Home Make It So!
Options

Immortalize 350 characters and then...nothing ?

After immortalizing 350 characters this morning to receive the 750 dilithium achievement reward, there is no longer any higher reward after this cap.
Please raise the reward cap for the immortalizing characters achievement, DB !
Otherwise, your whale players such as myself are literally out of characters to level, and I have mounts of daily chronitons with no productive use.
All I can do is level "useless" 1 star and 2 star characters who serve no purpose on my chock-full Legendary and Super Rare roster of 300 slots.

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big whales will tell you - a day comes where there are no crew to level. This nothing to do with the achievements. You just can't level anymore because you have leveled and collected all of them.

Right now there are 463 unique crew listed in the cryo vault. If you've done 350 of them, You've got 113 left to go. Next week that number will grow by 3. And the next week. And the next. Just because there isn't an achievement for it doesn't mean you have to stop progressing in the game.

Seriously, there are probably 500 total players that have hit 350+ immortals. DB could adjust an achievement that is out of scope for 98% of the playerbase, ever, or they could devote that time to fixing other issues or adding more global functions that everyone benefits from, not just us 500 folk.

My .02 DIL.

Except the effort to expand the achievement should be negligible from a coding standpoint unless it was put together by the monkeys from the Heart of Gold that managed to write Shakespeare on their own.

And aside from that point, as more and more people stay long term in the game, that estimated 500 players will expand, and you want to incentivize their staying in every way possible --- as it will be less about the whales and more about the long term recurring income.

Voyages alone have put me on a pace of immortalizing 20+ characters a month. So I'll hit the 350, I estimate mid year next year, not being a whale, not being vip0, but a moderate spender who plays hardcore.

This should adjust as the characters available increase, just as crew slots that can be purchased/given increases. (Which DB has already done periodically)
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I agree with you completely - I asked twice myself in different venues to not only expand the count beyond 350, but maybe increase the DIL offered.

And you bring a phenomenal point about the cap slowly moving - the total achievement cap needs to be moved by 25 or 50 each time that many more cards are added to the game. In a years time, thousands of players will be at that point and no one wants to see the slow faucet of free DIL stop.

The OP wasn't wrong in their point either - I just didn't agree with the notion that you have to stop progressing because you reached 350.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I agree with you completely - I asked twice myself in different venues to not only expand the count beyond 350, but maybe increase the DIL offered.

And you bring a phenomenal point about the cap slowly moving - the total achievement cap needs to be moved by 25 or 50 each time that many more cards are added to the game. In a years time, thousands of players will be at that point and no one wants to see the slow faucet of free DIL stop.

The OP wasn't wrong in their point either - I just didn't agree with the notion that you have to stop progressing because you reached 350.

I agree you don't stop progressing. Hell you progressed before there were achievements.

It's funny, thought, as I saw this with MAA and several other games. Folks never plan on actually being successful so they make game design as if there will be no tomorrow for it.

That seems to be where achievements, crew slots and other items are in. I'm hoping some more long term planning is occurring now that they now they are a success and have a decent playerbase to build on. (And not the pie in the sky DS9 space battle thing that is still vaporware.)
  • Options
    As achievements was a silly idea,disagreed.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the dilithium reward increased. Those who pay get far more dilithium than you can earn from immortilizing characters. Those who don't pay are incentivized by the possibility of dilithium. I would be more incentivized if the rewards were actually enough to buy shuttles and slots.
  • Options

+1. Frank speaks the voice of truth and reason.
    I would be more incentivized if the rewards were actually enough to buy shuttles and slots.

Well technically by the time you reach 350 crew you have earned something like 8745 dilithium, which is enough to buy two shuttles (3250 plats) and.... 25 crew slots? Or something.

The rewards are actually enough to buy shuttles and slots. It's just that it's really really slow as a process - most low VIP and F2P players I know are at most around the 150th or 200th crew, and they'll find it really difficult to reach 350 for a long time (because, obviously, getting 350 requires time-limited 4* and immortalized 5*).
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, the achievements could get updated to 500 in advance, because we will soon have 500 available cards anyway. And yeah, I'd also recommend that the Dilithium amount past 350 up to and including 500 should get raised a little (purrhaps 1000 Dilithium).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    In order to do that seemingly impossible task you'd have to have "PAYED TO WIN" big time.... in that way they are the true winners and You are the warrior who has almost concurred every foe... yet you are sad because there may soon be no more foes to concur. Remember these are just pictures of people with numbers next to them. None of us really get anything in the end so at least enjoy the game... Maybe the game will evolve further into something that is playable beyond the "gotta' catch em all" aspect. Figure out what that is and it would help everyone at all levels. I'd love it if the star-rating actually had something to do with the characters from the show so it wouldn't matter how many I collected but who I collected and how I chose to use them.

They probably weren't expecting anyone to get that far before they decided to add some new hurdle to jump.