Home The Bridge
Options

Dabo is "customized for me" yet full of ships I've maxed

I was just curious if Dabo is "customized for me" in terms of rewards, why most days it has ships that I've already fully completed? I'm about to go from a daily dabo player to just taking the free pull. I've got more schematics for ships that are finished than I can use, and I don't really want anymore of them.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, the ship schematic selection in Dabo is weird.

That said, when they introduced Dabo they were quite adamant that "customized" didn't mean "everything is useful to you".
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    They make good use in the replicator though lol
  • Options
    Dabo is frustratingly predictable. 2 pulls everyday for over a year and I’ve never got anything top row. Not once out of 800 pulls.
    You know what would make Dabo fun and more realistic to the bar it comes from? Greater risk = greater reward. I can wager 40 dil or 200 dil to access higher returns. The way it is set up now I won’t spend more then 10 dil...it’s a waste of time and more like a gumball machine then Dabo...it ain’t Dabo at all.
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    JMJM ✭✭
    I used to play the dabo wheel almost every day, often up to the 100 or 200 dil level because much of the equipment was customized to my crew roster. I also have never received anything from the top row in the past year and have noticed a change the past couple months where now nothing is equipable in my roster except the top right equipment option. I am not sure what changed but it's definitely not customized to my crew anymore.
  • Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I was told by support that only the bottom row of equipment is customized to what you need, the middle row is random, but I too seem to see the same schematics coming up over and over, even though I've maxed some of them. Used to be good for replication, by voyages take care of that now!
    Top row you may as well forget it, unless you want to spend loads of crystals!
    Now we get to gamble with the Merit Packs, which seem to give me rubbish 1 or 2 * crew, although other fleet members have been lucky getting 4 and even 5* crew.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure how it could be "customized" since at least 1/3 of the time the Legendary offered is one I already have at 5/5 and only once or twice a week or so is one of the 4* offerings one that I don't have at 4/4 already.
  • Options
    I often get the Borg Queen at the legendary character at the top, and she's one of only five 5* that I have FF.
  • Options
    It's customized for me so that I don't spend more than the initial credit pull...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • Options
    Phd wrote: »
    I was told by support that only the bottom row of equipment is customized to what you need, the middle row is random, but I too seem to see the same schematics coming up over and over, even though I've maxed some of them. Used to be good for replication, by voyages take care of that now!
    Top row you may as well forget it, unless you want to spend loads of crystals!
    Now we get to gamble with the Merit Packs, which seem to give me rubbish 1 or 2 * crew, although other fleet members have been lucky getting 4 and even 5* crew.

That makes sense. I've never counted on the top row, and I've never won anything on the top row. And I have probably played dabo 300 times or more now. That doesn't bother me. I'm just going to stop using 10 dl on dabo. I just don't need those ships. Not a big deal. Just good to know.
  • Options
    Maybe someday they will pull a “Starbase upgrade” type situation with schematics/ships and slowly raise their levels a little at a time. If they do, then I’m ready.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    They make good use in the replicator though lol

This with extras always.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    From the DB dictionary: Customized = RNG
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Weirdly enough, when I started beta testing the steam version with a new account, the very first dabo pull I had was a top tier 4* (can't remember who now). In over six months of my main account (10 dil/day mainly) I have only gotten one top tier (Princess Jadzia), which only happened last week; Dabo girl Leeta appeared and said "you never know who you will meet at the dabo table". I thought the drop rate was pretty poor for those top tier stuff but looking at your stories, I have done pretty well!
    Colored Tribbles Fleet recruiting now - lvl 30 and above are welcome!