Home Engineering Room

"Tap To Continue"

I can tap and tap and tap (click with my mouse) and it just will not go past for ages - I just randomly end up having to click everywhere in order for it to - IF I am lucky - go away.
This is on the PC - not in steam or anywhere else.

Comments

• It‘s on Apple too. I don’t mind though. Just click in the middle of the screen.
  • Yes, we used to have to click where it says to click to continue. Now we have to click anywhere except for where it says to click to.
  • They should change the message to: "Tap To Continue, but not on these words, and not in this box, but somewhere else on the screen where the stars are"...
  • BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    used to be able to just tap the box, why would they change something so stupid lol - thanks all for the information!
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Its on Kindle Fire, too. But like others suggested, it works by tapping anywhere outside the dialog box. I've missed much of the plot during those scenes because of this until I finally figured out to tap elsewhere.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprise B, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Thought it was just a Steam issue. But yeah, I first noticed it in events (at the start and at the beginning of phase two) a few weeks back. Took me longer than it should have to figure out I needed to click outside of the area I'd always clicked. :D
  • Bekka wrote: »
    I can tap and tap and tap (click with my mouse) and it just will not go past for ages - I just randomly end up having to click everywhere in order for it to - IF I am lucky - go away.
    This is on the PC - not in steam or anywhere else.

Click the area of the screen way above the tap here and the next page loads, you know TP by now with glitches, it should read "click anywhere but here!"
  • Greetings Captains, we will pass notes to the devs regarding the Tap problem in your screens. LLAP
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭✭
    Bekka wrote: »
    used to be able to just tap the box, why would they change something so stupid lol - thanks all for the information!

I blv they changed the “click location” because of touch screen buttons being to close the edge and not working at all for some mobile platforms. Simply moving the text box away from the screens edge would fix this, or as suggested making a clear box to click on, or adding the words “center screen” would also help.
    “Tap center screen to continue”

It seems as though theyve added a QOL improvement and simply forgot to mention or complete it in the midst of all of the other malfunctions taking place lately.