Home Make It So!
Options

Add some visual variety to Skirmish Events

I'm going to preface that Skirmish events work very well, imho, and I do not want to change anything mechanical about them.

However, they have us fighting a series of like 5 ship battles ad infinitum, and the ships we fight for the first 4 battles are like ALWAYS THE SAME. I mean, they are from the same pool. We all know them - the Jem'Hadar duo, the Sphere, the Surook class, the Hirogen Hunter Ship, and so on.

And sure, I'll destroy those stupid Jem'Hadar Fighters and Jem'Hadar Battleships that are for some reason fighting alongside Locarno.

But the game has such variety in ships that we never ever see used by the game, nowadays. Why can't newer ships be added to the pool of ships we fight in Skirmishes?

So that's my proposal. Please add long-existing ships to Skirmish events to decrease repetitiveness and add visual variety. Let us spice up the event by fighting the Enterprise-E and the Xindi Watercruiser and the Borg Diamond before we fight the new ship!
"Dance with me. For science."

Comments

• Options
    I'm going to preface that Skirmish events work very well, imho, and I do not want to change anything mechanical about them.

However, they have us fighting a series of like 5 ship battles ad infinitum, and the ships we fight for the first 4 battles are like ALWAYS THE SAME. I mean, they are from the same pool. We all know them - the Jem'Hadar duo, the Sphere, the Surook class, the Hirogen Hunter Ship, and so on.

And sure, I'll destroy those stupid Jem'Hadar Fighters and Jem'Hadar Battleships that are for some reason fighting alongside Locarno.

But the game has such variety in ships that we never ever see used by the game, nowadays. Why can't newer ships be added to the pool of ships we fight in Skirmishes?

So that's my proposal. Please add long-existing ships to Skirmish events to decrease repetitiveness and add visual variety. Let us spice up the event by fighting the Enterprise-E and the Xindi Watercruiser and the Borg Diamond before we fight the new ship!

I like this idea too.
  • Options
    Looking into it Captains! Thanks for the feedback!