Home Ready Room

VIP Levels and crew slot bonuses

Hey there folks - after just pulling a new Legendary (Protomorphosis Worf), I got a little over-excited and splashed out on the "Double your crew" offer... I'm sure you've seen the one - get a second star on your new Legendary plus all the equipment to take it to Lvl 50, PLUS 1500 VIP points.

Here's my question/problem...

I was on VIP level 6 and had 108 active crew in 110 crew slots with 3700 VIP points. as we all know, the crew slot shortage is pretty bad and I've been dumping 4 star and 3 star crew to keep up with the increasing number of decent FF crew I've been collecting. This offer meant I'd double up on a good solid crew member, but just as important to me was the jump up to VIP level 8 from level 6, where I was.

w6me5jxzthss.png

Now according to the info given in the VIP area, I should have received 55 bonus crew slots upon reaching level 8. My crew roster has only increased to 108 of 130 slots NOT 108 of 165 slots, however.

zldg7o7ylgyd.png

Before sending off a ticket to DB, is there anything I've missed (apart from 35 slots)?

There didn't seem to be anything misleading in the offer; get an extra Legendary, plus equipment to get it to lvl 50 PLUS 1500 VIP. All of which has appeared - I got the message telling me I was now VIP 8, I'm showing the correct number of VIP points (5200)... but only 20 extra crew slots instead of 55!

I've even re-started the game to see if anything resets, but to no avail...

Any thoughts??

Best Answer

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    =GBP= Bear wrote: »
    Thanks Dralix.. I suspected there was something hidden here...

As for worded better, I thought that the wording was perfectly clear within the information given in the game itself - as per the screenshot above.
    If I had made this purchase without consulting the WIKI, I would have quite naturally assumed that I would expect to receive 55 bonus slots added to the 110 I already had.

Or at least, that's how my rationale would work.

In fact - even after reading through the various WIKI pages on crew slots, VIP bonuses etc, I would still have been no wiser as to the outcome of my purchase, other than expecting to see the addition of 55 extra crew slots.

Since there is nothing actually stated in any of the in-game menus to the contrary, that is how my poor, old, addled mind perceived this offer.

Is it some difference in wording between "extra" and "bonus"?

Please don't take any of my comments to indicate that I'm anything less than grateful for your swift reply, Dralix! I'm just somewhat disappointed that my purchase was motivated almost as much by the additional 55 slots as by the extra star and equipment... and although the additional 20 slots I've received are welcome, they're not as welcome as those 55 slots would have been...

Bear.

Again, "total" is the keyword. it adds up every two VIP Levels, as I posted. 10+10+15+20=55 at VIP 8.

Scott

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Answers

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed the word total.

VIP 8 gives 55 total bonus slots, not 55 additional over and above what you had previously. It's easily misunderstood and certainly could be worded better.

You can find details on crew slots here.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks - after just pulling a new Legendary (Protomorphosis Worf), I got a little over-excited and splashed out on the "Double your crew" offer... I'm sure you've seen the one - get a second star on your new Legendary plus all the equipment to take it to Lvl 50, PLUS 1500 VIP points.

Here's my question/problem...

I was on VIP level 6 and had 108 active crew in 110 crew slots with 3700 VIP points. as we all know, the crew slot shortage is pretty bad and I've been dumping 4 star and 3 star crew to keep up with the increasing number of decent FF crew I've been collecting. This offer meant I'd double up on a good solid crew member, but just as important to me was the jump up to VIP level 8 from level 6, where I was.

w6me5jxzthss.png

Now according to the info given in the VIP area, I should have received 55 bonus crew slots upon reaching level 8. My crew roster has only increased to 108 of 130 slots NOT 108 of 165 slots, however.

zldg7o7ylgyd.png

Before sending off a ticket to DB, is there anything I've missed (apart from 35 slots)?

There didn't seem to be anything misleading in the offer; get an extra Legendary, plus equipment to get it to lvl 50 PLUS 1500 VIP. All of which has appeared - I got the message telling me I was now VIP 8, I'm showing the correct number of VIP points (5200)... but only 20 extra crew slots instead of 55!

I've even re-started the game to see if anything resets, but to no avail...

Any thoughts??
    Dralix wrote: »
    You missed the word total.

VIP 8 gives 55 total bonus slots, not 55 additional over and above what you had previously. It's easily misunderstood and certainly could be worded better.

You can find details on crew slots here.

This. It's cumulative.

10 at VIP 2
    20 at VIP 4 {+10}
    35 at VIP 6 {+15}
    55 at VIP 8 {+20}
    75 at VIP 10 {+20}
    95 at VIP 12 {+20}
    115 at VIP 14 {+20}
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Thanks Dralix.. I suspected there was something hidden here...

As for worded better, I thought that the wording was perfectly clear within the information given in the game itself - as per the screenshot above.
    If I had made this purchase without consulting the WIKI, I would have quite naturally assumed that I would expect to receive 55 bonus slots added to the 110 I already had.

Or at least, that's how my rationale would work.

In fact - even after reading through the various WIKI pages on crew slots, VIP bonuses etc, I would still have been no wiser as to the outcome of my purchase, other than expecting to see the addition of 55 extra crew slots.

Since there is nothing actually stated in any of the in-game menus to the contrary, that is how my poor, old, addled mind perceived this offer.

Is it some difference in wording between "extra" and "bonus"?

Please don't take any of my comments to indicate that I'm anything less than grateful for your swift reply, Dralix! I'm just somewhat disappointed that my purchase was motivated almost as much by the additional 55 slots as by the extra star and equipment... and although the additional 20 slots I've received are welcome, they're not as welcome as those 55 slots would have been...

Bear.
  • Again.. I'm sorry, DScottHewitt... Perhaps I 'm just getting old!! This just didn't make sense to me!!!

Here's my simplest pitch on this problem.

Let's assume that I had no knowledge of these forums and I was just playing the game on my phone, with no assistance from the very knowledgeable people on here. (Exactly as I did for the first 6 months or so of playing)...

I have worked up to 110 crew slots. Some I bought with credits, some I bought with dilithium (I have no idea how much or how many of each I've used), but after a good year and a half of playing, (the last 6 months assisted with monthly card), I've worked up to the dizzying heights of VIP level 6 and have accrued 110 crew slots (I don't know how many are bonus or extra or what) - I just have 110 slots and with this purchase, as it's described in the in-game menu shown above, I was (misguidedly) hoping to get another 55 crew slots...

Now I discover that the 55 slots aren't 55 slots. I've not spent days figuring out the mathematics of the problem, other than adding 55 to 110 and ending up with 130, not 165?

You can imagine my initial confusion and then disappointment setting in as I realise something's not quite right.

It was an impulse purchase. I've never spent that much on a game before, but as I derive so much genuine pleasure form this game, I thought, "What the hell? It's my 50th birthday this week and just for once I'll treat myself to something."

I thought I'd avoided the traps like the "Guaranteed crew offers", but no...

Oh well...

Caveat emptor.
  • Thanks guys for all your help.

Silver linings and all that - I now have a 2/5 Proto Worf at lvl 60.

Oooo... And 20 shiny new crew slots...

I'd best tell Garak to cancel the curtains' order for the other 35 crew quarters...
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wording for each level indicates what bonuses you have when you are at that level. It doesn't indicate what you get by increasing to level x from level x-1. Possibly because you can gain multiple VIP levels in a single purchase.

So to put it another way, the VIP 8 description tells what benefits VIP 8 gives you:
    • 80% bonus credits - that's an increase of 10% from VIP 7
    • Chroniton purchase up to 10 times per day - that's an increase of 1 from VIP 7
    • 55 total bonus crew slots - that's an increase of 20 from VIP 6
    Please don't take any of my comments to indicate that I'm anything less than grateful for your swift reply, Dralix!

Not at all. :smile: