Home Engineering Room
Options

Component/Equipment duplicate artwork

I'm sure this isn't a new topic, but I was wondering why DB Cannot come up with unique artwork for each item, rather than confuse the issue by making multiple items with the identical artwork. (Encoded communique / Translation algorithm), etc.

Comments

• Options
    Agree 100%!!!! It's extremely confusing. Especially since you can not always readily get the names of items while building. I have mistakenly purchased the wrong item from faction stores because the art is exactly the same as another item. Even if they just changed the colors.
  • Options
    Don't suppose there will be a comment from @Shan ?
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    They changed the colors for component/casing long ago...seemed an easy fix; don't see why it can't be done with encoded communique/translation algorithm, quatum chronometer/database, and others.
  • Options
    {DD} Capt Jello{DD} Capt Jello ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    They also changed the colors of different Holoprograms and even added an inner graphic - that was nice. However, we have been yelling for 2 years (next month) that the duplicate icons for different items, and even some with the same icon AND same name, but are actually different and drop from different missions, have yet to be addressed. There are 11 items that use the same icon as Translation Algorithms/Encoded Communiques. Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will bring it up, it would indeed be a good quality of life improvement.
  • Options
    Thank you for acknowledging @Shan .