Does Pahvan Exist?

edited March 20 in The Bridge
Has anyone pulled The Pahvan?

15x packs = 9x invader 3x Anastasia, 2x Dejarin 1x Adult

Now spent 26k dilithium and all 4x 5* were Adult does Palvan exist @WRG Ben

5drexau7m64s.jpg

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. People have pulled him. He's FTM'd and there are pictures of him immortalized floating around.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    Yes. People have pulled him. He's FTM'd and there are pictures of him immortalized floating around.

Thanks can someone post a picture of him as their avatar
  • ChochmaChochma ✭✭
    I did 20 pulls for 650 dil (including 3 packs, which I bought) and I didn't get the Pahvan. Maybe it's only available by pullls for 6500 dil.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chochma wrote: »
    I did 20 pulls for 650 dil (including 3 packs, which I bought) and I didn't get the Pahvan. Maybe it's only available by pullls for 6500 dil.

At 20 pulls you have a 50-50 chance of getting a particular Legendary.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Ivanstone wrote: »

I did 4x6500 pulls
  • Ivanstone wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I did 4x6500 pulls

You have roughly a 6% chance of not getting a particular legendary.

The best way to not be disappointed by a Tuesday pull is to not do them.

No one yet has uploaded a picture of the character as their avatar, or 1st to max @WRG Ben
  • ys4454se8fgw.png
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got them after four pulls. So they are in there.

gbyr25vlwgpa.png
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quark has rigged the pulls for these Tuesday's packs.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21
    I got the Pahvan. Got a 6500 and didn’t get it then got it in a 650 pull right after. Weird thing is with that silly gold filter it turns green.

wv2vhaoez2ds.png

b8nivc4zmw1c.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • I got the Pahvan. Got a 6500 and didn’t get it then got it in a 650 pull right after. Weird thing is with that silly gold filter it turns green.

wv2vhaoez2ds.png

b8nivc4zmw1c.jpeg

Uh, that looks funky. We will check! LLAP
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the Pahvan. Got a 6500 and didn’t get it then got it in a 650 pull right after. Weird thing is with that silly gold filter it turns green.

wv2vhaoez2ds.png

b8nivc4zmw1c.jpeg

Green is the new blue
  • AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    edited March 21
    I did 13 pulls and never once got a legendary, much less the Pahvan. I ran out of dilithium because I was trying for the Xindi insectoid the other weeks and did something like 23 pulls without a legendary.

These packs are... quite frustratingly-weighted.

If Quark were here, you'd think he'd remind them that you have to let the customer win once in a while so that they come back to the gambling table. They lose too many times in a row, and they just swear off gambling.
  • edited March 22
    Has anyone pulled The Pahvan?

15x packs = 9x invader 3x Anastasia, 2x Dejarin 1x Adult

Now spent 26k dilithium and all 4x 5* were Adult does Palvan exist @WRG Ben

5drexau7m64s.jpg

12k more dilithium on 650 dilithium packs and eventually got Pahvan #madness

v8abm7zqhgqn.jpg
  • Really harsh odds. The 6500 dilithium option should guarantee the new legendary.
    edited March 22
    Andrew wrote: »
    I did 13 pulls and never once got a legendary, much less the Pahvan. I ran out of dilithium because I was trying for the Xindi insectoid the other weeks and did something like 23 pulls without a legendary.

These packs are... quite frustratingly-weighted.

Why are you gambling on something you can retrieve? The amount of dilithium spent would be better used on:
    Daily Quantum
    Saturday Cadets for credits
    Speeding Voyage Returns for more credits, Chrons and honour
    Etc

The odds are posted. You have a 10% chance of getting a Legendary. A 3.3% chance of getting a particular legendary in a pick three. Those are poor odds. If you don’t care about money, go ahead and set it on fire. For everyone else I would suggest you wait until you can retrieve it.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friends don't let friends buy Tuesday packs.

The odds of the new 5* are terrible. Unless you're prepared to buy 60+ packs don't expect to get the card. And even then, it's still a gamble.

It takes 20 packs just to have a 50/50 chance of getting the crew you want.

If there are multiple crew(especially 4*) in the pack you need, then it can be worth considering. But chasing a single 5* is going to lead to disappointment.
    edited March 23
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Friends don't let friends buy Tuesday packs.

If there are multiple crew(especially 4*) in the pack you need, then it can be worth considering. But chasing a single 5* is going to lead to disappointment.

A couple weeks ago I did some pulls to get a Bella Oxmyx. 4 pulls and got two Belas, 1 Jojo and 1 whatever it was that I already had.

Difference here is you have a 30% chance of getting a particular 4* so the odds aren’t bad. Also getting new 4*s can be problematic. I’m personally unwilling to retrieve them and there’s no honour sale equivalent to them for beholds and citations. I typically only get 1 or 2 new ones a month so spending some DIL to speed things up can’t hurt.

Once in awhile you get a 5* dropped in your lap. Nice but it’s not something you should expect.
  • Id also just recommend looking at the writing on the wall. The downsized crew running this game are also spending time running another one.

Its not a great idea to look at spending on this game as anything more than putting a dollar into a jukebox.
  • AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    Why are you gambling on something you can retrieve? The amount of dilithium spent would be better used on:
    Daily Quantum
    Etc

The odds are posted. You have a 10% chance of getting a Legendary. A 3.3% chance of getting a particular legendary in a pick three. Those are poor odds. If you don’t care about money, go ahead and set it on fire. For everyone else I would suggest you wait until you can retrieve it.

Because I have several dozen retrieval targets and it would be nice to eliminate one of them without having to use up a retrieval?

That said, 10% I'm okay with. IF that was actually true, I'd be down for that. But I've bought 20, 24 packs without getting a single legendary. The odds don't seem to actually be accurate to the results garnered.
  • I wouldn’t mind retrieving these crew but that isn’t an option for what, 6 months to a year later?
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily Quantum
    Etc

Because I have several dozen retrieval targets and it would be nice to eliminate one of them without having to use up a retrieval?

That said, 10% I'm okay with. IF that was actually true, I'd be down for that. But I've bought 20, 24 packs without getting a single legendary. The odds don't seem to actually be accurate to the results garnered.

I’ve always thought the RNG can be very sticky. A lot of times it isn’t in your favor, but when it is, it’s a lot of fun.
    edited March 25
    Daily Quantum
    Etc

The odds are posted. This is a legal requirement in some areas of the world. They could be lying about the odds although the player base figured them out a long before they were posted.

Just because you missed something you really wanted doesn't mean the game is broken or cheating. I did two event pulls to get my 4th Nausicaan Thug. My first pull got me a Kodrak. Does this mean that the game cheated and give me a 50% drop chance on a Legendary?

Players are frequently very bad at statistics. I see a 10% chance and think that's barely acceptable for an event pack nevermind a Tuesday pack. So I choose to spend my money on things with defined odds. Like retrieval or campaigns. Quite frankly I don't think your average 10 pack is worth it until they start giving more honour for them. I too have several dozen retrieval targets. I'm not going to dilute my odds by wasting dilithium. Those 20 packs won't even give you enough honour to get a citation.

If I was going to set 13k Dilithium on fire like you did, I'd spend 1800 on Saturday cadets for 48 extra tickets and get 20M credits. Buy additional Quantum at 200 DIL each (already buying the 90 DIL). That would get me an extra retrieval every 4.5 days. Alternatively instead of buying DIL you could buy the Quantum deal instead.

Alternatively, you could look at the faction store. For example, there's a Duelist Torres up for sale for 5000 DIL. Sounds steep for a trash character? She's still part of 4 collections and pops up quite a lot for node solving in FBB. I just retrieved 3 copies of her over the past month.
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    I think the real issue here is that a player has a run of bad luck and starts to think there might have been a mistake in setting up the pack ... and that's not actually unreasonable because that has happened multiple times in the past.

We can discuss probability until we're as blue in the face as Mr Mot (and it is certainly often counter-intuitive - eg the odds of Andrew's 24 packs in a row with no gold is 8%, certainly unlucky but not suspiciously so), it won't magically restore people's trust on things like this.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily Quantum
    Etc

Assuming 10% chance(which has never been confirmed), the odds of 20 packs without a 5* are 12%. Low, but not impossible.

And I'll note they have posted the generic odds of 4* and 5* dropping in packs, but they have never posted the odds of the featured crew drops. The assumption has been 90% 4* and 10* 5*. But nothing in game ever acknowledges that.
  • Carini [ST]Carini [ST] ✭✭✭
    10k someodd dil, picked up one copy of young, gave up. These odds on high demand new golds in Tuesday packs sure seem sketchy at best. Sure you get 1 gold on average per 10 10x pulls 1/100 so it meets the drop rates for A gold. But the high demand new golds seems to be.... Much more elusive than the existing golds.

Just my experience, please don't respond, I don't check forums often.