Home The Bridge
Options

DB can you add a Special offer Tab in crew portal?

[BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
Every week threads pop up with players who are frustrated by the offer they're presented with for the week so I'd like to make a suggestion to avoid players frustration

*In the crew portal add a special offer tab.

*List all offers in this tab from starry skies to the $99.99 30 pack offer

*once a player makes a purchase put a 7day cool down timer on all offers hopefully player purchases will give you the data you need to provide future offers and price them accordingly

One of the more frustrating aspects to these offers is removing the choice from players. Many have claimed they would have purchased one deal that their fleetmates have gotten but not the one they're presented with.

It could be tested amongst smaller portion of the playerbase ranging from those who regularly buy monthly cards to those who spend $100+ weekly. If the metrics suggest it's worth scaling up to everyone you should see a happier playerbase and increased revenues compared to how they're currently handled.

Comments

• Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    I really have a hard time understanding why DB limits the offers to players. I would think they would make more money letting players buy whatever offer they wanted instead of giving them a take it or leave it only option? I'd really like to know DB's take on it ?
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    arjuna wrote: »
    I really have a hard time understanding why DB limits the offers to players. I would think they would make more money letting players buy whatever offer they wanted instead of giving them a take it or leave it only option? I'd really like to know DB's take on it ?

It might have something to do with playing on a players impulsive behavior. Take the higher pack offers for instance. A players looking for the 10x10 pack offer might still be inclined to buy the 30 pack offer if they were looking forward to buying packs that day. There are definitely players in this game with addictive and impulsive spending habits. From a business standpoint, those are the players that a company would want to target.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea, although for the reason above I don't think they'll do it
  • Options
    The strange thing is they are one time only and the next time again.
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    arjuna wrote: »

It might have something to do with playing on a players impulsive behavior. Take the higher pack offers for instance. A players looking for the 10x10 pack offer might still be inclined to buy the 30 pack offer if they were looking forward to buying packs that day. There are definitely players in this game with addictive and impulsive spending habits. From a business standpoint, those are the players that a company would want to target.

But currently those people couldn't get them both anyway.They would need to wait for the next offer to drop. And they would likely get the starry skies offer and not buy anything......
  • Options
    As someone who is impulsive and a 100 -200 dollar a month spender, I like this idea. The last month I have spent less because of the schematics offer coming up four weeks in a row and even two out of three days. Also, the 5-star characters are not ones I want. I did splurge on Honey Bear. I have not bought a random 99.99 dollar offer but I have splurged on the right 49.99, 24.99 and 9.99 quite often. So, if they are looking to get more money out of a player like me, a crew offer portal tab could do it.
  • Options
    The strange thing is they are one time only and the next time again.

The “one time only” refers to the amount of times you can purchase the offer at the time it’s presented. In other words the offer is $49.99 for 30 premium pulls. You may purchase it once for $49 not three times for $147 and 90 premium pulls.
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    The offer cycle does seem more than a little chaotic.

Think about it; Companies like to get paid, theres nothing wrong with that and DB is no different. Surely it would be a better seller if:

A - The special offers were in the store more frequently (I dont know about you guys but I buy the 1250 chronitons every time it comes up)

and

B - Were offered to everyone instead of some players getting good offers, some getting garbage and others getting nothing at all. So what, player A gets the 10 premium pulls over and over again, player B gets the ship schematics and player C gets...nothing? Player C gets screwed, player B ignores the offer and hopes for a better one and player A buys the pack and maybe gets some super rare or even legendary crew. Wouldn't it be a better seller if all 3 got the same offers at the same time...and if they were actually decent offers?
  • Options
    [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    The end of event offer I keep getting are the $49.99 or $99.99 ones and I keep ignoring them week after week. DB seems to think since I am VIP 14 that I will buy the larger deals but I don’t. I tend to buy $10-25 offers as they are more manageable for me. Also doesn’t help that the crew pack offers do not offer enough Dilithium to be able to purchase additional crew slots and that discourages me even more from buying them. Give us 3000 Dilithium or 5 slots with a couple less premium pulls and I would show more interest in those deals. Paying $50-100 and then have to pay an additional $10-20 on top of that for more Dilithium to get enough for more crew encourages me to ignore it. I have 220/220 crew with an additional 50 in the freezer and running out of ones I can or want to freeze. Because crew slots are so expensive I have been limiting my buying and mainly just buy the 1250 chron deals for leveling the crew I have. Which is what? A $9.99 offer, where I am able to purchase it up to five times.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given yesterday's offer looks like I'll wait to see what next weeks offer is. The way the offers are currently set up I have two choices

1. Purchase
    2. Ignore

If there was a tab with all offers I'd purchase one weekly
  • Options
    I did not get an offer this week but agree a Special offer tab would be good
  • Options
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    *once a player makes a purchase put a 7day cool down timer on all offers hopefully player purchases will give you the data you need to provide future offers and price them accordingly

They do indeed need to make changes and I like your suggestion with the exception of what I quoted. My understanding is that any offer triggers the current 72 hour cool down timer and the last thing I want is some daft schematics offer I'll never buy triggering a one week cool down that prevents me from getting the double offer on a 5* crew.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »

They do indeed need to make changes and I like your suggestion with the exception of what I quoted. My understanding is that any offer triggers the current 72 hour cool down timer and the last thing I want is some daft schematics offer I'll never buy triggering a one week cool down that prevents me from getting the double offer on a 5* crew.

It's all offers not just one in the tab I'm referring too giving new and veteran players the choice to pick what offer suits their needs/gameplay
  • Options
    In that case I'm definitely against a seven day cool down.

I get a lousy schematics offer on Monday. I grab an event pack on Wednesday. I get lucky and get the 5* event crew but... because I had the lousy schematics offer I don't get the DYC offer...

That's not good. Especially since the only offers I will ever buy are 10x for $10 and the 5* DYC.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    In that case I'm definitely against a seven day cool down.

I get a lousy schematics offer on Monday. I grab an event pack on Wednesday. I get lucky and get the 5* event crew but... because I had the lousy schematics offer I don't get the DYC offer...

That's not good. Especially since the only offers I will ever buy are 10x for $10 and the 5* DYC.

The special offers come every seven days anyway it's just to give players the option of which one best suits them that's why I mentioned the cooldown timer. I can't see DB selling many 650 pulls if they offer 10-30 at "400% value" every 12-24hrs
  • Options
    Yes but if an offer is an offer and the cool down timer doesn't care what type of offer...

What we really need is DB to hire someone that can write decent code because the only reason the cool down timer exists is because people found a way to exploit the DYC offer.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but if an offer is an offer and the cool down timer doesn't care what type of offer...

What we really need is DB to hire someone that can write decent code because the only reason the cool down timer exists is because people found a way to exploit the DYC offer.

And that could have easily been fixed with a 12.5 hour timer, instead of a 72 hour one......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I think you've got it bang on @[BL] Q,
    Save for one small thing..

Instead of a 7 day cool down on all offers,
    They should put a 7 day expiration / buy one limit to the offers..

So it's like you said, offers in tab and can only choose one but instead per expiration term.

So Sunday night if none have been purchased "Bob" can buy a 10x10 for $10 then Monday at noon the expiry date has passed and a fresh line hits the tab.

I suggest this difference so that Universal messages can still be sent out to all players at the same time as events end and serves as a reminder / pressure push to buy buy buy !.

I think it would be a lot easier for DB to encode this way versus individual refresh timers on both the time over and advertisement.
    And still serves the same function as you propose.

(( Cause even if Bob buys Sunday and expiration date hits Monday and "Bob" buys again he can't do --That-- again for 13 days, or buy a special offer for 7.))

Special Offer Tab please DB !!
    (Special Christmas offers too please, DB)