Home The Bridge
Options

Gold Filter Crew - Feedback

Greetings Captains, over the past weeks we've heard your complaints regarding the gold filter in the crew. We are open to making some changes to bring back an aesthetic look to it. Please let us know what some possible suggestions that you might have. Thank you for your constructive Feedback, LLAP

Remember to be constructive with your comments, criticism is always welcome if it has the right manners and objective behind the comment Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    If the current UI is to kept, then
    1. No Gold Filter by default. If TPG really wants it, then only when the QP filter is selected in the crew quarters.

2. Identify CM-eligable crew by placing some form of icon / graphic where the "train" button is for non-immortalised crew, or next to the information buble "i"

• Options
    Preferably just get rid of the gold filter on the crew as it doesn't add anything - just an annoying visual effect that spoils the art work and makes everything look yellow/gold (more Simpsons Timelines than Star Trek). While I don't suffer from any photosensitivity problems personally, I now start getting a headache if I look at the immortalised crew characters for more than a few minutes - even started to develop the inspector dreyus eye twitch (for those that remember The Pink Panther films lol).

Alternatively, any of the above suggestions would be welcome (or just some way of choosing to turn it off if you wish).
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    The simplest solution is to just get rid of the filter. It will still be clear that a crew is eligible for these missions because, after they are immortalized, there's the galaxy artwork in the background and the new equipment slots open up. I don't understand the need for more than that.

I understand the thought of having this: change can be good and you want the eligible crew to stand out. But the players who will have these types of crew (FE'ed and FF'ed legendaries) are going to be your most loyal and knowledgable players. You don't need to call it out to us, as we already know.

I will say, the one thing I am looking forward to is the dark, purple galaxy background when I eventually unlock the full four equipment slots. The images I've seen here make it look really nice. So please keep that.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Navarch wrote: »
    Basically, just turn off the gold. If you want to make it clear that this crew can be further developed, you can just put under immortalized “quip eligible”.

There is a filter in the pull down for Continuum Missions.

I think. Let me look.

Edit #1: There is. "QP" right under "Immortalized".

o2cachnudmto.png

Edit #2: Not even sure we need anything beyond sorting by "Immortalized", to be honest. Immortalized would be the only ones eligible, any way. I guess Maybe "QP" sorts by open QP Slots first?

Edit #3: I guess it does. My Immortals that are 50% are listed before 25%, and then the 0% progress. The QP sorting filter should be sufficient, without ruining artwork in an artwork collection game.....

fk18xfu6wjy2.png

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    The changed background does not bother me, personally. It's not changing the main artwork, which is the Crew person.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    If just turning it off all round isn't an option for any reason, please add a toggle in Settings so individual players can choose not to see it. (And if such functionality is added, it would be nice - and ultimately more important - to have something that allowed photosensitive players to turn off the bright flashes that pop up at various points.)

At the moment, if I want to enjoy the full artwork of my immortalised cards, I'm better off going to the cryostasis vault, which is a pity.
  • Options
    I love the gold filter, please don‘t remove it. :/
  • Options
    Like others said, just get rid of the gold filter.

Also, heres a hot take:

Instead of screwing up the collectibility of the very thing you are selling to players (art), why not just change the background to indicate quipment status? Example, immortalized crew has the galaxy background, maybe levels 1-4 of quipment change the background color or image, but leave the artwork of the character alone
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone with epilepsy, the addition of flashes, swirling lights, and the gold filter in the last several months at times makes me feel uneasy. It is only eye candy and adds nothing to the game. The time spent on those things could have been put to better use in improving QoL things within the game.
    This is an excellent point. I honestly hadn't considered that there could be potential medical consequences to all of the new art snafus.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone with epilepsy, the addition of flashes, swirling lights, and the gold filter in the last several months at times makes me feel uneasy. It is only eye candy and adds nothing to the game. The time spent on those things could have been put to better use in improving QoL things within the game.

Only criticism: I don’t think of the gold filter as eye candy. Maybe eye vomit.
  • Options
    Thank you Captains! We wanted to know your feedback regarding possible alternatives to the gold filter. We will pass these notes to the devs and attempt to bring a more enjoyable feature for this matter. LLAP
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    My only feedback is I really and truly hate the gold filter. If some people like it maybe have it as an option but I just want it gone. Sharing screenshots of the wonderful artwork of our favorite crew that we worked hard and/or spent money to complete has become a nightmare.

You do realize WHO the ONE person who "loves" it is, right?

Royal Communications Officer.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion is to get rid of it for all crew bar one, keep it as an Easter Egg for Captain Lawrence H. Styles, when we get him.

tumblr_pyhbvbPyC01qj6sk2o1_500.gifv

• Options
    My suggestion is to get rid of it for all crew bar one, keep it as an Easter Egg for Captain Lawrence H. Styles, when we get him.

tumblr_pyhbvbPyC01qj6sk2o1_500.gifv

Every talks about how cocky Styles was.

No one ever acknowledges Styles is cocky because he carries a Klingon officer's swagger stick he won in hand to hand combat.....
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean really, what are we doing here? I appreciate dutiful Harry's commitment to the Caretaker Array bit but come on, have mercy.

5fuml175kvhs.jpg
  • Options
    I always thought Harry had a yellow streak - I'll get my coat...
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the gold filter was just a once through animation, that would be fine, and a cool effect. But then we could see the actual image after.
  • Options
    I don't mind it TBH. Don't see what the fuss is about. It's not like I spend a lot of time in the crew area studying them

The best option I think is to just change the background of all crew immortalized. Wouldn't take much to change the background -such as transporter room. Maybe completely or just a different colour
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind it TBH. Don't see what the fuss is about. It's not like I spend a lot of time in the crew area studying them

The best option I think is to just change the background of all crew immortalized. Wouldn't take much to change the background -such as transporter room. Maybe completely or just a different colour

Immortalised crew already get a different background, that's why the gold effect is so unnecessary. If the gold effect was reserved for crew that have all 4 quipment slots unlocked that would make more sense, but they get another different background so its unnecessary there as well.
  • Options
    It's horrible, it needs to be removed with this every artwork in the game for FF/FE crew is meaningless ...
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Agreed on so many comments. Please return crew quarters to fully fused, fully immortal and completed without disruptions to the original crew quarters layout and artwork.

As some have suggested use a SIMPLE notation such as “Q” to indicate cards ready for the continuum. Once that is selected a “continue to quipping” could then introduce the 1-4 leveling and empty quipment build boxes.

Leave the waving, shining, bright, flashing, moving, sliding lights behind. Leave that idea behind forever. Unless it pertains to (ship battles or traveling) for instance where motion and lighting are valuable to the visual of the game. Crew quarters, item builds, gauntlet dust, daily missions….and so on, these effects add nothing but frustration, motion sickness and headaches to these areas.
    Please tone it down…everywhere that is not necessary. And keep in mind different devices visualize color and lighting effects more intensely than some. I do literally wear sunglasses to play STT now, and must often stop for a visual stability break to focus on something not in motion or walk away to stop the dizziness and motion sick feeling.
    This is after setting my motion control to limited and adjusting my device lighting.