Home The Bridge
Options

4 Faction Events in a row

According to "the Big Book" the event planned for Feb 22 "Starcrossed" is another Faction event.
That makes it 3 straight Faction events in a row and if you count the Feb. 1 Faction / Galaxy event it"s even 4 in a row.
Now I don"t mind the occasional duplicate event, but this is a bit much.
Please change the type to something else

Comments

• Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    lots of winning faction chrons!

And I certainly won't participate in this week's rerun
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you litermean not participate, or not go for rank? Because my current intention to to not go for rank, but with some reasonable timing and the quick start, there is no reason not to get the thresholds without using any extras. I missed the first day and bits of the second because I was up in Navajo Country without a connection. I used one shuttle token and four 3* time reducers (aside from the very late quick start) and I am on track to hit thresholds. Even if you have no desire for the ranks, I recommend doing the missions without any extra shuttles or undue boosts to get some of the rewards. Plus, if you even do a little, you will help your squad leader. Totally worth it.

If you are trying to make a point to the company, not playing won't be noticed. Only not spending is noticed, and even then they sometimes don't seem to care unless a significant number similarly protest.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains! We've heard you and we are going to meet the team this Wednesday to discuss possible alternative for the upcoming months. LLAP
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concur. I would not solicit feedback here if you want any meaningful or helpful player feedback. There are so few players left posting here, and their opinions are at best… goofy.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Greetings Captains! We've heard you and we are going to meet the team this Wednesday to discuss possible alternative for the upcoming months. LLAP

Please remember that some of us like faction events. It lets us play in short bursts instead of needing long sessions. After all this is a mobile game.

The forums have never been a representative sample, and are certainly not with the reduced participation.

I think there is often a problem with multiple events of the same time running back to back. I’m not a fan of it when it happens for any event type (this hasn’t happened with skirmishes, so I can’t vouch for that one).

That said, my understanding is that the 4th event (after the rerun) is a galaxy/skirmish. I hope that’s the exact order of the phases.
  • Options

Do you litermean not participate, or not go for rank? Because my current intention to to not go for rank, but with some reasonable timing and the quick start, there is no reason not to get the thresholds without using any extras. I missed the first day and bits of the second because I was up in Navajo Country without a connection. I used one shuttle token and four 3* time reducers (aside from the very late quick start) and I am on track to hit thresholds. Even if you have no desire for the ranks, I recommend doing the missions without any extra shuttles or undue boosts to get some of the rewards. Plus, if you even do a little, you will help your squad leader. Totally worth it.

If you are trying to make a point to the company, not playing won't be noticed. Only not spending is noticed, and even then they sometimes don't seem to care unless a significant number similarly protest.

I;ll play shuttles, but with no aim of reaching the threshold goal. Not wasting timeboosts or anything

plus I don't want a useless crew hogging up space
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Please remember that some of us like faction events. It lets us play in short bursts instead of needing long sessions. After all this is a mobile game.

The forums have never been a representative sample, and are certainly not with the reduced participation.

[sarcasm] Oh no, they are running 4 straight events that do not require a huge time commitment or resource expenditure, what ever shall we do?! [/sarcasm] I'm with you on this 100%, the ONLY bad thing about Faction events is they make squad leaders wait until the event starts to share the crew, some of us work nights and want to go to bed! Running 4 in a row is a BLESSING, we should be thanking them, not complaining!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14
    Bylo Band wrote: »

[sarcasm] Oh no, they are running 4 straight events that do not require a huge time commitment or resource expenditure, what ever shall we do?! [/sarcasm] I'm with you on this 100%, the ONLY bad thing about Faction events is they make squad leaders wait until the event starts to share the crew, some of us work nights and want to go to bed! Running 4 in a row is a BLESSING, we should be thanking them, not complaining!

Mmhhh let‘s see…..ranking Top 750 in a Galaxy usually requires only 2 straight hours of tapping(with an average of 400k VP) and in addition u get „free“ community rewards.

For Skirmishes to rank Top 750 it‘s like a total of max 4hs tapping( 400-450k VP an hour), but u get back extra rewards like chrons, credits, honor and stuff.

For Factions u need to collect ur shuttles every 1,5hs and using time boosts and tokens to ensure Top 750, yet u don t get any community rewards or other stuff, but have to use ressources(tokens+time boost and some even dilithium) and u need to play like „24/7“ over all 4 days.

So yes, Factions are really the „best“ event possible. 😉
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I see you changed it to skirmish / galaxy. Thank you very much, highly apreciated.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Mmhhh let‘s see…..ranking Top 750 in a Galaxy usually requires only 2 straight hours of tapping(with an average of 400k VP) and in addition u get „free“ community rewards.

For Skirmishes to rank Top 750 it‘s like a total of max 4hs tapping( 400-450k VP an hour), but u get back extra rewards like chrons, credits, honor and stuff.

For Factions u need to collect ur shuttles every 1,5hs and using time boosts and tokens to ensure Top 750, yet u don t get any community rewards or other stuff, but have to use ressources(tokens+time boost and some even dilithium) and u need to play like „24/7“ over all 4 days.

You summed it up better than I ever could. Bravo.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see you changed it to skirmish / galaxy. Thank you very much, highly apreciated.

Galaxy/skirmish. But yes, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

So your rebuttal is thousands of players worldwide should be happy they have a more costly experience to benefit the 750 people who will do whatever they need to do to be top 750 finishers no matter what the event format is?
  • Options

I don't know how you're playing, or what tool you might be using to help with that tapping, but I certainly need to spend a lot more than 2 hours on a galaxy event to rank. And I'm probably spending more than 4 hours on a skirmish too.

Even if those numbers were true, playing for 30 seconds every 90 or 120 min is way less disruptive than needing to dedicate hours to sitting and playing. I hate when I sit there on Sunday and think, there are 5 things I should be doing, but instead I need to find some TV show I don't care about watching so I can sit on the couch and mindless click to play a skirmish slot machine.

People who cash in their rewards as they go instead of saving after phase 1 ends
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    Factions are the 'best' if you haven't used up all your boost resources in the first one. Maybe if you have huge stockpiles, 4 in a row is the 'best' option. But for folks who have to use everything they have just to have a shot at the top 1500, having another one before they've had a chance to re-accumulate resources is very frustrating.

Yes, it is more hands-off. But if there are any ambitions of ranking, that is not an ideal situation for many of us.
  • Options
    Andrew wrote: »
    Factions are the 'best' if you haven't used up all your boost resources in the first one. Maybe if you have huge stockpiles, 4 in a row is the 'best' option. But for folks who have to use everything they have just to have a shot at the top 1500, having another one before they've had a chance to re-accumulate resources is very frustrating.

Yes, it is more hands-off. But if there are any ambitions of ranking, that is not an ideal situation for many of us.

I had to buy two of the offers just to be sure I can come in under 1,500. Even then I’m not sure that’s enough. Would be nice if the campaign rewards included more shuttle tokens.