Home Engineering Room
Options

Faction Transmissions - Dumb Question ?

edited December 2017 in Engineering Room
Do purchased Faction Transmissions ever Expire?

Answers

• Options
    The reason I ask is that I religiously and obsessively keep all my Factions with ~50+ available Transmissions.
    Well, I thought I did until the start of this Event.

When I started the game today I was surprised to see I only had 29 Ferengi Alliance transmissions displayed.
    Okay, I thought obviously I had stuffed up or had a "Senior Moment" every day and imagined that I had my requisite 50.

Thought no more of it and continued to start the event and sent off some shuttles.
    Then I switched accounts to my FTP account and was presented with a similar situation, only having 35 Ferengi Alliance transmissions available.

Checking my records I discovered that I have not run a Ferengi Alliance shuttle since 6th July, so daily for the past 5 months I have scrolled through the Faction Store and imagined that I had a store of 50 transmissions.

Now I'm convinced that I can't be that crazy and something weird has occurred.

Either,
    a) transmissions have a use-by-date
    b) I am completely Senile
    c) DB really needed my Ferengi Alliance Transmissions and stole them

I'm leaning towards (a) and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this or has had a similar experience at some point.

Thanks
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction transmissions do not expire unless you activate them. Once activated, they expire after 12 hours of not being used. Initiate transmissions of 30 seconds length will expire after 5 minutes.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    That's what I remembered was the case.
    So, I'm going insane.
  • Options
    Check your inventory to see if you're over 1,000 items. Sometimes the game will eat items if you're over the cap, including transmissions.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Seems odd that it would eat ~20 transmissions. The 1000 item limit (which needs to be done away with) is based on unique items and not total items. It should have jettisoned the entire stack of 50 to get rid of "1" item.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself