Home The Bridge
Options

The Kim Jong-il of Chat Bots

We all suffer this, it is the most frustrating element of Timelines. There are no sorrytons, it's not a bug, it happens often, and it kills chat dead.

I can't even list the amount of words that are blocked, or sequence of words, or whatever.

5 bars of gold pressed latinum and 2 free rolls on the Dabo wheel for the first person to guess what words our glorious leader has decided what we cant say today. I'll give you a clue...none of them are swear words.

Feel free to screenshot your own non-sweardy entries and post them here, I'd like to play to.

1a99mdm6ld2v.png

Comments

• Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well from the context there, I'd say that they may not be swear words but do seem to be heading toward the typical drivel one sees in UC. Can't say I care about the filter.
  • Options
    Magisse wrote: »
    Well from the context there, I'd say that they may not be swear words but do seem to be heading toward the typical drivel one sees in UC. Can't say I care about the filter.

i have no idea, i dont go into UC
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devro wrote: »

Oh, if that's your fleet chat then I apologise. (Can't tell from the SS.) I do think the filters should be lighter in private channels, if that's what the fleet agrees to.
  • Options

Oh, if that's your fleet chat then I apologise. (Can't tell from the SS.) I do think the filters should be lighter in private channels, if that's what the fleet agrees to.

feel free to guess the blanked words. you've assumed they are rude. they may not be.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all suffer this, it is the most frustrating element of Timelines. There are no sorrytons, it's not a bug, it happens often, and it kills chat dead.

I can't even list the amount of words that are blocked, or sequence of words, or whatever.

5 bars of gold pressed latinum and 2 free rolls on the Dabo wheel for the first person to guess what words our glorious leader has decided what we cant say today. I'll give you a clue...none of them are swear words.

Feel free to screenshot your own non-sweardy entries and post them here, I'd like to play to.

1a99mdm6ld2v.png

203va13cxoty.jpg
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One day the filter will allow me to return to This Sisko1 in game vs the sisko. So dumb how it triggers the filter
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel free to screenshot your own non-sweardy entries and post them here...

Btw, there's a thread in Engineering which Shan and the team are monitoring, asking players to post words and phrases which are getting filtered but should not be. They've already fixed several that people have posted there.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Whatever I think it is it's certainly not clean enough to post here...
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I'm surprised anyone really uses the in game chat.... We use slack and never chat in game.

I've seen so much immature stuff (and worse) on universal chat that it pretty much has cured me from any interest in looking at it ever again.
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    I would also suggest not using the in-game chat for in-fleet communication, when there are many better alternatives, such as Discord, Line, Slack.. That said, I'd like to see how that leather evening dress roleplay ends.
    [9RS | Combs] Kilana
    9RS fleet is recruiting, PM me for more information!
  • Options
    I think this is DB telling us they are adding the Breen soon. imuk8ljwdca8.jpg

If not, it's just very annoying