Home The Bridge
Options

Are 20 Missions in the Continuum by design or is it a Bug?

Could we please get an official answer on this? There is a lot of speculation here on the forums and I have not seen any comments (here or on unofficial channels) from the Timelines Team.

I just want to know whether or not this is the new normal for Continuum missions.
Member of Rise of the Phoenix.

Comments

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably worth tagging @STT Community or @WRG Ben, might help get a response.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think the tags work for either of them.
  • Options
    I caved and played a set to keep working towards the OE but I'm pretty confident my progress is going to be wiped out when they fix it. I think we've been given all the missions that have ever been in the Continuum Missions so far by mistake, plus what the new ones were supposed to be.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I caved and played a set to keep working towards the OE but I'm pretty confident my progress is going to be wiped out when they fix it. I think we've been given all the missions that have ever been in the Continuum Missions so far by mistake, plus what the new ones were supposed to be.

At this point, I’m just trying to collect as many rare rewards as possible, expecting a reset. If it happens, it happens.
  • Options
    If it is a bug they should just let us play it and give us the merits, quantum and dil that we haven't earned as compensation. If they reset it and we have to start over, we'll have less time to complete all missions to earn those rewards, which forces you to spend more dil/chrons. So not really ideal
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, Yesterday when launching the C Missions, we accidentally launched double the amount. By the time the team realized some players made quite a lot of progress. taking those extra missions out would reset the progress for everyone, so we decided to leave them and let our Captains grind the extra missions. We are considering extending the duration or speeding up the regeneration of containers. On the other hand, today we will send out some compensation for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding, LLAP
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, Yesterday when launching the C Missions, we accidentally launched double the amount. By the time the team realized some players made quite a lot of progress. taking those extra missions out would reset the progress for everyone, so we decided to leave them and let our Captains grind the extra missions. We are considering extending the duration or speeding up the regeneration of containers. On the other hand, today we will send out some compensation for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding, LLAP

@STT Community to confirm..., the plan was for 10 missions per level....that is still a 2.5x increase from the current trend of 4 missions....
  • Options
    On the bug hypothesis, and having remembered that the original problems were caused by changing a time on the system, I'm wondering if this week's issue is caused by the fact that the dates straddle the end of November and the start of December ... Either due to human error somewhere or something hard coded in to the Continuum interface that can't cope with it. (I suspect the former given that events, campaigns, etc. carry on fine from one month to the next on a routine basis.)
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

The in game message explicitly states an extra four missions on top of the planned four, i.e. a total of eight missions.

In fact there are twenty missions this week.

Sixty stars per tier, 3 stars per mission, per tier. 20 missions

789f41gn70su.jpg
    pkseqg0p3mp1.jpg
  • Options
    Finn SCFinn SC ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    20 missions per tier is not an extra four but an extra 16, unless the plan was to quadruple the missions per week and they have accidentally been quintupled? Then again the message says "along with the normal scheduled four" which seems to say the engineering room worked under the misconception that there are 8 missions, not 20?

Perhaps we could get a clarification/correction from @STT Community?
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    One wonders if this math problem explains some of the coding issues TPG has experienced recently.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be able to figure out that there were more than eight, surely. No matter how bad their maths is? I mean, it's not like they'd have to take their socks off to count them before they realised there were more than they thought