Home The Bridge
Options

What do you do when you've run out of things to spend your chronitons on?

I had a great voyage come back with 1000+ chrons, just as I was finishing my last fully fused character. I won't level up 1* or 2* purples because I can't afford the space for characters that aren't freezable.
During this event, all my characters have been occupied in shuttles or voyages, so I haven't been able to even work on the story completion.

So, what do you do when you have too many chrons and nothing to spend them on?

Best Answer

• Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I never do, I prefarm and have at least 80 of every equipment item (safe for a few exceptions that are simply too damn expensive to farm) and a buttload of every component. Components like Databases, Casings, etc. you will need sooner or later. If you prefarm a lot, you will be finished with your Galaxy events in less than an hour, if you like me just go for the threshold rewards.

Answers

• Options
    I personally have not gotten to that point where this is anywhere an issue. I have a crew of 220/220 with 119 immortalized and ~50 of those are in the freezer. That leaves me about 151 crew that need to be leveled or fully equipped. My issue is that with thousands of chrons acquired via Voyages and the $9.99 1250 pack x5 (6250) chrons during galaxy events I tend to run out of credits quickly due to the high cost of building super rare and legendary equipment for all of my 4* and 5* crew. I would imagine when and/or “if” it ever happens, I would start to either save them for a #1 galaxy win for the remaining achievement levels (still need everything below a 100 win), or just do space battles all the time for Holoemitters.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've invested in more slots in my first few months of gameplay, so I am not dropping non--FF crew, but even if I did, I've got 65 FF 4 star crew that are not FE. When I run out of things to level, wow, I'll be chilling growing chrons ready to blow on a galaxy event.

So I'd hoard the chrons for the next galaxy or prefarm common components.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre-farm for the next Galaxy event.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trade them in for a beachside home on Risa, live the life o' Riker.

88zx2xqu063h.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you can see, I hit that point a while ago.w0kpuoyuiy0i.png
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you said that was on purpose, because you were waiting for a Galaxy that you wanted to shoot for #1 on. Either way...wow!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    I thought you said that was on purpose, because you were waiting for a Galaxy that you wanted to shoot for #1 on. Either way...wow!

That is correct, but the reason I started the stockpile in the first place was because all my crew is FE.

• Options

That is correct, but the reason I started the stockpile in the first place was because all my crew is FE.

I would love to know your crew size.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent about 7 thousand (more than 2 weeks of saving) on the last galaxy event and almost (almost 😡) earned below 2000. So it looks like 45 thousand is what you need for first place? Hardly seems worth it.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

135 crew out of 170 slots.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent about 7 thousand (more than 2 weeks of saving) on the last galaxy event and almost (almost 😡) earned below 2000. So it looks like 45 thousand is what you need for first place? Hardly seems worth it.

It is the last goal. Won gauntlet, placed first in admiral arena, honored all factions, winning an event is the final frontier.
  • Options

Not sure what you were doing but I only spent 5000 chrons on last weeks galaxy event and ranked 1070.

knowing that the top ranked was over 1 million VP and I only hit 350,000 VP I would say 40,000+ would be a good number to get pretty high in the rankings.
  • Options

135 crew out of 170 slots.

I can see why you can be finished with your crew and only be level 55. I am currently on a hold with 220 crew and have been able to FE and immortalize more crew than I have been gaining the past couple of weeks and it has been nice. I would love to get to the point where I don't worry about putting so much effort into crew and can save my chrons, credits, merits, and honor for finishing the achievements. Also would like to be to the point where I could overspend for items doing space battles for holoemitters and make sure I am progressing my fleet along quicker.
  • Options

My crew is FE and I am also saving chronitons for a first place in a galaxy event. So, DM me when you do so we don't go after the same event plz ;)
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

My crew is FE and I am also saving chronitons for a first place in a galaxy event. So, DM me when you do so we don't go after the same event plz ;)

You are a gentleman for offering this info

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that is some Olympic-level sportsmanship right there. Nice to see that sort of generous accommodation in my fellow players. 👍

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Now that is some Olympic-level sportsmanship right there. Nice to see that sort of generous accommodation in my fellow players. 👍

I agree. I do appreciate that heads up and told him I will coordinate so we can both have our day.

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

I agree. I do appreciate that heads up and told him I will coordinate so we can both have our day.

Don t wanna crash the party, but for sure there are plenty other players sitting on 45k+ chrons waiting to cash in on a galaxy. So its not just the 2 of you. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don t wanna crash the party, but for sure there are plenty other players sitting on 45k+ chrons waiting to cash in on a galaxy. So its not just the 2 of you. ;)

I'm sure that's 100% true. But one less person to have to be concerned with is still a bit of a load off one's mind. ;)

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am also sure that is true but fear not Mr. Doom and Gloom. I have a plan

• Options
    The reality is that this is a crew collecting game. There is nothing to do in the game if your existing crew are all fully equipped.
    Every mechanic in the game is to level crew except I supposed PvP ship battles, that is not . Unsurprisingly, they are the least satisfying part of the game.

If you take a moment to consider, episodes, missions, cadets, chronitons, shuttles, trainers, credits, gauntlet, merits are all ultimately to build equipment and level your crew.

I say this as someone with 170/185 active crew and more than 100 in the vault, the moment you stop acquiring crew, is the moment you're done with the game.
    Yes, you can shoot for a #1 placement in an event to tick it off the list, or some other missing achievement but you have to keep acquiring crew in order to play this game.