Home The Bridge
Options

Daily mission change

cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
Wondering why the change to need 3 scans for the daily now. Forcing us to spend ISM each day.
Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!

Comments

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, noticed that. Not an issue for me as I always do more than 3 scans anyway, but they did make a point when they brought in ISM and retrievals that they weren't going to do this. That the scan requirement was being set to once per day specifically so that people wouldn't have to spend ISM to complete their dailies.

I guess that promise had an expiry date. And of course the communication around the change is up to their recent standards.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Yeah, it's a weird change.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beat me to it.
    Also noticed this change, and there has been no official communication.
    Unless I have missed it.

There really needs to be more in-game communication. Not all players use the forums or use social media, so any changes brought about really should be communicated in-game.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Is this a rollback issue? There seems to be a few things like that at the moment. A long time ago, before ISM was a twinkle in the devs' eyes, daily missions used to require 3 daily scans and there was a countdown between free scans - 3 hours I think. Dilithium was the only way to speed them up, so if you started late, or had a busy day, it was very easy to miss getting 3 scans in. The community gave feedback (i.e. had a moan) and it was quite quickly changed to one scan per day.
  • Options
    Also changes in achievements.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was changed to one scan a day when retrieval was brought in. It was not about community pressure.

Community pressure was changing three dilemmas a day to one.

I also seemed to miss out my second tier of rewards for space battles and away team missions, it went from do 5 to do 20.
  • Options
    A long time ago, before ISM was a twinkle in the devs' eyes, daily missions used to require 3 daily scans and there was a countdown between free scans - 3 hours I think.
    So we're back to three minus the countdown. Meaning we can't circumnavigate the immolation of currency and are steering right up the reef.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was changed to one scan a day when retrieval was brought in. It was not about community pressure.

I also seemed to miss out my second tier of rewards for space battles and away team missions, it went from do 5 to do 20.

Space Battles and Away Team Rewards were always 5/10/20. Unless I am misreading your last sentence. I just woke up.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the lack of announcement we can't even tell if this was intentional or another screw up where something reverted because the person making the change didn't know what they were doing.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truthfully, I didn't notice. But this should not be going on. Probably a mistake. In a few days when they notice it, they will probably change it back.
  • Options
    More scans, more rewards. 😃
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Space Battles and Away Team Rewards were always 5/10/20. Unless I am misreading your last sentence. I just woke up.

What he was saying that he did not get the 10 away and space battle reward in achievement.

So far I have. But, I will keep an eye on it.

BTW @Mirror Cartman if you cannot complete your daily, it will be because of the loss of accolades.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    But this should not be going on.
    I don't like this change as well. The problem is, that, depending on how heavily sought after an item is, prices at the Celestial Market can be very hefty. Hence I'm counting with every ISM unit I get my hands on. And I'm saying this as a Supremium Campaign user, who gets a lot by the campaign, because I want to spend the currency on Crew Retrieval.

A good compromise would be the reintroduction of the 3h countdown and let become paying this ISM bill a last resort effort for people, who missed the lousy number of needed logins.

C'mon, logging in regularly over the course of the day, paying all these bucks and watching all those ads must be worth something. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    Ad warp + like four regular scans for me daily anyway.

To those who do just one scan daily; Do you bother with crew retrievals?

Retrievals are such a nice way to pick great crew you missed out on IMHO.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Scanning your way to the right polestar is major RNG. People are saving their ISM so they can buy the one or two polestars they need from the market instead of hoping it happens to drop from the scan and then opening the constellation.
  • Options

FWIW, I treat my two accounts differently. On my main account I generally do 10 scans per day, 5 paid for with ISM alternating with 5 from watching ads. That may be too many, but it's what I've settled.on and I'm a creature of habit. So the change obviously hasn't impacted me at all there. I currently have more than 400K of ISM in the bank for that account, so it's working so far.

On my alt account I was doing one scan per day and leaving it at that. Mostly because you can't do ads on two accounts on the same device, because the devs apparently like bugs that stop the company from making money. I've obviously upped that to 3 scans per day now, it's only an extra 200 ISM for the two extra scans.

It's not the cost of anything in this case that's annoyed me, 200 ISM per day is meaningless. It's the fact that they've apparently gone back on their word, again. And the fact that they haven't bothered communicating with us about the changes, again. That's the bit that really winds me up.
  • Options
    I hope this is a bug. Otherwise it's just sinking ISM down the drain for polestars that often give bad traits like Human or Starfleet. The market is the best use of ISM, I don't see why they'd want us to do those scans which only benefit gamblers who gamble regardless of if it's a daily task or not.
  • Options
    I like it. reminds me of the good old days

Hopefully they will get rid of warp & speed ups next
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will come a day when we all log in to play and this is what we will see....
    m8cg1dtyzv2z.png
    ...and it will be all over...

I prefer this version ;) (*cues 'Daybreak'*)

g11zlb4utzfv.png

My assumption is this is an accident/mistake because otherwise it makes negative sense..."So let me get this straight, you need me to spend ISM so that I can complete my dailies, and when I complete my dailies you will give me back my ISM? What are we doing here, paying a refundable deposit for the privilege of completing dailies?!"
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

Admiral, I’ve been doing just one scan a day for at least a year and have been able to keep up with my CRs. There comes a point where you have a massive stockpile of polestars and scans are just a waste of time. I’m only just now cutting into that stockpile by plowing my daily dilithium into quantum and doing a CR about every week. And my 4M ISM bank can buy me any polestar I need. So that’s one approach.

Interesting side note: I needed to do a CR to get Lt JG Kayshon. But the only way to get him is with the Tamarian polestar. So I put an order in at 500K ISM for his constellation. Someone took me up on it and it was the Tamarian polestar I pulled. How I felt: 😎
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options

You are absolutely right, my bad!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to one scan a day.

There is a feature of the animations when claiming rewards, I don't know if this is new.

When I do 20 away team or shuttle missions, and go to the daily mission screen, if I double click on the 5 mission reward, it claims to 10 mission reward as well, skips the animation and jumps straight to the 20 reward. It does give the 10 mission reward, just does not show it.

On an android phone, first thing in the morning it is very easy to do this without realising it.

I don't know if this is a new feature, or one I have just noticed because I was taking notice of the reward structure.
  • Options
    I checked on this this morning and I had to do 1 scan to fullfill my scanning-dailies
  • Options
    So, just yet another bug then? It sure would be nice to have some kind of communication from WRG to confirm this one way or another. It'd be nice to win the lottery too, and frankly that seems more likely right now.
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    So, just yet another bug then? It sure would be nice to have some kind of communication from WRG to confirm this one way or another. It'd be nice to win the lottery too, and frankly that seems more likely right now.

The entire game is being run by a skeleton crew now. You wont see increased communication or improved quality of life features. As nomad alluded to, this is the twilight stage of this game. There will be one big round of holiday sales (black friday, christmas) and when they compare those sales to last year, the game will be phased out. Its inevitable.

Happy Thanksgiving