Home The Bridge
Options

Twenty Continuum Missions This Week?

edited November 2023 in The Bridge
It looks like there are 20 continuum missions this week, instead of the usual 4.
I'm OK with this, because I happen to love the continuum missions, but the merit/quantum/dilithium rewards no longer reflect the time investment necessary for completion, and I hardly think the majority of players will appreciate it.
nmbml4milo7h.png

Hopefully it's a bug/oversight. Mostly I'm looking for a WRG statement regarding what's going on, and what to expect.

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 missions seemed too little and 20 feels like too much. Maybe split the difference and do 10 missions at each difficulty level, for the current rewards.
  • Options
    I think 10 is still too much, it will force you to use Quipment on crew to complete the missions, which is ok, that's kind of the point, but I would think there should be some opportunity to use the Quipment on crew for voyages/gauntlet.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 is far too many. It's absolutely not going to be possible to complete this week without spending heavily to get around the 12 hour cooldown. If you've only got the three containers you're going to need to run 7 sets of missions per day (rough estimate, based on 2.5 attempts needed to clear each missions), that's a lot of time and a lot of chrons needed.

This has to be one more bug, surely? There's no way anybody could have thought that 20 missions was a sensible escalation from 4?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know when we can re-run the Mission with Quinn for two more copies.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Yeah I dunno if this right… if it is the rewards also need to be upped…. 250 quantum/dil for having to do way more?!?! Messed up… if they’re going from 12/12/12 to 60/60/60 the rewards should equally be upped by 5 times as much as well… they better address this sooner rather than later!!
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am good with the additional missions. I would like to see the weekly rewards scaled up to match the increased effort. And please replace the merits with 10,000 honor or something more useful.
  • Options
    Navarch wrote: »
    please replace the merits
    LOL for real, that's not even a single merit pull in the portal. It's like they have no idea what values of their own currencies are relevant.

6 missions *maybe*. 20 is ludicrous. My money is still on "bug" or else month-long "event", but I don't want to suggest a way out for their mistake...
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no issue with having the extra missions, but the reward for completion needs to be amended accordingly, as the balance of "is it worth it" has shifted.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Is it even going to be possible to complete all 20 missions 3 times? That's a lot of chrons to spend, even with the minimum number of runs on each mission (2-3, depending on how many paths there are). That's 120-180 total runs. With 4 containers, that's 30-45 runs per week, or 4-7 runs per day, if you get crits on every run. I feel like that is still too many. I guess we'll see how this week goes.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    Is it even going to be possible to complete all 20 missions 3 times? That's a lot of chrons to spend, even with the minimum number of runs on each mission (2-3, depending on how many paths there are). That's 120-180 total runs. With 4 containers, that's 30-45 runs per week, or 4-7 runs per day, if you get crits on every run. I feel like that is still too many. I guess we'll see how this week goes.

I believe you’d need to have all 5 containers, spend a ton of chrons, and play continuum missions religiously, but it seems to be possible. Whether you’d want to do all that is a separate question.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure those are the same 20 missions we had soon after the initial launch when it was a bug and they had to restart the continuum missions. I expect to lose today's progress and restart a new 4 mission set tomorrow (same as last time).
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Options
    Ikrit wrote: »

I believe you’d need to have all 5 containers, spend a ton of chrons, and play continuum missions religiously, but it seems to be possible. Whether you’d want to do all that is a separate question.

With three containers you need to do 7-8 runs per day to clear all this in a week, assuming no failures. With 4 or 5 containers it's much more doable. But yes, it's a lot of chrons and effort either way, it's just a matter of how much.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is almost certainly a bug. The way they launch new continuum missions is a disaster.

Honestly, the only thing worse is that it's 3 hours into the NY day, and a full day in for Nancy in Europe and no one has even posted that it's a bug they're working on.
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    Are we sure these extra missions is accurate and not a bug ? I'm understandably wary after the last few weeks when theres an unexpected change with no in game communication confirming the change.
  • Options
    @STT Community can someone confirm if 20 missions per difficulty is expected behaviour for this weeks Continuum Missions ?
  • Options
    It looks like there are 20 continuum missions this week, instead of the usual 4.
    I'm OK with this, because I happen to love the continuum missions, but the merit/quantum/dilithium rewards no longer reflect the time investment necessary for completion, and I hardly think the majority of players will appreciate it.
    nmbml4milo7h.png

Hopefully it's a bug/oversight. Mostly I'm looking for a WRG statement regarding what's going on, and what to expect.

Totally agree, 12hrs to get free tubes, 24hrs would clear 4 to 5 missions using 5 tubes. 7 days 35 missions, we have to clear 60, so this is a dilithium and chronitons pit!
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, Yesterday when launching the C Missions, we accidentally launched double the amount. By the time the team realized some players made quite a lot of progress. taking those extra missions out would reset the progress for everyone, so we decided to leave them and let our Captains grind the extra missions. We are considering extending the duration or speeding up the regeneration of containers. On the other hand, today we will send out some compensation for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding, LLAP
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, Yesterday when launching the C Missions, we accidentally launched double the amount. By the time the team realized some players made quite a lot of progress. taking those extra missions out would reset the progress for everyone, so we decided to leave them and let our Captains grind the extra missions. We are considering extending the duration or speeding up the regeneration of containers. On the other hand, today we will send out some compensation for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding, LLAP

Even if it is increased the rewards should also be increased… 4 missions to 10 if that is indeed the case…. I would think that would still double the rewards on a weekly basis… so 1200 merits, 500 quantum and 500 dil… if you’re doubling the effort then you must also double the rewards.
  • Options
    It's not double the amount it's 5x the amount.
  • Options

You actually x5 the missions not x2 there are 20 missions per level not 8. @WRG Ben the communication is completely wrong unless the missions intended to be 10 missions per level instead of the previous 3 weeks where we had 2?

6cdj21szty2o.jpg
    zse3a8dbl3tc.jpg
    60md2feymi8j.jpg
    q189l928k0le.jpg
    1912zbqd4q8k.jpg
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

You actually x5 the missions not x2 there are 20 missions per level not 8. @WRG Ben the communication is completely wrong unless the missions intended to be 10 missions per level instead of the previous 3 weeks where we had 2?

6cdj21szty2o.jpg
    zse3a8dbl3tc.jpg
    60md2feymi8j.jpg
    q189l928k0le.jpg
    1912zbqd4q8k.jpg

Technically, didn’t we have 4 missions in previous weeks?

• Options

6cdj21szty2o.jpg
    zse3a8dbl3tc.jpg
    60md2feymi8j.jpg
    q189l928k0le.jpg
    1912zbqd4q8k.jpg

Technically, didn’t we have 4 missions in previous weeks?

Yes. That's what Dreadnought said.
  • Options
    It wasnt a mistake. They tried something new.
  • Options
    Well this is a strong encouragement for people to spend 3500 Dil on the 4th/5th slots now, which I did. I'm liking that I have the freedom to just equip the special equipment on anybody now rather being choosy, but I'd still rather not have to deal with it at all.
  • Options
    Anyone else get an error on the 7th level Assault and Battery? There isn’t anything once I enter it.tto34jm2ieyt.png
    ng71g6bxsq1d.png
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else get an error on the 7th level Assault and Battery? There isn’t anything once I enter it.tto34jm2ieyt.png
    ng71g6bxsq1d.png

Check the containers , but do not redeem any. See if the mission appears. When this bug happened in the past , the mission would appear after looking at containers.
  • Options
    nuk0og1gvfzr.jpg

So Epic level to complete, fun and games
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    ng71g6bxsq1d.png

Check the containers , but do not redeem any. See if the mission appears. When this bug happened in the past , the mission would appear after looking at containers.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Zsa Zsa GaborgZsa Zsa Gaborg ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
  • Options
    Now the Continuum Missions are gone? Anyone else have that happen?