Home Engineering Room
Options

Mobile version of forum no longer working

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
This forum used to have a mobile version that would detect it being loaded on a mobile browser and adjust to be usable. That seems to have stopped. Now I only get the following and need to force the desktop version which is much more annoying to use/read on a phone

l7fb0218vw14.png

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was just me. I restarted and logged out and in. I just have been not coming to the forums as much. I hope they fix it.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, we will investigate this matter and get back to you once we have more news. Thank you, LLAP
  • Options
    Me too. Mobile forums is awfully broken. I'm using the current Samsung browser on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add that I'm on a Pixel 8 with the latest Chrome. But it sounds like the issue is happening for multiple phones
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seconded. Almost unusable on mobile now. Usually a refresh fixes it when it pops up in the wrong format, but not this time. Been about a week.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    This has happened before a few times. But it always seemed to last 24 or less hours. Its been 3 days. It is horrible un-usable. Im surprised I found this thread to leave a comment. I hope it gets fixed soom.
  • Options
    I don't know what happened between an hour ago and now, but ot is partly back to normal.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same on iOS
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Nice!! Its working. 😁👍🏻
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not for me... chrome on android...
  • Options
    The main screen was fixed, then several hours later the inside. This morning it is broken again.
  • Options
    It worked normally a couple jours ago, but is broken again.
  • Options
    Shaka, When the Walls Fell
  • Options
    Any Captain still experiencing issues? we are Checking if everything is good with the mobile version of our Forum atm. LLAP
  • Options
    Any Captain still experiencing issues? we are Checking if everything is good with the mobile version of our Forum atm. LLAP

Still not working correctly.
  • Options
    It was alright last night. Broken again this morning.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It had worked briefly yesterday. But is broken again now.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still broken.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    edited February 22
    @STT Community

Broken again
    Edit: i tried different devices. Several all IOS. Interesting to note that if I was not “signed in” it was working fine. However that is a read only situation. As soon as I logged in, mobile format stopped working. Additionally I have had to log in several times in the last week. Which is possibly why it seems to be working, then not working multiple times.
  • Options
    It is working now, but it has been on and off for the past day.
  • Options
    Broken again
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited February 24
    Currently it's partly working. Forum's start page is still completely broken, subforums are working, and in thread view only favorites are broken. At least it's now bearable enough to find a thread and read them.

Edit:
    After a second time of logging in and out forum's start page is working again too. But the favorites in thread view are still broken.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited February 24
    Now completely broken again.

Edit:
    Logged out is everything normal. Logging out and in solved again this issue. I don't know what's causing the need for this excessive logging in and out orgy. But it must be a logging issue.

Edit 2:
    Leaving the forums to another website causes the problems to return. Logging in and out helps only for the time I'm staying at the forums. When I leave to another website and return, problems are back.
  • Options
    Still broken.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still broken.
  • Options
    It is currently working. Not sure for how long.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited February 28
    It is currently working. Not sure for how long.
    Dito.

I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.