Home The Bridge
Options

Krayton May arena reward

With the growing number of legendary ships that are getting more and more difficult to immortalize, and Krayton schematics readily available on the dabo wheel all the time, I'm wondering whether it makes such a lot of sense to offer Krayton schematics in the arena. Almost no-one needs them any more. Could you please consider replacing them with something more attractive @STT Community ?

Comments

• Options
    With the growing number of legendary ships that are getting more and more difficult to immortalize, and Krayton schematics readily available on the dabo wheel all the time, I'm wondering whether it makes such a lot of sense to offer Krayton schematics in the arena. Almost no-one needs them any more. Could you please consider replacing them with something more attractive @STT Community ?

Greetings Captain, What would you suggest as a more attractive option?
  • Options
    The Artifact
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25

Off the top of my head, any of these would be better.

Jem'hadar Flagship. It's an old ship (assuming that makes it a suitable replacement for the Krayton) but it's never been available in the arena or dabo so there's bound to be plenty of people who need schematics.

The Artifact. I don't need it personally, but lots of players do and it's still the go-to ship for boss battles.

USS Hiawatha. 5* freighter, we need it for voyages.

Gorn Destroyer. Also for voyages, but it's a new ship so I appreciate that we won't be getting this one right now.

As it stands, the Krayton just means another month of nobody caring about arena.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭

IKS Bortas or R'ongovian Flagship

But seriously..... How about one of these, they have been in the game a while.

Borg Queen's Vessel
    Gomtuu
    I.S.S. Discovery
    IKS Negh'Var
    Krenim Weapon Ship
    NX-02 Columbia
    Romulan Bird-of-Prey
    Sikarian Vessel
    U.S.S. Excelsior
    U.S.S. Le Guin
    U.S.S. Prometheus
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    The Artifact, please.
    It would be nice to have the ability to retrieve or replicate schematics to finish many of these ships. I have schematics sitting in my inventory for 46 ships that I’m positive I’ll never finish but the odds for me getting more schematics for ships I’ve finished seem to be higher.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    We have been told by the DEVs that there are no plans to add to the pool of ships available on the Dabo wheel, which is meant to provide useful schematics for newer players. Therefore, it would be ideal for the arena to pull from a pool of ships that aren't in the Dabo pool of ships (at least for the 4* and 5* ships).

Were we told that by Ben or someone official? I recall Frank saying it, but never Ben or Joe saying it in an official interview
  • Options
    General MortarsGeneral Mortars ✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    The Artifact. I don't need it personally, but lots of players do and it's still the go-to ship for boss battles.

It will still benefit you, as more players from your fleet finish it, und bosses get done much faster.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    We have been told by the DEVs that there are no plans to add to the pool of ships available on the Dabo wheel, which is meant to provide useful schematics for newer players. Therefore, it would be ideal for the arena to pull from a pool of ships that aren't in the Dabo pool of ships (at least for the 4* and 5* ships).

Were we told that by Ben or someone official? I recall Frank saying it, but never Ben or Joe saying it in an official interview

How about ship beholds in dabo? Newer players would still get their classic schematics, but seasoned players woul alsoreceive something useful.

I would definitely motivate me to spend more DIL on dabo.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »

It will still benefit you, as more players from your fleet finish it, und bosses get done much faster.

Which is why I mentioned it. ;)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25

The key is variety and featuring ships we haven't had as arena awards before (or at least not for the past 12-24 months), as opposed to repeating the same ships over and over. Seeing the Krayton as an arena award is about as motivational as seeing Drone Seven of Nine as an event reward for the umpteenth time!

Yes this has been mentioned in the past. I believe it was Shan?

I too was going to post these ships should be removed from the arena rewards.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

AviTrek wrote: »

I seem to recall that coming up either as a response to one of those player surveys, or during a roadmap video or podcast appearance... I am 92% certain I didn't just make it up
  • Options
    While you are at it, ship collections and rewards would incentivize us to care more about some of the obscure ships.

I would love to see this! It would also reward those of us that have tried to complete all the ships.
  • Options
    There were many good suggestions, but still the Krayton is listed two weeks before the end of month.