Home The Bridge
Options

What in-game currency do you prefer to be used for "apologies"?

Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
Chronotons, at one point, were clearly the most valuable F2P commodity in the game. I'm curious if people still prefer to receive chronotons, or if they would rather get something else.

I've excluded Dilithium intentionally, since it is the premium currency and not really comparable to the others.

What in-game currency do you prefer to be used for "apologies"? 120 votes

Chronotons
70%
izausomeKnight RangerThe FishCaptain TFSabine of AthensCaptain DurfFor Cardassia[GoT] jess-gayDpmt[DB:DB] DebData1001Zombie Squirrel RocpileMordackMystikalCaptain Lost[DB:Do Better] More Tranya!Captain Sisko [AA]Travis S McClain[TFA] Celeres 84 votes
Honor
21%
AstrometricsPeachtree RexAviTrekCaptainUnderpantsDharkus[QH] He-Who-MeowsJim RaynoreXo | SilverRose (retired)NS111111[CAB595] Emrys Myrddin·§ë· For the ManyDittoShakaarScientistBanjo1012Beratis Kesla Redjacbowdygregoryt[|YoH|] Ashvoyagerk3v 26 votes
Merits
3%
XanatharWaldoMagIrialPompeyMagnus 4 votes
Credits
0%
Pablo Pawly 1 vote
Shuttle Transmissions
0%
Replicator Rations
0%
Other thing I should have included but forgot
4%
Lilac Erosion Commander Sinclair[SSR] GTMETLocutus_of_Borg_Gordon Freeman 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Chronotons
    I voted chrons, but would be just as happy with honor TBH.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Chronotons
    Chronitons are just fine. Honor is nice too, but you need tons to do something useful with it. Something like 250 chronitons is peanuts, but its a nice gesture and helps us along a bit.

Dilithium would seem appropriate when there are large outages and you can be sure everyone's voyages have failed.
  • Options
    Honor
    Gimme all the honour.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chronotons
    Agreed with the above post.

Voted for chrons, but would take honour too.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chronotons
    I voted Chronotrons, Honour is useful but you need a bucket ton of it to be anywhere near useful.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew slots. ;)
    I'm torn between Chrons and Honor. Chrons have a potential use for me, for that eventual Galaxy when I just need to crush a big rank for a new character I really want. But since I'm waiting for that, they're just kind of languishing in my inbox. Honor, I at least use every 50k.
  • Options
    Honor
    My big problem with Chrons as rewards is they end up sitting unused in my mailbox, waiting for me to dump them all on some galaxy event that I really really want to do well on.

Honor, I could claim and just save up and it's not in my mailbox anymore.

I can level pretty much any card right now, 0-100 without running many (if any) missions. Any snags I run into are usually in the form of faction items that chrons don't help.

Therefore, Honor (even at a 1:1 ratio) is more valuable to me than chronotonos. Maybe that changes after chron rewards from voyages get nerfed, but I sure don't value them the same way I used to.
  • Options
    Honor
    For those voting merits, I'm curious as to why. I added them (and the others) for completeness, but didn't actually expect anyone to vote for something other than chrons/honor.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chronotons
    Lol the resource DB wants to give us less of is in the lead, wow!
  • Options
    Mirror spocks are best sorry ever. Apparently these were given out in early dayz as a sorry for a connection to server problems db had for a few days. I wish i was playing then
    -𝕷𝖔𝖈𝖚𝖙𝖚𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕭𝖔𝖗𝖌-

"𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕦𝕤𝕤 𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕤. 𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕥 𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟"

• Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chronotons
    Chrons. All day, every day.
  • Options
    Chronotons
    Chronitons.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor
    Honor all the way. I accrue 3/4 from faction events faster than I can accrue honor to fuse them. And that leave no honor for 5*. I have plenty of chrons as is.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dilithium, that is a real apology
  • Options
    Chronotons are nice but give me Chronitons all day
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merits
    For those voting merits, I'm curious as to why. I added them (and the others) for completeness, but didn't actually expect anyone to vote for something other than chrons/honor.

Are you buying items at faction store. On a single day, if I bought all the items I needed I would spend over a 1000 merits. I stopped playing gauntlet, one of the reasons, I cannot afford the refresh. True on my main account I have over 12000 merits. But a week ago it was over 14,000 merits.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Chronotons
    At least with chronitons you can earn credits will running missions so you have best of both worlds once your chrons run out you have currency to use the replicator
  • Options
    Chronotons
    Cold, hard dilithum
  • Options
    I answered other because I feel it really depends on the reason for the "apology" If it is a game delay then Chorniton make sense as that is what you lost out on. If it is a issue with crew, honor may make more sense.
    Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT
  • Options
    Chronotons
    I also think it depends on the issue, however I'm going to prefer chrons or honor over anything else.
  • Options
    Honor
    I choose Honor
  • Options
    I believe Chrons should be included in ALL apologies along with other items, depending on what the issue was. My personal fave apology: multiple premium portal pulls.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    IcebergDXIcebergDX ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Chronotons
    I voted for Chrons, but if they were REALLY sorry, they would give EITHER DIL or CREW SLOTS. Chrons, in the end, are a throw away for them, that does not really cost them a thing, as is honor and merits. DIL or CREW slots are REAL, and truth be told, I would prefer CREW SLOTS to DIL.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Merits
    @IcebergDX
    You got it right.
    5 Crew slots are more valuable than 3000 dil.

I would also guess all players would except that as an apology just about anytime.
  • Options
    Chronotons
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    @IcebergDX
    You got it right.
    5 Crew slots are more valuable than 3000 dil.

I would also guess all players would except that as an apology just about anytime.

I would be happy with 1 Crew slot for an apology.
  • Options
    Chronotons
    Chronitons for me, too. Honor is a close second, however.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor
    I can see merits now that you can buy crew with them