Home The Bridge
Options

So Fleet Bosses have been given up on?

2024 Roadmap mentions nothing about Fleet Bosses. The original idea was that there would be "seasons" with new bosses, new bridges, and new rewards. And then... nothing happened except an extension of the current bridge levels. This is disappointing.

Comments

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we have been told this before.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the original idea was great. But it would make new players permanently left behind with no hope to catch up. Small fleets are still behind. Imagine how impossible for them if we kept having new seasons. Not to mention that something new would probably break. I'm maxxed out, myself. But I still do it for the honor. I think they know people will still do it if they keep it the same. Which is too bad, but how else can they make it work?
  • Options
    To be honest I’d rather have new features than an add on to an existing part of the game. After all how many more levels would any of the players want? What other rewards would there be for this? I’m maxed out as well, I see it as a great way to accumulate honor for the next sale.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original pitch was a new boss and bridge. With new levels. The appeal was also, that the new boss mixes up the meta and players need to think about new strategies for the best crew for that boss.

That part still appeals to me. But the transition didn't seem thought out well. Both bosses running. Would they share valor or have a new currency. Would the bridge be built with magnasite and bilitrium or would that be new too. How would fleets handle some players needing the old boss and other only wanting the new boss. Would new players ever be able to catch up.

Those issues are all solvable. But given that they never solved the issues with the current boss and players at different levels, I wouldn't have expected much thought for a new boss.
  • Options
    All of your points are great, player and fleet focussed points.

However, FBB rollouts were stopped due to lack of profitability. Thats it, and thats all.

Years and years of “fleets want this” or “players want that” has fallen on deaf ears. And the potential of FBB is eclipsed by the damage done to the biggest $$ generator that Timelines had, HONOR SALES. The honor farming made possible through FBB has forever changed the paths to honor and citations.

They wont expand on it because they aren't making money off of it.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Those issues are all solvable. But given that they never solved the issues with the current boss and players at different levels, I wouldn't have expected much thought for a new boss.

This sounds like the issue. None of these problems anyone has described here are particularly difficult to resolve, but it just seems like they don't want to put the work in. There are thousands of games out there with some type of content not dissimilar in nature that figured it out just fine. Emulate one of those if you don't want to find a unique twist on the formula. Nothing wrong with that.

WRG seems to be taking the Netflix approach, which will ultimately be their undoing here. The Netflix approach is to get some new content and you run it for a brief period of time, iterate on it a little bit (one or two new seasons in Netflix's case, a few new FBB levels in our case) then drop it because "old content on maintains current customers and doesn't bring new ones" and you introduce something new hoping for a fleeting increase in revenue. But what this has done for Netflix is cause their numbers to tank because people stopped trusting them. New show that looks promising? Why would I get invested when it's canned after two seasons? Even when viewership numbers were very favorable, only the top one or two flagship shows were ever given more than a season or two beyond the first.

This is just going to lead to feature bloat. I already don't do Continuum missions because why? I score 4th in Gauntlets instead of 1st now. Big deal. I still get 13 hour voyages without. Continuum missions are just a lot of extra time sink that I don't feel like participating in. More feature bloat will just be me continuing to ignore the new thing. Iterate on what you've got first and then you can put in new game modes and features periodically instead of regularly.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    I'm maxxed out, myself. But I still do it for the honor.

So I just got to level 30. I see the 3* Premium Time Portal in the Rewards. I'm guessing that's the honor being discussed in this thread. My question is what is the "Get 1x Premium Pack" "0/2" on the right side under Bonuses. Can someone shed some light on what that has?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm maxxed out, myself. But I still do it for the honor.

So I just got to level 30. I see the 3* Premium Time Portal in the Rewards. I'm guessing that's the honor being discussed in this thread. My question is what is the "Get 1x Premium Pack" "0/2" on the right side under Bonuses. Can someone shed some light on what that has?

What you see at level 30 is the endless churn for a 1x portal pull.

But the honor people mean is what you get from battle rewards. Look at the honor you get for your individual damage for the bosses. Attacking bosses to earn that honor is one of the best ways to earn honor in the game.

This