Home The Bridge
Options

What exactly is the ‘VOY’ trait?

What exactly is the ‘VOY’ trait? It is listed as one of the traits for small bonus crew in the bedside manner event. I cannot not a single crew with this trait.

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew from the Voyager series.
  • Options
    That cannot be used as a search to find crew, as it is not a "trait".
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game has hidden traits, that matter for gameplay purposes but can't be seen or searched. That includes things like "nonhuman", "female" and a trait for each of the TV series, so "TNG", "DS9", "VOY" and so on. So "crew with the VOY trait" means a lot to the game and to the devs, but not much when it comes to searching for crew in-game.

These event announcements used to say something like "crew from Voyager" instead. Which wasn't any more use when it comes to searching the cryo vault, but at least it was clear what it meant.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, everything above. You need to manually locate Crew from Voyager for this Event.

We have a Faction Hybrid with almost no Orion's, followed by a Galaxy with a whole series of small bonus Crew.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    Situations like this are why player made resources are so useful. Things like Datacore, the Big Book, and the Wiki, to name the most prominent, are incredibly helpful in doing the data crunching for you and get you prepared for the events. If you're not using them, now is a good time to start.

It's great that players have created so many useful "outside" resources. I use the wiki almost every day.

It's not so great that players were put in a situation that "outside" resources were needed to be created.

I'm not singling out this game. Many games do not have a lot of "in-game" tools that could help with things like "who has the "Voy" Hidden Trait?" or the equivalent missing information in those other games.

MFF is a good example. There are probably close to 300 heroes now. And different Skill rotations make different ones deal DpS better. Someone has put together a great webpage that, among other things, lists the best rotation for each character. Adding that utility into the Skill Demo tab for each character would be nice.

Being able to search by Hidden Traits would enhance the game experience. At least for those of us who do not remember exactly where every character, from a list of over 1000, appears. Especially the "one-shot" characters.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Situations like this are why player made resources are so useful. Things like Datacore, the Big Book, and the Wiki, to name the most prominent, are incredibly helpful in doing the data crunching for you and get you prepared for the events. If you're not using them, now is a good time to start.

It seems silly that some of these hidden traits are still hidden, considering there are both collections and events based on them, specifically referring to the different shows/movies. Given how prominent a role they play in the shows and lore of Star Trek, you'd think "TOS", "TNG", "DS9", "VOY", "TAS", "DIS", "SNW", "LOW", etc... would be traits we could search/filter by.
  • Options
    There's so many things that require keeping a third-party website or note pad open while we play... optimal voyage crews, fleet boss battle nodes, unneeded items that we can use in the replicator, keeping track of what crew we've already got frozen or duplicates of, etc. Continuum is the latest game mode where we have to play it completely blind unless we maintain a separate spreadsheet or keep jumping back and forth to the crew screen to see what Continuum-related slots and equipment we need to factor into our decisions.

I know a lot of it is the age of the game and the fact that the current developers have inherited legacy code from other people, but it is still a little frustrating how much in-game information we have to get from someplace else for the amount of money we pay each month.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not so great that players were put in a situation that "outside" resources were needed to be created.

Is it though? Every game I play has player made walkthroughs, tutorials, and what not. I recently got a Switch and am planning on playing every Zelda game. Let me tell you, there are a TON of player made resources out there for every Zelda game, all the way back to the NES (only way I got through the Second Quest, TBH, and I'm dreading playing Zelda II). I will give you that WRG has a bad habit of making excessively complicated game features but once you get a rhythm of them, you can figure them out on your own.

For example, I can select a voyage crew from scratch that will get me over 12hr. Is it the absolute BEST crew for that voyage? Likely not. But the difference between a 12hr 23min voyage and a 12hr 36min voyage is pretty minor, in the grand scheme. And I've gotten very good at dead eyeing FBB nodes without the CAB FBB Combo Helper tool (and I would still highly recommend using it!). So I don't really see STT as all that different from most other games.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options

Is it though? Every game I play has player made walkthroughs, tutorials, and what not. I recently got a Switch and am planning on playing every Zelda game. Let me tell you, there are a TON of player made resources out there for every Zelda game, all the way back to the NES (only way I got through the Second Quest, TBH, and I'm dreading playing Zelda II). I will give you that WRG has a bad habit of making excessively complicated game features but once you get a rhythm of them, you can figure them out on your own.

For example, I can select a voyage crew from scratch that will get me over 12hr. Is it the absolute BEST crew for that voyage? Likely not. But the difference between a 12hr 23min voyage and a 12hr 36min voyage is pretty minor, in the grand scheme. And I've gotten very good at dead eyeing FBB nodes without the CAB FBB Combo Helper tool (and I would still highly recommend using it!). So I don't really see STT as all that different from most other games.

Kind of interesting. You had to clip both the preceding paragraph where I said having the third party resources is great and the TWO following paragraphs where I not only acknowledged that it is in no way limited to this game, but gave an EXAMPLE of another game? In order to post an essay about the one paragraph you quoted, like I was saying something negative about this game and casting it in a horrible light? Why?

• Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    There are wikis, fan made or official for pretty much everything - film, books, games. Any media
    And even when there are official guides they often are much more helpful. Marvelsnapzone as an example for marvel snap
  • Options
    What exactly is the ‘VOY’ trait? It is listed as one of the traits for small bonus crew in the bedside manner event. I cannot not a single crew with this trait.

I don't mean to be rude but isn't it pretty obvious?
    Would you be asking if it was "TNG" or "DS9"?

I'm still perplexed though why they didn't add a DS9 collection when they had the trill mega
    Webberoni wrote: »

It seems silly that some of these hidden traits are still hidden, considering there are both collections and events based on them, specifically referring to the different shows/movies. Given how prominent a role they play in the shows and lore of Star Trek, you'd think "TOS", "TNG", "DS9", "VOY", "TAS", "DIS", "SNW", "LOW", etc... would be traits we could search/filter by.
    They will when they add collections to them

The only problem I can see there is that TOS, TNG & DS9 are very large collections, TNG a few short of 300
    Lower decks is part of animated which definitely needs a boost
    But I don't need the traits to search my crew. I know where they are from if they are major players
  • Options
    9yn33kc74rtt.jpeg

"Why do you keep saying 'Voy'?"

"That's what I call Voyager to save time."