Home Ready Room
Options

Immortalize or Missions

Who concentrates on completing missions and who concentrates on immortalizing crew?

What's the best strategy?

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s apples and oranges. I concentrate on playing the account I started out with. There’s much more pride in that
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all about resource management. Play the way you want to, there is no "best" strategy. Of course there are ways to make things more difficult, like leveling useless crew when you need others to help missions and shuttles. Immortalizing crew for it's own sake is only useful if you need the free dilithium awards.
  • Options
    Up to whims. Right now I'm doing nothing until I get another galaxy (or galaxy hybrid more likely) that I want to go all-in on.

Missions can matter when they have rare rewards you need, or just rewards in general you want to farm. Immortalizing has the achievement dilithium and can free up slots. Some crew are good as frozen-on-your bench-waiting-for-a-situational call-up; like Mirror Tucker for me this week.

As a beginning player, missions are more important than immortalizing as long as you are managing your crew slots correctly.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immortalize, but they are both dependent on each other.

Do the missions as needed.

To do the missions a good crew is needed. Chronitons are also needed. Having a good crew for voyages and Starfleet cadet challenges provides the Chronitons to do the missions.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    You need both. You need the missions completed (All rare rewards) in order to use the free warp videos for expensive items, and you need leveled crew for pretty much everything in the game.

You need to decide what you're trying to accomplish at any given time.

That being said, One of the best moves I ever made after a large chroniton dump was to complete all the missions. It should be fairly easy to complete all the space battles in the game. Even on epic, they're not hard. That will give you a great start. When able to, complete the away missions, do so. At this point, leveling crew will become easy.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still new. It has been only a week more than 2 months for me. My advice (if I had to start over) is to focus first on your 2 star cadets. Get those done, then get the missions taken care of as much as you can with the crew you have. The more missions you have maxed out with stars, the more you can use warp in the events and the more expensive missions you can farm with free videos. Then go for the three star cadets. Save any 4 stars, but focus on the others so you can get rid of all you won't need after you max out all the cadet missions. Then you have space for focusing on valuable characters.

If you don't have money for dilithium, you will want to max out all your 2 star and many 3 star and a few random 1 star you probably got at the beginning. You want them maxed and frozen so you can get dilithium from achievements so you can get a third shuttle. Two shuttles won't get you far in faction missions. I'm still working on my immortals. I have 24 so far, and I have another five in the 80s.
  • Options
    Who concentrates on completing missions and who concentrates on immortalizing crew?

Both?

More completed missions means more (and sometimes better) places where you can farm. Also it means loads of Captain XP, more Captain level (with their perks in chronitons and rewards in Honour), loads of one-time Rare Rewards (many times useful high-level items), and so on.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both?

More completed missions means more (and sometimes better) places where you can farm. Also it means loads of Captain XP, more Captain level (with their perks in chronitons and rewards in Honour), loads of one-time Rare Rewards (many times useful high-level items), and so on.

Yep. And it also depends on how far you are in the game. Early on, you'll want to do as many missions as you are able to do, in order to open them up so that you can farm the items you'll need to equip your crew.

Later, you'll probably get to the point where you don't need to run away missions for their own sake anymore. Just every so often if you discover on the wiki that a certain item has a far better drop rate on a mission you haven't unlocked or cleared yet, then it's worthwhile to get it cleared so you can warp it in the future.

I've been at that latter stage for quite a few months. However, just this past week, I decided to spend my stash of chronitons on finally clearing many of the remaining nodes on episodes I'd never gotten around to finalizing. Felt good to get them completed, and a few might end up being helpful for me in farming. At some point in the near future, I'll no doubt tackle the rest, but a number of them require more planning, as only a limited selection of crew can clear certain nodes.

Anyway, my reply is basically: after you've cleared the missions you need to clear in order to acquire the most commonly-needed items, then your focus will probably switch to immortalizing crew, and not focusing on away missions much at all anymore.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"