Home The Bridge

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. A Campaign I might actually skip. Not sure how I feel about one of the Rewards being played by an actor having such MAJOR real life issues.....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Wow. A Campaign I might actually skip. Not sure how I feel about one of the Rewards being played by an actor having such MAJOR real life issues.....

What's this about? Have I missed something?
  • Options

What's this about? Have I missed something?

Whoopi Goldberg was caught on camera on "The View" saying some quite disturbing things about Jewish people.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

Whoopi Goldberg was caught on camera on "The View" saying some quite disturbing things about Jewish people.[/quote]

What did she say, cannot find anything about that here in Norway?
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celebrate?

Neelix is the maitre'D from the gangster nightclub in the Dixon Hill holonovels, he is specifically from the scene First contact where Picard uses the holodeck protocols to kill one of his own crew who has been assimilated, in order to get a neural processor.

Hardly a cause for celebration.
  • Options

Whoopi Goldberg was caught on camera on "The View" saying some quite disturbing things about Jewish people.

[/quote]

https://theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/06/whoopi-goldberg-holocaust-remarks-were-born-of-ignorance-not-racism
    “This is white people doing it to white people, so y’all gonna fight amongst yourselves.” Whoopi Goldberg’s comments on ABC’s The View about the Holocaust being not “about race” but “white on white” violence that exposed “man’s inhumanity to man” has drawn a slew of condemnation. She quickly put out an apology and, quoting Jonathan Greenblatt of the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), who pointed out that “the Holocaust was about the Nazi’s systematic annihilation of the Jewish people – who they deemed to be an inferior race”, she wrote: “I stand corrected.”
  • Options
    edited December 2023

January 2022.

She said the holocaust was not about race, it was "white on white".

Goldberg was criticized when she claimed that “the Holocaust isn’t about race,” but rather about “man’s inhumanity to man,” during a discussion with co-hosts on “The View” in January.

“If you’re going to do this, then let’s be truthful about it,” Goldberg said, before elaborating that “these [Jews and Nazis] are two white groups of people.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/whoopi-goldberg-renews-incendiary-assertion-that-holocaust-wasnt-about-race/

December 2022, she repeated some of her claims, saying that Jews are not a separate race.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/whoopi-goldberg-renews-incendiary-assertion-that-holocaust-wasnt-about-race/
  • Options
    Yes, Pike was from last year. As a 4/5 giveaway I automatically cited him up to 5/5.
    I am now boosting him through continuum missions, ready to be my shared crew for next weeks event.

For me there is no point in wasting money for a second copy.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, I will pass notes regarding Chef Pike and maybe somethings can be changed. Thank You for the feedback, LLAP
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings Captains, We will change Chef Pike as the 5* Feature for the Campaign "Celebrate". Instead we will be adding/replacing it with "Rock'N'Roll Mariner". Thank you for your Feedback LLAP

That is an awesome change! :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, We will change Chef Pike as the 5* Feature for the Campaign "Celebrate". Instead we will be adding/replacing it with "Rock'N'Roll Mariner". Thank you for your Feedback LLAP

Okay. Y'all just sold a Campaign, even with that other Crew.

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

Great move.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

Thank you for making a note acknowledging the issue brought forward, and thank you to “the team” for quickly fixing this oversight.
  • Options
    Really appreciate the change as a result of listening to feedback, thanks very much. I’ll be buying the campaign now too 👍🏻
  • Options
    Thx all for the information around Whoopi. I don't see a big thing in her statement but maybe my English is just too bad to understand.

Wish you all a merry Christmas ☃️
  • Options
    Thx all for the information around Whoopi. I don't see a big thing in her statement but maybe my English is just too bad to understand.

Wish you all a merry Christmas ☃️

Her main talking point seemed to be that the Holocaust was more targeted at what Germany so charitably called "defectives". People with mental illnesses and physical disabilities. And that Hitler did not target Jewish people until "later".

However, Jewish people were scapegoats for Hitler's movement for German Unity at least as early as April 1933. The first official laws addressing the euthanasia of "defectives" were not passed until the War started, apparently.

There is overwhelming evidence that Hitler very much did target Jewish people for discrimination so there was a common "enemy" to rally German unity against long before his eugenics movement was targeted at killing mentally ill persons.

Not in any way saying either was less severe or less evil. Just that her "take" on historical facts, disputed by actual historical facts, upset many people.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, as well!!!!!

🎄🦌🎄
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

Judaism is not a race, but a religion on many levels & a culture. Any peron of colour can be Jewish. If you convert - either way - do you change race?

And seeing as there is so much talk, shouldn't there be some Happy Hanukkah too?
  • Options
    Did the Premium Track ONLY
  • Options

Judaism is not a race, but a religion on many levels & a culture. Any peron of colour can be Jewish. If you convert - either way - do you change race?

And seeing as there is so much talk, shouldn't there be some Happy Hanukkah too?

The persecution of EVERYONE of Hebrew/Jewish decent in Nazi Germany was not about whether they were religious or atheist. The "Juden" were an easy target to scapegoat as the "enemy" because of stereotypes and stigma that dated back to at least the Middle Ages.

The Catholic and Christian churches had prohibitions against lending money. So, anyone who needed a loan could not go to the guy in the next pew. However, their friend Levi down the block could loan money. Over time, this led to a stereotype about Jewish people and the money they loaned out.

That stereotype lasted, and even grew over time. Many people still buy into it and believe it. It is even still used as a joke in sitcoms. At least in the not too distant past.

And, unfortunately, has led to at least one offensive slang phrase for "negotiating" or "haggling".....
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately they have been persecutated since the dawn of time

People are still split on wheter The Merchant of Venice is anti-Semetic or a mockery on Christian values

Your view on Shylock changes after his "Hath not a Jew eyes" speech. He becomes more human than the other characters you are supposed to be rooting for
    Christian/Catholic church have been monsters throughout time killing/converting entire civilizations. And to this day abusing their power & followers

Absolute power & all that, but I'm rambling...