a Legendary Citation. Add some Continuum chronitons and so.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Nothing says great planning like running a new oe on a new buggy feature over a holiday weekend when your staff is off.

Nothing says great planning like announcing a new oe on a new buggy feature over a holiday weekend when your staff is off.. and then w/o further comms not run it.
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?