Home The Bridge
Options

Wow, seems Leonardo da Vinchi is good for gauntlet.

edited December 2017 in The Bridge
yk2ofgy12tr6.png
Both had 25% crit rating so I got really blessed but still...quite a feat wouldn't you say?

Comments

• Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two stats vs one stat. Even if your two stats are lower, you still have twice the chance to crit.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As that's a two to one skill matchup, it's not all that surprising. It's like all the times I've beaten Kahless because he's only matched one skill and I had someone that matched two.

However, Leo is quite handy at times in Gauntlet, to be sure. I haven't used him often, but a couple of times he proved himself most capable of vanquishing his enemies.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Both had 25% crit rating so I got really blessed but still...quite a feat wouldn't you say?

No, a result of 1900 is quite unremarkable for a character with two skills. This round was good only if you think of it in terms of "for a character with such average proficiencies, Leonardo did really well".

Also, I know that it's a small thing, but seeing "da Vinci" spelled with a triple mistake really makes me shudder.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    mso0f9yx6knh.png

Aww, poor Da Vinci
  • Options
    There are always counters to everything, and then there's the RNG. While Pufferfish Phlox is impressive, he's prone to huge flops due to the huge difference between his min and max MED values.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The strength of Leonardo is not in the raw skill proficiency, but the unique skill combo, allowing the player to exploit more 2:1 skill matchups.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    The strength of Leonardo is not in the raw skill proficiency, but the unique skill combo, allowing the player to exploit more 2:1 skill matchups.

Delta Flyer Paris is in the same boat. He is more useful than you would expect sometimes.
  • Options

Very true. I would add that his true strength is in voyages.
  • Options
    You to
    yk2ofgy12tr6.png

You managed to spell da Vinci wrong three different ways in only two words.
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Two stats vs one stat. Even if your two stats are lower, you still have twice the chance to crit.

You have twice the chance to crit, but if Phlox crits, that roll might be equal to your total score. Plus, if that Phlox just gets high rolls, you are toast anyway. Then again, he could roll 300s just the same.
  • Options
    Magisse wrote: »
    Grant77 wrote: »
    mso0f9yx6knh.png

Aww, poor Da Vinci
    Well, he brought a piece of parchment to a gun fight. So, there you go.

But, that parchment has some epic burns on it sooo....
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENG-MED is the only cumbo where Leo does very well (similar to Delta Flyer Paris who's quite decent in CMD as well though). :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")