Home Ready Room
Options

The Professor or Enterprise-E Picard?

So I've got a behold that's got me stumped. One is an easy pass because I already have two medical 5 stars, but the other two are The Professor and Enterprise-E Picard and it's killing me a bit.

Picard:
Strongest in the skills I need the most (command and diplomacy)
Likely to turn up in events I'd suspect?
Cost finder say he's easier than Professor

Professor:
Has diplomacy, so that's one of the two
Has hologram, prodigy, (and cultural figure, and I'm sure I remember duelist coming up) - seems useful
Cost finder seems to put his stats at much better at one star than picard? (and I doubt I'll increase either of their star ratings tbh)

My biggest priorities are normal missions and shuttles and such, cause I've only gone in the gauntlet once and it was all a bit too hard haha. I'll probably try again at some point tho.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Options
    I would probably pick the Professor. If you maxed either to a 100 his primary skill is higher and his two other skills are around the same while Picard' primary is a touch lower and his two secondaries are nowhere close to each other. I didn't price the cost to equip either so that may be a deciding factor for you.
  • Options
    I'd pick Picard, as he is likely to show up in an Event. Both are not sooooo good statwise compared to new cards.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Professor has only one event, Picard has many.
  • Options
    Thanks folks!! HMMM. By showing up in an event you mean other copies of him? Or just event bonuses? (He'd be more likely on both really eh). That and the skills are leaning me toward Picard (tho damn, the professor still looks cool)
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picard has been a bonus crew member in multiple events. The Professor has just one, though it is due for a rerun (also has Detective Data).
  • Options
    Oh that's cool - that's good info, thanks!
  • Options
    And do not miss the Gaunlet - why should you?
    At the End you can only win, because it cost nothing to enter and the Chars are not blocked in any Way.
    So anything you get out of there is pure Profit.
    Live long and prosper.
    Not a Native English speaker - be lenient toward me
  • Options
    Ahab [:)] Picard is a decent option in the gauntlet. The E version is no Locutis, but is decent. Base stats aren't great but those rolls will make him useful. Good at passing high Diplomacy nodes in later missions.

The Professor's not bad; better than I thought he was. Again a decent gauntlet play if he gets 1+ traits. Three skill crew are great for Voyages (they both have that I suppose).

Tiebreaker, as mentioned already is that Picards are featured in events. Professor isn't a bad choice though. Enjoy your new Legendary!