Home The Bridge
Options

No Giveaways for Prime members this month?

Title says it all.
Checking Amazon for days, but no goodies for STT.

Comments

• Options
    You should download the new Google Play client. According to a fleetmate, the welcome pack is.....

25 chronitons. :D
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should download the new Google Play client. According to a fleetmate, the welcome pack is.....

25 chronitons. :D

If you mean the Prime on PC thing, isn't it like 250?

Proof that ten times better still might not be stupendous.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    25 is what he said - incredulously. Maybe someone else can confirm...?
  • Options
    About the Prime on PC thing, does anyone know how to install this game? It's not listed.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I think it's a code you can get from Amazon Prime Gaming - afaik you put that code in the webstore i.e. there's not a Prime client. Something like that...
  • Options
    I think it's a code you can get from Amazon Prime Gaming - afaik you put that code in the webstore i.e. there's not a Prime client. Something like that...

So, open the webstore on the PC.

Thanx.
  • Options

this
  • Options

Done that a dozend time. From webstore, go to Amazon Gaming, there they usually offer a code which you can redeem at the webstore.
    On Amazon Gaming there is STT, but no code to redeem, only for other games.
  • Options
    -:- AZ689 wrote: »

Done that a dozend time. From webstore, go to Amazon Gaming, there they usually offer a code which you can redeem at the webstore.
    On Amazon Gaming there is STT, but no code to redeem, only for other games.

Sorry. We slightly highjacked your thread. We got to discussing the new PC version of the game, from Prime.
  • Options
    no problem
    is it confirmed that the goodies are indead only 25chrons?
  • Options
    Google Play Beta for Windows - the pack is 250 chrons. I gave it a quick spin, and I find the Windows Store version of Timelines to be better, especially since you can launch the game directly. I couldn't see a way to do that with the new GP option.

Amazon Prime giveaways - Looking at Amazon's page, the format and game list has changed substantially in the last month. It wouldn't surprise me if this isn't an option going forward, but communication from @STT Community either way would really be useful.
    Fleet Admiral, eXodus
    Fleet Discord | Fleet Wiki
  • Options
    Google Play Beta for Windows - the pack is 250 chrons. I gave it a quick spin, and I find the Windows Store version of Timelines to be better, especially since you can launch the game directly. I couldn't see a way to do that with the new GP option.

Amazon Prime giveaways - Looking at Amazon's page, the format and game list has changed substantially in the last month. It wouldn't surprise me if this isn't an option going forward, but communication from @STT Community either way would really be useful.

Won't even run on the kneetop.
  • Options

Thanks for clearing that up - fleetmate was obviously mistaken. :)
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

I had this problem. The requirements to run GP itself seem very high, much higher than would be necessary to run Timelines or a lot of other games. Google have messed up there I think.

But at least people have reassured me that I'm not missing out on anything worthwhile in the welcome.pack. I did wonder why they didn't mention the contents in the original message. 250 chrons?!
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »

I had this problem. The requirements to run GP itself seem very high, much higher than would be necessary to run Timelines or a lot of other games. Google have messed up there I think.

But at least people have reassured me that I'm not missing out on anything worthwhile in the welcome.pack. I did wonder why they didn't mention the contents in the original message. 250 chrons?!

It blows my mind that Google Play can run on my Onn tablet, but not the kneetop. I know Wal*Mart ripped me off, but that is very pitiful.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phones and PCs use different hardware. Google Play Games is probably emulating phone hardware on your PC. So you need more powerful hardware to be able to emulate the other hardware.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Phones and PCs use different hardware. Google Play Games is probably emulating phone hardware on your PC. So you need more powerful hardware to be able to emulate the other hardware.

TL:DR, It's voodoo!

That is probably what it is. This little thing Wal*Mart sold me is junky slow anyway. Stacking programs to run programs to run an app probably chokes it up.
  • Options

Intel processors should be able to take advantage. My Nvidia processor bests minimum requirements by a factor of 3 but isn't supported.
    Fleet Admiral - Edmonton Trekkies [ET] | Squadron Leader - 1701'ers
    Join us! We have cheesecake!! | Fleet Central Information
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, posting some updates regarding this matter for visibility. Amazon dropped support for Amazon drops. We know how much you enjoyed the free contents, so we are planning a monthly drop through our webshop. More details to come soon. LLAP & Happy Holidays

Well, that makes Amazon look a little shady, don't it?

Lured people to their platform with in-game bonus items, then stopped when they felt they had enough suckers.....

🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭

Or at least it looks that way.

Kudos to WRG for doing something positive for the players in response!!!!!

🤠👍🤠👍🤠
  • Options

Amazon IS shady, and not only looks like it.

1. Dictating ebook prices to the pubishers.
    2. Driving competitors out of business by extremely low prices, running at a loss for some time, just to increase prices again once the competition is gone.
    3. Ridiculously small payouts through Amazon Smile compared to local businesses, who are generally a lot more generous with donations to charity.
    4. Treating the workforce like garbage, while Bezos has so much money he doesn't even know what to do with it.
    5. They ruined Tolkien's legacy.
    6. And to add my own story, once my payout on the affiliate program exceeded $10,000, they accused me of conspiracy and fraud, and refused to pay out (so I had to drag them to arbritation court - and won.)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings Captains, posting some updates regarding this matter for visibility. Amazon dropped support for Amazon drops. We know how much you enjoyed the free contents, so we are planning a monthly drop through our webshop. More details to come soon. LLAP & Happy Holidays

Lured people to their platform with in-game bonus items, then stopped when they felt they had enough suckers.....

🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭

🤠👍🤠👍🤠

It's called a loss leader. All retail stores do it. Give something away or sell it at a cheap price to get you in the door. Then once you're used to coming, reduce the freebie so you spend more money.

Do you think stores have those crazy good black Friday doorbusters out of the goodness of their hearts? The deals(which are probably all sold out by the time you get there) are to get you inside the store so you then buy everything else.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. Ridiculously small payouts through Amazon Smile compared to local businesses, who are generally a lot more generous with donations to charity.

3b, canceling the pathetically small percentage Smile program because it didn't generate the results they were after.

• Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭

🤠👍🤠👍🤠

It's called a loss leader. All retail stores do it. Give something away or sell it at a cheap price to get you in the door. Then once you're used to coming, reduce the freebie so you spend more money.

Do you think stores have those crazy good black Friday doorbusters out of the goodness of their hearts? The deals(which are probably all sold out by the time you get there) are to get you inside the store so you then buy everything else.

Actually, there is a more common name for your example, that people use.

When they were pushing "sign up for Amazon Gaming and get free in-game content EVERY MONTH", I missed the asterisk after "every month" that referred to fine print explaining that "every" meant "a few".

But, it is what it is. I don't really care. I have no skin in anyone else's integrity.
  • Options

Hopefully, it is like the other space-theme game that starts with "Star". And do monthly (every month) and daily (sometimes) giveaways from their webstore too.
  • Options
    Pumbaa672 wrote: »

Hopefully, it is like the other space-theme game that starts with "Star". And do monthly (every month) and daily (sometimes) giveaways from their webstore too.

We have big plans for the Community starting on January. We will share more details on the first weeks of the year. LLAP