Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss OE and Math

Pumbaa672Pumbaa672 ✭✭
edited January 5 in The Bridge
So, is there anyway of completing this OE in 48 hours without buying valor.

If you start out with "4" valor at the beginning of the event (if you have a full valor). Add in "16" more for 1 valor per every 3 hours over the 48 hour event. You get "1" for satisfying 2 combos nodes. And finally add in "3" more for satisfying Attacking 20 times.

+16
+ 1
+ 3
= 24 total valor over the 48 hour event.

You still need 6 more to complete the event.

So (tl:dr), question how to complete this without spending dilithium?

Thanks for reading my rant, your time, and helpful input on this OE.

(Don't get me started on the 10,000 chrons event)

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pumbaa672 wrote: »
    So, is there anyway of completing this OE in 48 hours without buying valor.

If you start out with "4" valor at the beginning of the event (if you have a full valor). Add in "16" more for 1 valor per every 3 hours over the 48 hour event. You get "1" for satisfying 2 combos nodes. And finally add in "3" more for satisfying Attacking 20 times.

+16
    + 1
    + 3
    = 24 total valor over the 48 hour event.

You still need 6 more to complete the event.

So (tl:dr), question how to complete this without spending dilithium?

Thanks for reading my rant, your time, and helpful input on this OE.

(Don't get me started on the 10,000 chrons event)

No.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's basically a complicated "buy Valor, get a bit more free" offer.

Or I suppose if you've hoarded Valor from the times they've dished it out as a freebie you could do it with that.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 15 valor over the course of the event, not 16. If you burn the 4 valor that you have at the start of the event, the 16th will drop in just after you complete it.

If you don't claim the valor, during the event, it will sit in event hub indefinitely. 15 fights and 2 nodes cleared will give 3 valor in the hub.

I have had these rewards waiting to be claimed for three months.

The hub will display at most, 15 events. Realistically 9 or 10 events worth can be stored before they interfere with month long objective events.

If your fleet is still struggling, you can save up valor, then use it in one go to take down the boss. Do that twice to get decent bridge bonuses and future fights will get easier.

y0pcvwmgd42y.jpg
  • Options
    It's 15 valor over the course of the event, not 16. If you burn the 4 valor that you have at the start of the event, the 16th will drop in just after you complete it.

If you don't claim the valor, during the event, it will sit in event hub indefinitely. 15 fights and 2 nodes cleared will give 3 valor in the hub.

The hub will display at most, 15 events. Realistically 9 or 10 events worth can be stored before they interfere with month long objective events.

If your fleet is still struggling, you can save up valor, then use it in one go to take down the boss. Do that twice to get decent bridge bonuses and future fights will get easier.

y0pcvwmgd42y.jpg

Hoarding rewards is bad.
  • Options

y0pcvwmgd42y.jpg

Hoarding rewards is bad.

No. "Hoarding" Rewards because it is the only "free" way to complete OEs like that one is "bad" for WRG. Because they want you to spend Dilithium or cashy folding money to complete the OE.

It's not bad for the player.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    It's an opportunity cost sort of thing. All that time you are hoarding valor just to win a few more valor from this contest means you are giving up all of the rewards from not running fleet battles during that time.

Not all the OE's are worth completing, honestly.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't hoard valor for this OE, it's not worth it. It is worth hanging onto though, for those occasions when your fleet has an off-day and you need a quick 100 million damage to finish off the boss. I normally have a couple of OE's hanging around where I haven't claimed anything other than the merits, 3 or 4 bonus valor can make all the difference in an emergency.
  • Options
    The $5 webstore offer for 40 valor isn’t bad IMO.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if your

The problem is you don't earn valor while you're over the limit. So you need to use all that valor quickly or you're losing 8/day.

And what after you going to spend 40 valor on? I'll max out personal damage with 7-8 valor. Maybe use another one or two for chains. Beyond that, you're sitting there losing valor as you wait. Unless a bunch of people in the fleet all do it so you can kill a bunch of bosses quickly, it's a waste.

And back to the OP. If you buy 40 valor from the webstore, you certainly don't then need the OE rewards of even more valor.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    And if your

The problem is you don't earn valor while you're over the limit. So you need to use all that valor quickly or you're losing 8/day.

And what after you going to spend 40 valor on? I'll max out personal damage with 7-8 valor. Maybe use another one or two for chains. Beyond that, you're sitting there losing valor as you wait. Unless a bunch of people in the fleet all do it so you can kill a bunch of bosses quickly, it's a waste.

And back to the OP. If you buy 40 valor from the webstore, you certainly don't then need the OE rewards of even more valor.

I’ve been known to hoard the valor from the OE for a time when the purchased valor has been used up.

I’m far more curious as to how it takes 7-8 valor to max out personal damage (unless it’s across 3 or more bosses).
  • Options
    With Chain Bonuses, the Arty at Level Ten with Battle Bev, Chief Engineer Rutherford, Chancy Kirk, and Laborer Kirk does more than enough damage for me in three Runs in UNM. Two usually maxes NM, barring a bad RNG yield in one of the Runs.

~30,000,000+ Damage per Run.

YMMV

• Options
    And if your

For an active fleet this is a fun boost. I like solving nodes but miss out on damage doing so. This gives a chance to do it all. I pointed out the offer because some people don’t check the webstore too often and might not know about the pack. I’m not defending the OE rewards. Those are kind of meh for this event IMO.
  • Options
    Said it a hundred times, heres the hundredth and first:

It would be amazing for the game, if the people developing and designing it actually played it.

And im not talking *played* it with infinite hoards of resources.

The problem right now is that the people making decisions are literally looking at spreadsheets of revenue vs staff time and have zero clue what is going on in the game.

I quit spending three years ago. How happy i am, that i did so. Great work WRG, great work. You managed to turn a cash cow into a cash pup, with parvo.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    The Math of this OE is even worse when you consider it at fleet level. The number of bosses you'd have to fight within a 48 hour period for 50 people to have a chance to clear two nodes each (and thus have access to the completion reward) is a lot more than most fleets will be able to manage. And even in a highly active fleet with good coordination, you'd need everybody to deliberately hold off on clearing further nodes after getting their two in, which can't be guaranteed as sometimes your standard damage run crew will hit a trait combo by coincidence.

I think of it as a week off from OEs, to be honest.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    And if your

I’ve been known to hoard the valor from the OE for a time when the purchased valor has been used up.

I’m far more curious as to how it takes 7-8 valor to max out personal damage (unless it’s across 3 or more bosses).

Across multiple bosses.

2-3 for UN
    2 for NM
    2 for BR
    1 for HR (rewards aren't worth the final tier you miss after 1 valor)

My point was, that's what you can use in 1 day. Let's say you're in a super active fleet with a bunch of people online, how much more can you use?

5 for traits on UN(1 per chain)
    Lets say you defeat UN quickly and run a second. So another 5 for chains and 2 for damage.

You're now at 19 valor. Do you have enough people that you're taking out a third UN? Do you have enough people that you churn through HR non-stop.

If you have 11 people all buying the deal, then $5 converted to 30k honor on hard would be great. But short of that I still don't see how you're using 40 valor all dropped at once.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Math of this OE is even worse when you consider it at fleet level. The number of bosses you'd have to fight within a 48 hour period for 50 people to have a chance to clear two nodes each (and thus have access to the completion reward) is a lot more than most fleets will be able to manage. And even in a highly active fleet with good coordination, you'd need everybody to deliberately hold off on clearing further nodes after getting their two in, which can't be guaranteed as sometimes your standard damage run crew will hit a trait combo by coincidence.

That's exactly the point I made when this OE was first announced, that it would be impossible for everybody in a fleet to complete it. There are basically three possible outcomes, None of which are good.
    1) As you detailed, the fleet has to painstakingly coordinate things to ensure as many players as possible gan get the node completion target, which may or may not work out.
    2) You get a really toxic competition between fleet mates to see who can actually achieve the target.
    3) Everybody recognises the impossibility of the situation and gives up on the OE.

It's just one more example of things in this game not being thought through very well.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »

That's exactly the point I made when this OE was first announced, that it would be impossible for everybody in a fleet to complete it. There are basically three possible outcomes, None of which are good.
    1) As you detailed, the fleet has to painstakingly coordinate things to ensure as many players as possible gan get the node completion target, which may or may not work out.
    2) You get a really toxic competition between fleet mates to see who can actually achieve the target.
    3) Everybody recognises the impossibility of the situation and gives up on the OE.

It's just one more example of things in this game not being thought through very well.

What we've had happen is it started as a competition for all the reasons you mentioned, and now it's a struggle to get people to bother with traits because they've refused to address the issue that solving traits hurts the player who does it.

So at least during the oe those players get some of their valor back.

But instead of addressing these issues in FBB that have existed from the start we got gold highlighting of crew no one likes on a buggy feature. Glad to see they have their priorities in order.
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »

The glaring problem with them "encouraging" #2 with the OE is that it is exactly contrary the idea behind the FBB to start with. Fleetmates working together to beat a hard to beat foe.

• Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    And if your

Across multiple bosses.

2-3 for UN
    2 for NM
    2 for BR
    1 for HR (rewards aren't worth the final tier you miss after 1 valor)

My point was, that's what you can use in 1 day. Let's say you're in a super active fleet with a bunch of people online, how much more can you use?

5 for traits on UN(1 per chain)
    Lets say you defeat UN quickly and run a second. So another 5 for chains and 2 for damage.

You're now at 19 valor. Do you have enough people that you're taking out a third UN? Do you have enough people that you churn through HR non-stop.

If you have 11 people all buying the deal, then $5 converted to 30k honor on hard would be great. But short of that I still don't see how you're using 40 valor all dropped at once.

That all makes sense. The key, I suppose, is to hope a bunch of people hit hard constantly.

The other option would be for WRG/TPG to have a cap that isn’t hit via purchases (or no cap at all).
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The math ain't mathing" for these OEs.

My advice: solve 1 node to get your 350 Merits and carry on.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

Only solving one for 350 merits is about the worst ROI possible. It's better to just ignore the event entirely.

Best thing to do, look for a mission where you can solve 2 nodes at once for your one valor. Get that valor back in rewards. Then play FBB as normal. You'll earn a couple extra valor you can use elsewhere. But don't worry about completing the OE because you won't and it's not worth it.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

I agree. If you help solve nodes, anyway, or if you have a good setup and score high, you probably would get a node in two days, anyway. Then play as normal and be happy. The merits are a good reward. If you barely manage to help with normal play and still get low scores, then the reward might not be so great. But if you are in that position, ask and we can help you with your setup. If you have been doing this since the beginning, you have had plenty of opportunity to retrieve crew and should be getting 30 million each time, if kot more.