0vdv24kpddj7.png

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many chrons?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had that before. Often. It bites. Not particularly good for encouraging us to spend for better crew. Hopefully you still got enough chronitons.

Yout time is great almost 13 hours. That is good.
  • Options
    @Captain Calvin thanks for your modesty and leaving more purples for the rest of us.

vo7dfw7fg35a.jpg
  • Options
    How many chrons?

600 range
  • Options
    Captain CalvinCaptain Calvin ✭✭✭
    edited February 11
    I've had that before. Often. It bites. Not particularly good for encouraging us to spend for better crew. Hopefully you still got enough chronitons.

Yout time is great almost 13 hours. That is good.

This, never seeing a voyage beGold yet, and nothing in recent memory from the Gauntlet (crew beGold), are the reasons I haven't spent anything in over a year.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11
    I've had my share of voyages like that one, no crew better than a green and no other rewards worth bothering with. It **tsk tsk**, but then the game hopefully makes up for it on a later one. RNG giveth, and RNG taketh away.
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    I've had my share of voyages like that one, no crew better than a green and no other rewards worth bothering with. It **tsk tsk**, but then the game hopefully makes up for it on a later one. RNG giveth, and RNG taketh away.

RNG has not been kind to me recently. I suppose I need to sacrifice a few more Wesleys.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Airlocking a few Neelixes helps too.
  • Options
    Show us where on the doll that RNG hurt you
  • Options
    RNG is pretty ridiculous for both gauntlet and voyage drops IMHO.
  • Options
    I got today my first Voyage exclusive legendary crew (chose Chakotay). Until that, I felt like a windmill grinding grain on an atmosphere-less planet.
  • Options
    5gkzrla3v6js.png
    just got Fanboy Boimler after my refresh at 7:37 or so. just a random drop.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, what would be more appealing as a reward for voyages? What items don't seem appealing and which actually are? Thank you in advance, LLAP
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh, oooooh! I had one of these two days ago!

tao5r7ggiyyy.jpg
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I shouldn't mention here that I got a SR at the four hour mark of a recent voyage…

unhg0uzj6564.png

oops...
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, what would be more appealing as a reward for voyages? What items don't seem appealing and which actually are? Thank you in advance, LLAP

All rewards have some appeal at some stage in the game. In the beginning, I was always lacking components, trainers, later credits and replicator rations. Now I need none of them at all.

With almost all voyages at 14 hours now, I'm even drowning in chrons.

Some more diversification of the "lower" rewards would therefore be good. Keep the current reward types for lower level players, but add some incentive for level 99 players. For example a few Q-bits, an occasional valor, or small amounts of quantum.
  • Options
    A few terrible voyages are to be expected, sometimes many in a row happen. You just have to take into consideration how this game is played over a very long term (years and more years!), and if you can do 365 voyages per year, even if you only get a super-rare every other voyage or so, that's still a LOT of extra cards and/or honor over a year's time.

Do I want more rewards? Heck yeah! But I also remember how the game was before voyages, and it is way better now than it used to be.
  • Options
    I agree 100% with Avi and the others about how the odds are aggravating - this isn't fun and really should have points in the game where there's a guarantee. If that is a no go, then I suggest at least do beholds on all 4*/5* voyage cards as the standard and add in a dilithum for reroll for voyage and gauntlet beholds.
  • Options
    I think being able to have 2 voyages going will help with the odds as they are now, but I too would like to see the percentage of getting the exclusives increased.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21
    There is a perfectly sensible way to even out the vagaries of RNG and it's already used within the game for constellation drops from scanning, the "pity bar" where your odds for next time go up a little if you didn't get the thing this time. You wouldn't necessarily need to have it as a visible statistic anywhere, and you could have it accumulate a lot more slowly than the scanning one does, but if players knew that their chances that didn't come good were building towards something eventually, they would find the bad RNG days easier to cope with.

Could equally well apply to the gauntlet too.

Tangentially, I went on two max length voyages recently and got my first ever voyage exclusive gold behold from the second one (took Chapel, already had a solitary Black from the pre-behold times). I did a back of the envelope calculation based on the assumption that the odds of a behold are 1% on the old 100 honor/75 chrons dilemma and 2% on the new ones, and came up with odds of getting one or more begold on any given voyage that sees all of the eligible dilemmas about the same as rolling a 6 on a standard die.
  • Options
    Those odds are just my point. If you pay (or massively save) to take a max length voyage and get every dilemma, you only have a 1 in 6 chance of a single gold behold. I totally understand making it limited. But it is improbable to the point of why bother? Why pay to extend when it is not going to happen? Why have many different gold choices when you will only get 1 a year, if you are lucky?

I understand that bad voyages happen. Frankly, good ones happen too. I don't doubt the odds are honest. They are just horrible.
  • Options
    There is a perfectly sensible way to even out the vagaries of RNG and it's already used within the game for constellation drops from scanning, the "pity bar" where your odds for next time go up a little if you didn't get the thing this time. You wouldn't necessarily need to have it as a visible statistic anywhere, and you could have it accumulate a lot more slowly than the scanning one does, but if players knew that their chances that didn't come good were building towards something eventually, they would find the bad RNG days easier to cope with.

Could equally well apply to the gauntlet too.

Tangentially, I went on two max length voyages recently and got my first ever voyage exclusive gold behold from the second one (took Chapel, already had a solitary Black from the pre-behold times). I did a back of the envelope calculation based on the assumption that the odds of a behold are 1% on the old 100 honor/75 chrons dilemma and 2% on the new ones, and came up with odds of getting one or more begold on any given voyage that sees all of the eligible dilemmas about the same as rolling a 6 on a standard die.

That's a suggestion we could probably pass to the team.
    We were thinking also, would more credits on voyages be a worthy reward? We ask due to past discussion regarding a credit shortage, Let us know. LLAP
  • Options
    I could use credits, personally. I have 640+ immortalized, but still have lots more I need to develop. As long as they do not lower the other drops we are already getting, I think a credit bump would be welcomed by many in my shoes.
  • Options
    The issue we have in answering the question is that it doesn't include a proper context. Do you mean would credits be a good replacement for rations? If so, how many. Credits are useful to some players, but (beyond the fact that it is still filler rather than crew) how much are we talking about? For some reason, whenever credits are given as rewards, they are given in pathetic low doses. Not that I care that much. I have an abundance. But at least they are reasonably useful. But amount matters. Any amount is better than rations. But in order to be better than (or as good as) the 4* crew the filler is currently replacing, the amount needs to be high. Very high. On the other hand, if you are simply asking about increasing credit drops in voyages to be nice, than we would all like that. You could double the value of the current drops and not break the game. But payers would appreciate it.
  • Options
    I bet it has been mentioned before, but maybe a behold type offering for rewards so we can choose what we want - credits, trainers, merits, whatever.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Credits, chrons and dil.... oh my....