Home The Bridge

Short Treks & Discovery Collection

Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭✭
Can anyone explain to me why quite a large number of the crew featured in Short decks are in the Discovery collection as well when they never appeared in the show?
I understand that SNW did not exist at the time but they still did not feature in the show.
The most obvious example is Ephraim & Dot which takes place throughout TOS & films 🤪

So we have:
  • Captain Lucero
  • Edward Larkin
  • Larkin in Underpants
  • Relaxed Number One
  • Ephraim & Dot

There are others but at least they are reoccuring/based on Disc such as Zora, Po, Mudd...

Comments

• ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short Treks was billed as a Discovery spin-off when it launched, as Discovery was the only ST show on-air when it launched. The first season and some of the second were Discovery based, but the rest were presumably added to the Discovery collection because SNW didn't exist yet.

It could do with a review
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Short Treks was billed as a Discovery spin-off when it launched, as Discovery was the only ST show on-air when it launched. The first season and some of the second were Discovery based, but the rest were presumably added to the Discovery collection because SNW didn't exist yet.

The Epraim & Dot is still just bizarre though, it's like they didn't even watch the episode

Question is, when we eventually get a SNW collection, will said crew be added to that collection?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »

The Epraim & Dot is still just bizarre though, it's like they didn't even watch the episode

Question is, when we eventually get a SNW collection, will said crew be added to that collection?

I've been waiting for the first crew to be added to two series collections.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!