Home The Bridge
Options

Continuum Component Imbalance

13»

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I am abandoning this week's chase for UBQ, my MED card (single skill McCoy) cannot clear the MED node at the start of the 4th chain on Elite and I cannot make him any Quipment.

All I can do is to try and get the rest of the nodes I can and then start to level up cards for next week.

This is just stupid.

You still could spent 50 dilithium on rewards refresh,
    if that would be enough to collect MED items to equip em.

But i totally agree, it is stupid and the 10% Quip nerf is making things
    even harder now.

Agreed 100%, and that is why this is stupid. I am a spender. I fully intended to spend, I WANT to spend. I buy dilithium with cash money so that I can do things like spend on things to make the game more fun.

But that encapsulates perfectly the purpose of this thread because there is no point in spending. Right now I could spend a little and barely make a single Medical Quipment that would allow me to clear the elite chain but then what? I still won't be able to clear the epic chain and there are so few MED components available that I will not earn enough of them to be able to Quip my Medical card in 7 days which will just put me right back in this exact position next week!

MED components are just Sisyphus pushing a boulder up a hill forever, you can work hard, do everything right, and still the boulder tumbles back down the hill. WRG has this entire thing setup to try and "encourage" people to spend and yet their execution has had the opposite effect because I can achieve the same result (failure) by not spending.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    Dereth:
    1696+273
    +340
    +305
    +250 (Uncommon)
    +300+100 (Super Rare)
    =3264 Beats Epic

No Legendary Quipment used. Is it unfair to require Dereth? Yeah but he’s a widely used crew because of FBB.

McCoy:
    2232+127
    +250
    +300+100
    =3009 about a 66% chance of success.

All physicians have access to a special Legendary Quipment which uses up less MED continuum and I believe was also buffed.

While I do have much less MED components, I still have 96 of them. More than enough for several Borg Queens. Not sure what the problem is here.

Edit:
    Captive Bashir
    1112+243
    +550+90
    +600+180
    =2775 Not likely to win

Using specialized lower cost Legendaries. Most 5* Bashir’s will win easily.

Edit2:
    The number of MED components offered this week is a bit light. Also you get more Databases for some reason. Likely poor editing. However you get enough to make both Physician Quipments. You can potentially add 1100+190 to any Physician. Should be more than adequate for Epic. I plan on finishing with Cheesecake because reasons.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2
    I think we need to mention things that we have learned in the past.
    Because of the bottle neck of one of the med components (I think it was research) we found out when we hit a mission that had med nodes, we needed to work on that mission all the way to elite, before we lost the previous weeks quipment. This concern becomes unnecessary if you have enough of the components to build the two standard quipments for Med. (but maybe now you want those builds to happen later in the week so they are available for the next week longer)

Edit: yes thread started with post of less research for all skills then database. Also, that everything we build used the same amount of each. I assume that has not changed. But, I know I have not seen all the new quipment.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3
    I looked at my 3 accounts. They are all low on science research component .
    Next continuum I will have to go through each mission one time(succeeding)
    Determine which missions have science. Complete those missions so I can work to elite. Hopefully completing the science nodes in elite.

Main account:(2nd in refreshes)
    xmxksxkb7o2d.jpeg

2nd account: ( leader in refreshes)
    4ejoki4clj4h.jpeg

3rd account: (one refresh since start of continuum)
    w2mvvn88hmgn.jpeg

I should add . I use Quipment to enhance event specific , as well as, nonspecific event crew.

My 3rd account does not have as many of those crew.
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Dereth:
    1696+273
    +340
    +305
    +250 (Uncommon)
    +300+100 (Super Rare)
    =3264 Beats Epic

No Legendary Quipment used. Is it unfair to require Dereth? Yeah but he’s a widely used crew because of FBB.

McCoy:
    2232+127
    +250
    +300+100

All physicians have access to a special Legendary Quipment which uses up less MED continuum and I believe was also buffed.

While I do have much less MED components, I still have 96 of them. More than enough for several Borg Queens. Not sure what the problem is here.

Edit:
    Captive Bashir
    1112+243
    +550+90
    +600+180
    =2775 Not likely to win

Edit2:
    The number of MED components offered this week is a bit light. Also you get more Databases for some reason. Likely poor editing. However you get enough to make both Physician Quipments. You can potentially add 1100+190 to any Physician. Should be more than adequate for Epic. I plan on finishing with Cheesecake because reasons.

My McCoy fully Quipped gives 4032 base with all Collections completed to give maximum base and roll bonuses
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dereth:
    1696+273
    +340
    +305
    +250 (Uncommon)
    +300+100 (Super Rare)
    =3264 Beats Epic

McCoy:
    2232+127
    +250
    +300+100

Edit:
    Captive Bashir
    1112+243
    +550+90
    +600+180
    =2775 Not likely to win

Edit2:

My McCoy fully Quipped gives 4032 base with all Collections completed to give maximum base and roll bonuses

I wanted to give an overview of what you can do without resorting to using generic Legendary Quipment.

I avoid using the Legendary Quipments. You can burn through a lot of credits making them and I would rather save credits for Retrieval.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dereth:
    1696+273
    +340
    +305
    +250 (Uncommon)
    +300+100 (Super Rare)
    =3264 Beats Epic

McCoy:
    2232+127
    +250
    +300+100

Edit:
    Captive Bashir
    1112+243
    +550+90
    +600+180
    =2775 Not likely to win

Edit2:

I wanted to give an overview of what you can do without resorting to using generic Legendary Quipment.

I avoid using the Legendary Quipments. You can burn through a lot of credits making them and I would rather save credits for Retrieval.

Recommend you have a look at Elizabeth Dehner if you have her immortalised.

n6mqk32ndywx.png
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, The team was notified of the shortage of Med components a couple of weeks ago. Let us investigate on the possible upcoming changes. Thank you, LLAP
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    Dereth:
    1696+273
    +340
    +305
    +250 (Uncommon)
    +300+100 (Super Rare)
    =3264 Beats Epic

McCoy:
    2232+127
    +250
    +300+100

Edit:
    Captive Bashir
    1112+243
    +550+90
    +600+180
    =2775 Not likely to win

Edit2:

Recommend you have a look at Elizabeth Dehner if you have her immortalised.

I was aware of her but she's just one crew of limited utility. Any decent Physician will perform well. I have 9 5* Physicians unthawed right now. I usually just pick one who has the most matching traits for the hardest MED node and use that for the week. Hopefully that one is also strong at gauntlet and/or voyages.

Looks like the harder MED nodes require Starfleet/Vet and Costumed/Engineered. Pretty much a bring out your Bell Bashir. I'll just use King Ridley instead. I don't feel like thawing out anyone.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's continuing to make the imbalance worse is that the two most impacted skills are MED and SCI, and one of the few trait quipment that gives MED gives MED and SCI. But boosting a MED crew with a little SCI doesn't help clear SCI nodes. So instead, players are wasting needed SCI research components in an attempt to save MED research components.

There should be more MED boosts that don't have pointless other skills attached to it. What about a Romantic/Caregiver trait combo? Give it the same 650 (240-300) as Sword of Kahless, but with a MED boost instead.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, just to clarify your requests. Do you believe theirs a Shortage of C-Components or just an Imbalance? Let us know. LLAP
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings Captains, just to clarify your requests. Do you believe theirs a Shortage of C-Components or just an Imbalance? Let us know. LLAP

I’d say it’s both. There’s a shortage of med and sci components and there’s an imbalance of components (between databases and research components). I’m particularly short on science and medicine research components.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

There is an imbalance of more databases vs research across all skills. As others have pointed out, there is no need for both of them to begin with when everything requires equal numbers of both.

Furthermore there is an imbalance with less med and sci research than other skills. There have been weeks where there hasn't even been enough med research to fully quip one crew to complete continuum.

In summary, there is a shortage caused by multiple imbalances.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, we had a meeting yesterday with the team. We're already looking into the design and looking into possibilities to improve the situation of the components imbalance/Shortage. Thank you, LLAP.