Home Engineering Room
Options

Impossible Boss Battles node solution

g78zoyvpkdh6.jpg
Virtuoso Doctor should not have been a possible solution in this case. There are only two crew in the game with that combination of traits, and Rock 'n' Roll Mariner isn't in the portal. Obviously we solved this one anyway so it's not a problem for us *now*, but we need to know if this was a bug, or if this is intended to happen as a change to the previously advertised behaviour?

If this is how it's meant to work going forwards, where node selection can include crew not in the portal, we need to be told. Datacore and other 3rd party tools will need to be recorded accordingly. If it's not intended behaviour and just a bug, please fix it.

Comments

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disregard this issue. I've now realised that we had the misfortune to be trying to solve a chain when a stealth portal update went out. Rock 'n' Roll Mariner was in the portal, but nobody knew about it because there has been no announcement

So, not a bug. Just the usual awful lack of communication from WRG.
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Non-portal crew could always satisfy a node... as long as they were not the sole solution to the node. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you are showing us here. I have seen virtuoso doctor satisfy nodes many times.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    Wrong. Non-portal crew could always satisfy a node, but there always had to be at least two in-portal crew with that combination of traits.

And yes, Virtuoso Doctor can be used to satisfy many nodes. Nothing wrong with that. Just not for that combination of traits before today.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »
    Non-portal crew could always satisfy a node... as long as they were not the sole solution to the node. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you are showing us here. I have seen virtuoso doctor satisfy nodes many times.

Clarity, the combos must have at least two, in portal available options to solve the node. That was the directive advertised.
    This particular combo did not have an in portal avail trait duplicate 10 hours ago. non portal crew can solve a node combo yes, there must be (two portal available crew) for each node.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Disregard this issue. I've now realised that we had the misfortune to be trying to solve a chain when a stealth portal update went out. Rock 'n' Roll Mariner was in the portal, but nobody knew about it because there has been no announcement

Thank you for the info. Good to know.
  • Options

Greetings captain, an Update went live by accident when our Comms team was offline. That's the reason you haven't seen a Portal Update announcement. LLAP
  • Options
    g78zoyvpkdh6.jpg
    Virtuoso Doctor should not have been a possible solution in this case. There are only two crew in the game with that combination of traits, and Rock 'n' Roll Mariner isn't in the portal. Obviously we solved this one anyway so it's not a problem for us *now*, but we need to know if this was a bug, or if this is intended to happen as a change to the previously advertised behaviour?

If this is how it's meant to work going forwards, where node selection can include crew not in the portal, we need to be told. Datacore and other 3rd party tools will need to be recorded accordingly. If it's not intended behaviour and just a bug, please fix it.

Rock 'n' Roll Mariner is available in the portal and Crew Retrieval
  • Options
    g78zoyvpkdh6.jpg

Rock 'n' Roll Mariner is available in the portal and Crew Retrieval

Why did you post this? Did you read any of the rest of this thread, or even just my second post where I acknowledged exactly that point? What do you think you are contributing to the discussion at this point? And who could possibly think that your post was worth an awesome, they obviously can't read either?