Home Ready Room
Options

Gauntlet Win Streaks

So, I've currently got a 60 win streak going (I did pay 50 dilithium once to preserve it), and I realize it's really time to ask: do win streaks mean ANYthing? The rewards seem much the same... and I've yet to ever get a crew member from any chest, high streak or low.

When the Gauntlet ends, does my win streak translate to more chests, or is it really... worthless?

Hoping to heck it's not worthless.

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Higher streak boxes supposedly give you a better chance at better loot, but still award things like trainers quite often.

The streak doesn't translate into how many chests you get at the end, that is totally dependent on your final ranking on the leaderboard.
  • Options
    Have run many a streak up and haven't ever seen a difference in loot. This is very disappointing given I put dilithium in. I'm wondering what for. Somewhere between glad the lesson's learned... and wanting the 50 back. XD Oh well. I'll go with lesson learned.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    UnkieB wrote: »
    Higher streak boxes supposedly give you a better chance at better loot, but still award things like trainers quite often.

There's nothing in game to suggest any difference other than the type of box. So a 15 streak win (Gauntlet Crate) should have the exact same loot table as a 150 streak win.

EDIT: I'll add that this doesn't mean that longer streaks are meaningless. If you can push your streak to 150, then all those boxes you open past 15 are the best you can get. You don't have to work your way back up to the Gauntlet Crate. And while rewards are of course subject to RNG, you can't get a 4* equippable item from a streak box lower than 15.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    There's nothing in game to suggest any difference other than the type of box. So a 15 streak win (Gauntlet Crate) should have the exact same loot table as a 150 streak win.

Yes, a Crate is a Crate, but there are also Chests and Boxes for lower streaks...

Gauntlet Box for 3, 6 streak = Up to equippable 2 star item, Chance of Rare Reward
    Gauntlet Chest for 9, 12 streak = Up to equippable 3 star item, Chance of Rare Reward
    Gauntlet Crate for 15+ streak = Up to equippable 4 star item, Better chance of Rare Reward
  • Options
    Still, even if that's true there's no point in preserving a high-win streak. And of course Timelines doesn't spell that out at all but will take the dilithium just the same. Processing how I feel about that.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »
    Yes, a Crate is a Crate, but there are also Chests and Boxes for lower streaks...

Yeah, that was my point, that I tried to clarify in my edit. A 15 streak box is better than a 3 streak box, but a 150 is the same as a 15.

Still, even if that's true there's no point in preserving a high-win streak.

That's not entirely true. As I mentioned in my edit, the more of the higher value boxes you open compared to the lower, the better you are. Whether that makes it worth any spending of of merits or dilithium is up to the player to determine, but a 30 streak is better than a 6 streak.
  • Options
    And none of this is ever really explained, but again, DB will take the dilithium just the same. Yeah. Not happy about this.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    And none of this is ever really explained

All the information I've provided is found in game, combined with some critical thinking.
  • Options
    Can you point to where it can be found?
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click on any of the lootbox icons - in the rankings (which indicates your projected end reward based on current rank), in the banner at the top showing your current rank and trophy count (which indicates your next streak box and how many wins until you get it) or in the gauntlet help section (hit the "i" info button next to the time remaining).

• Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you point to where it can be found?

The info button on the gauntlet screen? FWIW, I don't try too hard to preserve streaks beyond 12 or so. The loot isn't worth refreshes or DIL. Maybe some day they'll add a achievement.
  • Options
    Ah, you're right Dralix. You need to imply it a bit to figure out the chests apply to the streak based upon look, but it is there. Could be explained better, but it is there.

Thanks.
  • Options
    The best strategy is to farm as many streak boxes as possible if you are going for Guinan. But that crew drops reportedly more often in the first 4 streak boxes, and personal experience.

Loot tables were not designed deep enough to justify players to continue dumping DIL. In the future an adjustment to lootpools will function noticeably to appease more of the playerbase.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best strategy is to farm as many streak boxes as possible if you are going for Guinan. But that crew drops reportedly more often in the first 4 streak boxes, and personal experience.

Loot tables were not designed deep enough to justify players to continue dumping DIL. In the future an adjustment to lootpools will function noticeably to appease more of the playerbase.

I suspect that's a pretty heavy selection bias. Players encounter 3/6 streak boxes far more frequently than 9+ streak boxes, so, yes, you'll get "more" Guinans from them, but on a per-box rate, I would be very surprised if she dropped more frequently from the lower level boxes.
  • Options
    •RIVIN••RIVIN• ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

one of my better runs, was hoping for a Guinan. not with this one....i think it was a trainer in the box
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Well, win percentage is one thing... but why when it's ENG gauntlet I meet 5 Picardwalls out of 9 tries and NONE of said 9 are ENG? I met more COM and SEC separately in that Gauntlet than ENG and MED combined despite ENG being featured...

Two of said times were Eng/Med too... *facepalm*
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    Well, win percentage is one thing... but why when it's ENG gauntlet I meet 5 Picardwalls out of 9 tries and NONE of said 9 are ENG? I met more COM and SEC separately in that Gauntlet than ENG and MED combined despite ENG being featured...

Two of said times were Eng/Med too... *facepalm*

This is definitely my gripe with Gauntlet... the long stretches when the featured skill barely appears, or certainly doesn't appear with any more regularity than other combinations. And when you pick teams around those skills, you just end up having wasted two days of Gauntlet.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely consider the featured skill in terms of constructing my team. You're better off creating a balanced team to protect on D and avoid losing points.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely consider the featured skill in terms of constructing my team. You're better off creating a balanced team to protect on D and avoid losing points.

Totally agree. I fill the 5 other skills with 4 crew members then the last slot I put an extra of the featured skill

• Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I decided I wanted to clear the #1 in gauntlet achievement, I did it with a 120 win streak (yeah, I totally spent dilithium to keep that streak going.) I still have 0 Guinans. I realized then that gauntlet is a joke and refuse to EVER spend in gauntlet again, unless they do some kind of radical overhaul. Some people have gotten 7 Guinans and a LOT of people can't even get 1?! Something is seriously wrong with that. I honestly suspect that NOTHING in this game is random. It would not surprise me one bit if there is someone at DB who decides who gets a Guinan or not.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    120 wins...yikes. My longest streak is 13 and I got both Guinan and Locutus, I think both of them at 9 wins. As a rule, I do not ever spend dil and rarely spend merits in the gauntlet because it isn’t worth it. It’s a nice source of spare basic portal pulls, merits, and the occasional useful component or handful of chrons, that’s all.
  • Options
    Guinan is a .04% chance pull so it's tough. I just got my 5th at 10,654 Gauntlet rounds, but got my first one at about 7600, so it took A WHILE before I got my first one. Never got Locutus.
  • Options
    Why are there identical characters with higher stats as my immortalized character in gauntlet? Is db the deep state out to overthrow America with Oprah and her nazi party or is there a simpler answer?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are there identical characters with higher stats as my immortalized character in gauntlet? Is db the deep state out to overthrow America with Oprah and her nazi party or is there a simpler answer?

There is a lot of needs-to-be-ignored in that statement.

Starbase bonuses create the differences you are referencing. You can put away the tin foil.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, more static on the boards.
  • Options
    Spin the wheel Vanna my streak of luck is in your hands.