Home Engineering Room
Options

New chat text font/formatting less readible

Specifically the contrast between the persons name and the text and the way the text is formatted with the avatar, now the actual conversation looks like reading the ingredients of a candy bar on a mobile device. Yeah it looks great on Steam or Facebook or a Tablet but on my phone, my wifes phone and my coworkers phone it makes it very difficult to the point of eyestrain to read what is actually being said.

How about next time you do UI changes like this you make them optional with the classic interface being able to be activated in settings?

Also the boxes on the left load quick but look damn clunky compared to before.

If I hadn't sworn to never use external chat programs for other reasons I'd ditch in game chat over this.

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's too bad. I hadn't noticed that, as I'm on a tablet — but it does seem to take up less screen real estate than before, so maybe that is contributing to the problem.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'll just have to stop spending anything on the game and use that money to buy a tablet. lol.

It really really feels like DB doesn't have anyone do QC on an actual phone or actual mobile screen.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Maybe I'll just have to stop spending anything on the game and use that money to buy a tablet. lol.

It really really feels like DB doesn't have anyone do QC on an actual phone or actual mobile screen.

I'm amazed anyone can play the game every day on a phone, period. I recently started a second account (which I don't log into very often), and run that off my phone, but wow, everything is so tiny and hard to read. I haven't checked it out since the update, but I'm sure I'd have the same issue you mentioned above, if the text is even smaller than it was before.

EDIT: Oh, and P.S... I know you weren't being serious when you mentioned switching to a larger screen, but the tablet I'm using cost less than $100, so there are good deals out there to be had, should you ever want to splurge and save your eyes. ;) But yes, didn't want to derail the thread. Hope they can do something about that issue. Doesn't sound pleasant.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I'm amazed anyone can play the game every day on a phone, period. I recently started a second account (which I don't log into very often), and run that off my phone, but wow, everything is so tiny and hard to read. I haven't checked it out since the update, but I'm sure I'd have the same issue you mentioned above, if the text is even smaller than it was before.

EDIT: Oh, and P.S... I know you weren't being serious when you mentioned switching to a larger screen, but the tablet I'm using cost less than $100, so there are good deals out there to be had, should you ever want to splurge and save your eyes. ;) But yes, didn't want to derail the thread. Hope they can do something about that issue. Doesn't sound pleasant.

A wi-fi tablet won't cut it as I play a lot in when on the road on trains, in cars (while others drive), on the commuter bus and my phone carrier charges extra to turn my phone into a hotspot. So we're talking a magnitude larger on price should I go that route. I used a Motorolla Xoom for years when I had a Blackberry for a phone which I also used for years.

Honestly, playing most of the game isn't bad as my LG V10 has a 6 inch screen. On away missions even if I can't read all of the text without looking close I can see the symbols and numbers to be able to play. The cutscene dialogues are very readable. I do end up reading the shuttle text on the wiki as the success/fail plotline details are microscopic.

The first insult was when they put the search feature in and shrunk the character art--- this is just further showing that DB really isn't paying attention to the user experience on phones. This really blows as it comes on the heels of very good changes they put in on other fronts.

I'm angry and frustrated, but also resigned that I really feel DB won't do a damn thing about this and that I may have to actually pursue different hardware or limit my participation in my fleet and squad. I almost turned over the squad leader spot over this.