Home Engineering Room

Menus and scrollable areas now automatically return to default after every action

LeperfleshLeperflesh ✭✭✭
edited September 20 in Engineering Room
I see a couple of other threads about specific areas (Time Portal, Voyages) but I hope to consolidate the issue here to cover all of the areas of the game.
Over the course of a few recent updates the game has been forcing various scrollable menus, dropdown options, selectable lists to return to their initial default setting after every player action. This is bad. It forces users to take several additional taps/clicks to perform many tasks that were previously more streamlined.
Here is a non-comprehensive list of areas where this is happening:
  • Time Portal auto-scrolls to the far left. For example, after using the dabo wheel, or getting a Basic Reward, etc.
  • Continuum Mission crew selection returns to "default sort" and top of crew list. For example, I want a SCI + DIP crew that hasn't got all four slots unlocked yet, so I tap science, change from Default Sort to Combined Skill, pick a guy, oh I don't want this guy, tap the X to back out: it's lost the Science selection, and switched back to Default Sort.
  • Daily Missions. Enter, scroll to right, exit, enter Daily Missions again, it's scrolled to the left.
  • Voyage crew selection. Select a crew slot, tap a skill, scroll a bit, tap another skill, scroll pops back to top.
  • Shuttle crew selection. Scroll down to pick a bad crew for tanking, pick them, the list instantly scrolls back to the top for the next crew choice. Select a skill, tap a crew, cancel that crew and select the same slot, it's back to no skill selected and default sort and crew list back at the top.
  • Fleet boss battles. Tap an unfilled node, scroll down, pick a crew. Change your mind: cancel that crew, tap the same node, list is back at the top, any search criteria you used is gone. (I think this is how it always behaved, but it shouldn't!)
  • Gauntlet crew selection. Select a skill or do a search, scroll down the crew, pick someone, then pick the same node to replace the guy you just selected, the list is back to the top with no filter or search applied any more.

This isn't consistent with other menus and areas, though. For example, if you go to your starbase, scroll right, exit, then go back into starbase: it remembers you scrolled right. Another example: Shuttles. Enter the Faction Missions, scroll right, maybe pick a mission and start it. The list of factions stays where you left it instead of returning to all the way left. That's good, please don't change it!

Other users, please post if I missed any more.

Comments

• ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    edited September 25
    This is very annoying. Please change it back to the previous behaviour asap.

Additional annoying resets:
    • Crew manifest keeps switching back to "default" sort
    • "4x >>>" keeps changing back to "1x >>>"
    NB I'm not talking about the 1x / 2x / 3x of ship battles

I find the second one really annoying. There is no advantage at all to the "1x >>>" setting, and I bet everyone keeps switching to "4x >>>" after they've played the game a few times.

Ideally there would be a single game-wide setting of this flag for the entire game. In other words, once you've changed it to "4x >>>" anywhere in the game, then it's "4x >>>" everywhere in the game.
    (It would be fine if the game defaulted back to "1x >>>" when you restart the game.)

EDIT alternatively you could remove the "1x >>>" and "4x >>>" stuff entirely and set the speed permanently at "4x >>>". I doubt anyone would miss it.
  • I can safely say that after just a bit of play in the Faction event today, the Shuttle reset bug is enough to make me not want to play Faction events again until it's fixed. Getting through all the scrolling to make an optimal start is...taxing.
  • ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    edited September 26
    AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Just launched over 30 shuttle missions having to cope with this. Soooooooooooo incredibly annoying and time consuming.

Why did the devs change this behaviour?
    No one asked for it. There are many bugs they should be working on instead. They clearly didn't play test this change. Does anyone at TP actually play the game?

Other companies publish their bug list so users don't have to waste time reporting existing bugs. They can also see them getting closed. Some companies let their users open bugs which saves the devs time.

There are bugs and suggestions I want to report/make but I don't want to waste my time posting them if no one is going to even look at them.
  • Not only does it revert to default, but it scrolls the crew list all the way to the top. This is really annoying. The crew list had been scrolling to the top when sorted by anything but default for awhile, which sucked, but now it does it for default too. I hope they fix all of this. I have just stopped playing or purchasing dilithium. I don't have time to constantly resort and scroll to find the crew I want to use to gain experience.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭✭
    Ditto what everyone above is saying. Not only are these things frustrating and annoying but does literally make playing take so much more time to accomplish any task.
    @STT Community is anyone working on any of these issues? If so is there an ETA for fixes.
  • ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    edited October 11
    Another faction event. I'm wearing my finger out from all the extra scrolling!

Seriously, without the tiny scroll bar, faction events would be unplayable. Even with the scroll bar the extra scrolling is very, very annoying.

Still no comment from @STT Community
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had weeks of hearing nothing. I would appreciate a comment from them that they at least see the concerns. Obviously they will not address every concern and Obviously they will not grant every request. But I would appreciate at least a platitude that they saw them. I believe this is why the forums are floundering.
  • Has anyone submitted a ticket?
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭✭
    Ts Hair wrote: »
    Has anyone submitted a ticket?

Many. Many. Many.
  • Zork wrote: »
    Another faction event. I'm wearing my finger out from all the extra scrolling!

Seriously, without the tiny scroll bar, faction events would be unplayable. Even with the scroll bar the extra scrolling is very, very annoying.

Still no comment from @STT Community

Apologies for the long waiting Captains! We will be sharing your concerns with the team today. LLAP
  • I've stopped paying for anything in-game until this is changed back. I used to play every day. I now play at most once a week. It was bad enough when they made the change where the scroll reset to the top if you were sorted by level, but now not even saving which option you've selected is just too time consuming to bother with.
  • ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    This is getting more and more annoying.

Especially when you consider that the devs actually spent time to deliberately make the UI worse.
  • ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    I just noticed the comment from @STT Community. Thanks! I hope the devs can revert to the original behaviour soon!