Home The Bridge

Comments

• Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    having it galaxy first doesn't make sense IMO

You won't have the event crew needed ready - in this case Homesteader Chakotay - for Galaxy whereas before you would have the 3 free copies & fully equipped most likely

I can also see a lot of people just not bothering with galaxy & just doing Skirmish so community rewards?

Hope this is a one off
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    having it galaxy first doesn't make sense IMO

You won't have the event crew needed ready - in this case Homesteader Chakotay - for Galaxy whereas before you would have the 3 free copies & fully equipped most likely

I can also see a lot of people just not bothering with galaxy & just doing Skirmish so community rewards?

Hope this is a one off

Not sure I agree with this. We've definitely had skirmish/galaxy events in the past where we haven't hit the full community rewards, because everybody put in all the effort in phase 1 and coated through phase 2. I think that's less likely to happen with this one, I think people will compete in phase 1 just because they don't know how the skirmish will pan out. I could be wrong though, feel free to say "I told you so" on Saturday evening if we miss out.

As for the event crew, it's no worse than a regular galaxy event. You'll have the 3 copies after a couple of hours play.
  • Options
    that's not the point. In a regular skirm/galaxy you would have the crew straight away ready for galaxy

so comparing a hybrid to a single galaxy does not compute
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's not the point. In a regular skirm/galaxy you would have the crew straight away ready for galaxy

so comparing a hybrid to a single galaxy does not compute

In a full galaxy people manage to level the crew mid-event, so they can in a hybrid too.

There are two major issues with skirmish first.

1) People will play the skirmish and finish threshold. Then they'll skip the second half and we won't get the community rewards.

2) VP in skirmish are much higher than galaxy. If you put skirmish first then anyone with the time to play Thur/Fri jumps out to such a lead that there is no point in competing in the galaxy half. If skirmish is second then you put the high VP at the end and you get people competing through to the end of the event.
  • Options
    edited February 15
    Skirmish basically serves 2 functions:
    Level up your crew
    Farming -specifically for galaxy

So this way will definitely cost you more chrons if you haven't banked up fully as you will be going in missions to get the needed resources that could have been provided during skirmish
  • Options
    Level up your crew

So this way will definitely cost you more chrons if you haven't banked up fully as you will be going in missions to get the needed resources that could have been provided during skirmish

Most (but not all) of the resources you need for a galaxy event can't be got by farming space missions. So there's no point farming them during a skirmish, you won't get any intel for them anyway. The only benefit of farming them during a skirmish is that you may as well grab them while you have a supply kit open, but if that's the case you can farm them just as easily during the galaxy phase itself.
  • Options

None of which is relevant to galaxy events. Just saying.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level up your crew

Its an event. Its different from previous events. There's a hoop to jump through. You'll need to use a different set of skills to jump through that hoop.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Am I remembering right from previous Skirmish-second hybrids that when the phase change happens we're going to discover that we've been accumulating intel all along?
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24
    Am I remembering right from previous Skirmish-second hybrids that when the phase change happens we're going to discover that we've been accumulating intel all along?

Yes, about enough to hit old rewards, 130k VP.

I see we are below 900M VP for community rewards with 5 hours 6 hours to go.
    I guess players will be handing in rare rewards.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭

If you get the chance to pass on to the team, this entire idea- focusing on the early-season Voyager storylines and characters as part of the Voyager event- is really a wonderful idea, and so much fun for me as a major fan of that era of the show; thank you for this very unique theme idea! It's fun ideas like this that make Timelines my favorite!