Home The Bridge
Options

"Priming Spore Drive".....

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
This is new. As is the Gunshow Picard standing on the loading page.....

1Yu3jpd.jpg

1Yu3jpd.jpg

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?

Comments

• Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, caught that as well.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    NivenFres wrote: »
    Yeah, caught that as well.

It forced me to Refresh in the middle of a Chapter Eight Mission. Let me pick up where I left off.....

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never get over how some people can keep so many browser tabs open! I mean its not just that I'm OCD, I have a fairly powerful desktop PC and I STILL get buffer errors in chrome when I'm doing too much!
  • Options
    PaPa ✭✭
    I will never get over how some people can keep so many browser tabs open!

And all these unread notifications and messages on Facebook! Arghl!
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I love all the bug fixes. Especially the gauntlet bug!
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭

That's all I wanted! Thanks, DB!
  • Options

I would've liked the ship graphics on Steam to be fixed, but I guess we can't have everything.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    This reminds me of how they changed the opening theme in Enterprise during the Mirror episodes.

I really enjoyed that, and I'm enjoying this!
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    This reminds me of how they changed the opening theme in Enterprise during the Mirror episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfbsZRbwbJ4
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

The cold open where they had the modified first contact scene was so sweet
  • Options
    Spore Drive... meh.

Love the MU opening screen though.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never get over how some people can keep so many browser tabs open! I mean its not just that I'm OCD, I have a fairly powerful desktop PC and I STILL get buffer errors in chrome when I'm doing too much!

Going off-topic on this reply for just a moment, if the OP will forgive me. That doesn't seem like a lot of tabs, honestly — I mean, I generally only have about half that open at any given time, but some people I know keep like 3 times as many (or more) open at once, which does amaze me. (Those are often the same people whose desktop has icons all over the place. I'm like, "How can you find anything on that??")

Also, because Chrome has a separate process for each open tab, I think it may be more of an issue with that than with Firefox. I use both browsers for different sites — some play nicer with one than the other — but FF is where I have more tabs open in general. I try to keep only 6 or so tabs open on Chrome, but I also use a "suspend" plugin/extension, which basically does not load any tab until I click on it, so it's like it's not open. Seems to help.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda miss the 'remembering where we parked'.. or is it there but goes by too fast?
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

In my opinion, the Mirror episodes were some of the finest work in Enterprise (next to the Vulcan Renaissance episodes).

The Mirror opening was really exciting (especially compared to the cringe-inducing regular Enterprise opening), the sort of "convergence point" shot of Cochrane pulling a shotgun on the Vulcans...it was all so well done, and then tied to a bit of lingering plot from TOS. And Soval had a goatee. That made me smile.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭

In my opinion, the Mirror episodes were some of the finest work in Enterprise (next to the Vulcan Renaissance episodes).

The Mirror opening was really exciting (especially compared to the cringe-inducing regular Enterprise opening), the sort of "convergence point" shot of Cochrane pulling a shotgun on the Vulcans...it was all so well done, and then tied to a bit of lingering plot from TOS. And Soval had a goatee. That made me smile.

I thought that Cochrane's Mirror First Contact was the divergence, but when I rewatched the episode, Phlox mentions looking at the literature from the Prime Universe and seeing that the protagonists in the great works of literature were "weak" and "compassionate" (except for Shakespeare, whose characters were equally grim in both universes). It could be that Prime and Mirror Earth are parallel until the Third World War, where both versions are similar. That leads to Cochrane inventing warp drive and getting the attention of the Vulcans in both Universes. So Mirror Cochrane's actions may be less a single choice by himself and more a result of the Earth on which he grew up: a more militaristic, brutal, and Darwinian one than our own. In other words, the Mirror First Contact is not "What if Cochrane had decided to shoot the Vulcan instead of shaking his hand?" but more of "What if Earth's global culture throughout history was more militaristic and brutal than it is for us?"

And to not be off-topic...I thought that the MU screen as a nice touch. Makes it all feel like a mega-event rather than just every weekend.
  • Options
    Ikrit wrote: »

I thought that Cochrane's Mirror First Contact was the divergence, but when I rewatched the episode, Phlox mentions looking at the literature from the Prime Universe and seeing that the protagonists in the great works of literature were "weak" and "compassionate" (except for Shakespeare, whose characters were equally grim in both universes). It could be that Prime and Mirror Earth are parallel until the Third World War, where both versions are similar. That leads to Cochrane inventing warp drive and getting the attention of the Vulcans in both Universes. So Mirror Cochrane's actions may be less a single choice by himself and more a result of the Earth on which he grew up: a more militaristic, brutal, and Darwinian one than our own. In other words, the Mirror First Contact is not "What if Cochrane had decided to shoot the Vulcan instead of shaking his hand?" but more of "What if Earth's global culture throughout history was more militaristic and brutal than it is for us?"

And to not be off-topic...I thought that the MU screen as a nice touch. Makes it all feel like a mega-event rather than just every weekend.

I think people tend to get kind of bogged down in "WHERE" a Timeline diverges. The Flash TV show has really exacerbated the problem. When a diverging event happens, the new Timeline would still have a history. In the case of a dark, mirror universe, as we see in Star Trek ,that Timeline would have been going in a darker direction for millennia. {It is entirely possible that Stamets "Created" the Mirror Universe when he tampered with is DNA to save the ship. But, that new Universe has a history. Thus, Cochrane shoots the Vulcans. The NX-01 crew steals the 23rd century Defiant. All the tings that we see that would have been before the triggering event still happened in that Timeline, even though the trigger was much later.....

My theory.....

Scott

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been rewatching all of Enterprise on Netflix and am loving everything (Jeffrey Combs is THE MAN)... I really didn't give it a fair shake the first time I guess cuz I always regarded it as meh but I really love it now... You're right though, the mirror episodes were standouts... And let's not talk about that finale... Oh boy

They should release a 1 star "Pegasus Emo Riker" from that episode just so I can airlock the crap out of him
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or is the new open screen faster loading too?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or is the new open screen faster loading too?

Not just you. I and several others in my fleet have noticed that it's much faster to load. A welcome change, to be sure.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Bug fixes
    There are many bug fixes for this new version:

• Correct characters are now displayed on dilemmas.

4fp8p6j55jie.png

Hmm...
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug fixes

4fp8p6j55jie.png

Hmm...

I'm experiencing the same. Noticed it on the last 2 dilemmas I went though on my first voyage post upgrade.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug fixes

Hmm...

For varying definitions of correct, I guess.
  • Options

I've been rewatching all of Enterprise on Netflix and am loving everything (Jeffrey Combs is THE MAN)... I really didn't give it a fair shake the first time I guess cuz I always regarded it as meh but I really love it now... You're right though, the mirror episodes were standouts... And let's not talk about that finale... Oh boy

They should release a 1 star "Pegasus Emo Riker" from that episode just so I can airlock the crap out of him

I swear I am almost ready to drop $50 at Wally World next paycheck for the entire Series. I always loved Enterprise. I think the Mirror episodes right at the end was the best of the Mirror episodes {for me, at least}.

Scott

• Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

Going off-topic on this reply for just a moment, if the OP will forgive me. That doesn't seem like a lot of tabs, honestly — I mean, I generally only have about half that open at any given time, but some people I know keep like 3 times as many (or more) open at once, which does amaze me. (Those are often the same people whose desktop has icons all over the place. I'm like, "How can you find anything on that??")

Also, because Chrome has a separate process for each open tab, I think it may be more of an issue with that than with Firefox. I use both browsers for different sites — some play nicer with one than the other — but FF is where I have more tabs open in general. I try to keep only 6 or so tabs open on Chrome, but I also use a "suspend" plugin/extension, which basically does not load any tab until I click on it, so it's like it's not open. Seems to help.

When I first log in, add about eight, because on eight of the Worlds where I "play" Tribal Wars, I mostly just collect my Daily Chests. Mostly.....

Scott

• Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

When I first log in, add about eight, because on eight of the Worlds where I "play" Tribal Wars, I mostly just collect my Daily Chests. Mostly.....

Scott

I read that as "Tribble Wars" at first and thought "Cool!" and then... 😐
  • Options
    Next time you view the enterprise mirror episodes look at the opening credits again there's the moon landing and there a Nazi flag being planted on the moon
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plasma wrote: »
    Next time you view the enterprise mirror episodes look at the opening credits again there's the moon landing and there a Nazi flag being planted on the moon

It's posted in this thread. It's a Terran Empire flag.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know what you're talking about. The finale doesn't exist. ENT left off at the end of Terra Prime.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options

I don't know what you're talking about. The finale doesn't exist. ENT left off at the end of Terra Prime.

Agreed. Demons/Terra Prime is probably the best Trek series finale.