Home Engineering Room
Options

Voyage - Failed mission bug?

This morning, I attempted to recall a voyage at 5 hr 57 min with 19 antimatter left. I was watching the screen and the countdown the entire time and there were no warning icons that a new crisis was looming, so I should have been able to recall without any problems.

Instead, when I confirmed the recall of the mission, I received a FAILED notification and lost 5 hrs and 57 minutes worth of rewards (5 3-star crew, numerous 4* trainers, federation credits, various components and perhaps slightly under 200 chron). When the FAILED message appeared, there wasn't even an option to extend the mission by using dilithium. The only action available was to COMPLETE, which then took me back to the main screen as if this voyage had never happened. See attached screenshot of the failed notification.

At first I thought that this might have been an issue of my cutting things too close with the voyage (hoping for that 3rd dilemma), but I know of at least one other player who experienced the same issue with over 200 AM left.

There are a couple of issues here:

1) I have to believe/hope that the FAILED behavior with no option to extend the mission was a glitch rather than by design, so I wanted to make you aware of the problem.

2) It appears that the game initiates crises before alerting the player. I'm not sure if this is a deliberate design (which it shouldn't be) or another glitch, but there should be ample notification BEFORE a "crisis" actually starts in the system; otherwise the antimatter counter is always going to be inaccurate, to the players' detriment. In either case, this needs to be fixed.

I have also submitted a support ticket regarding the problem. Thanks for your consideration.

ccj8jw17ft2v.png

Comments

• Options
    I had the exact same problem but with about 80 antimatter left. Hit recall only to instantly confronted by the "failed" screen. I can only assume I somehow failed 3 hazards after hitting recall. Clearly this is a bug.
  • Options
    It is a bug and file a ticket with support, wait for them to handle it and you will get something for your voyage.
  • Options
    You just have to wait 2 to 3 week for a response that's all. This has happened to me twice in a row and ironically enough after I end a voyage with 1 antimatter left that succeeded
  • Options
    It happened to me too (with more than 100 chrons to spare). I hope DB is more generous to you than they were to me. I got 200 chrons for my trouble. Nevermind that I lost way more chrons than that on the voyage, as well as a 4* Commander Tucker, other rewards, and all of the time I had sank into it. They weren't even going to give me the chrons until I pressed for something more than a dilithium refund (206 dil I spent getting the voyage over 10 hours - I won't be doing that again!). Good luck.
  • Options
    I HAVE HAD THIS SAME ISSUE 3 TIMES NOW AND EACH TIME I PAID THE EXTORTION DILITHIUM TO GET THEM RETURNED TO ME. ONE DIDN'T EVEN SHOW IT FAILED UNTIL IT COMPLETED A 2.5 HOUR RETURN AND THEN HAD TO WAIT ANOTHER 2.5 HOURS FOR IT TO RETURN AGAIN. AT LEAST DB RETURNED THE DILITHIUM AND GAVE ME SOME CHRONITONS TO MAKE UP FOR IT. BUT WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF THE CLICKING RECALL WERE A HARD STOP AND RECALL. RIGHT NOW IT IS A 1 TO 2 MINUTE DELAY ON THE ACTUAL RECALL. THAT USUIALLY MEANS A FEW MINOR ANTIMATTER DRAWS FOR A FEW ANTIMATTER EACH, AND A SMALL HAZARD FOR 30 MORE.
  • Options
    Ditto here at least 3 times now.
  • Options
    I had the same thing happen and submited a ticket. Thankfully I had no dilithium invested, but it still takes out some of my best options for shuttle missions for 5+ hours with no reward to show for it in spite of playing it safe and recalling with 150+ AM.

I'm waiting on my ticket now hoping for more than chronitons.
  • Options
    DALE K wrote: »
    I HAVE HAD THIS SAME ISSUE 3 TIMES NOW AND EACH TIME I PAID THE EXTORTION DILITHIUM TO GET THEM RETURNED TO ME. ONE DIDN'T EVEN SHOW IT FAILED UNTIL IT COMPLETED A 2.5 HOUR RETURN AND THEN HAD TO WAIT ANOTHER 2.5 HOURS FOR IT TO RETURN AGAIN. AT LEAST DB RETURNED THE DILITHIUM AND GAVE ME SOME CHRONITONS TO MAKE UP FOR IT. BUT WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF THE CLICKING RECALL WERE A HARD STOP AND RECALL. RIGHT NOW IT IS A 1 TO 2 MINUTE DELAY ON THE ACTUAL RECALL. THAT USUIALLY MEANS A FEW MINOR ANTIMATTER DRAWS FOR A FEW ANTIMATTER EACH, AND A SMALL HAZARD FOR 30 MORE.

Document with screenshots, file a ticket, and be patient for a response. They'll refund your Dil.
  • Options
    Art0riusArt0rius ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Same problem here, a 10h voyage failed as i recalled my ship with 61 AM left. Had three super rares droped in this voyage. Now i have to wait two weeks to get an response from support and maybe my spent dilithium back...
  • Options
    Blankaz wrote: »
    I had the same thing happen and submited a ticket. Thankfully I had no dilithium invested, but it still takes out some of my best options for shuttle missions for 5+ hours with no reward to show for it in spite of playing it safe and recalling with 150+ AM.

I got a rude reply about how i made my choice putting my crew on a voyage and i need to better manage my crew if i need them back, say for an event.

It's my choice to weigh the cost/benefits before assigning my crew. NOT to have that choice turned into a cost/cost fiasco with no benefit that cs then blames on me WHEN THE GAME GLITCHES!!

They only cared about dilithium spent. Nothing about how these glitches, that randomly put some at great disadvantages when planning for events, makes strategy impossible.

The only thing i got from cs so far about glitched voyages was not denial that said glitches are occurring, but rather advice to make my choices more wisely next time. Somehow these buggy voyages blamed on players is SOP.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Seems like a refresh issue here.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »

I got a rude reply about how i made my choice putting my crew on a voyage and i need to better manage my crew if i need them back, say for an event.

It's my choice to weigh the cost/benefits before assigning my crew. NOT to have that choice turned into a cost/cost fiasco with no benefit that cs then blames on me WHEN THE GAME GLITCHES!!

They only cared about dilithium spent. Nothing about how these glitches, that randomly put some at great disadvantages when planning for events, makes strategy impossible.

The only thing i got from cs so far about glitched voyages was not denial that said glitches are occurring, but rather advice to make my choices more wisely next time. Somehow these buggy voyages blamed on players is SOP.

Ask for a Supervisor.
  • Options
    This also happened to me. About 20 AM remaining, I hit recall, and got a failure. I had spent dilithium to extend the voyage, too. I filed a service ticket but haven’t heard anything yet.
  • Options
    Ugh. This just happened to me at 6 and a half hours into a voyage, carefully watched so that I could recall it with enough antimatter left, pressed "recall" and it instantly tells me it failed and everything disappears, didn't even ask for dilithium to extend. It gave no "failed" warning beforehand as it usually does when asking for dilithium to continue. Right in the middle of the galaxy event and a supply kit. Sent a service ticket.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the trait switch bug last night as well. Looks like voyages still have a ways to go.
  • Options
    I had heard rumours about this fail bug but never seen it before today. I refreshed a 7h11 minute mission with 88 dil, and it went to 9h39. I was watching it for the last 15-20 minutes, from 436 Antimatter down to 38 left, all looked completely normal, and when the last hazard took that 38 down to 6 after the button was uncovered, I hit recall and it went straight to fail. No option to even pay dil to continue it, no look at the loot, just fail... two 4* crew and about 680 chrons for that one.

Filled in the ticket, no problem. Just had my next voyage do exactly the same at 20AM to go, this time at around 7h10. Is this new bug becoming more common or have I just hit the bad luck that dogs this stuff sometimes, I wonder.

ps. Trait switch bug for me seems to happen whenever I don't restart the game after the refresh of the stats. The refresh of voyage gold,silver, traits, seems to be at gauntlet end/1 day left times. If my voyage crosses that point, I need to finish my voyage and then restart the game to see the new stats, otherwise the start page lies and when I start voyage they correct to the actual ones.
    I just put this down to one of this game's many 'fail to refresh page' bugs, like the ones that show chrons available that have already been spent, or the start shuttle mission page that shows the stats from the 'open shuttle mission' page instead of the actual mission's values. Old data on pages is a feature that occurs often, i just put my trait switch bug down to those.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Rabb wrote: »
    I was watching it for the last 15-20 minutes
    And that's exactly where problem lies. Game lags a bit in watching mode (I blame crew animation), so after half an hour you get events about minute behind what is actually happening (they all in stack but they are animated slower than actual). Periodically exiting to galaxy screen and entering again helps keeping you current (if you don't want to push return at 120AM).
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    BUMP BUMP BUMP! Damn shan, why is this problem not solved???
    Have open tickets. No answer. NOTHING!
  • Options
    BUMP!!! Will do this, till it is fixed or we get an answer from YOU shan.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do not bump threads, it does not help.
    If have no update on this issue, otherwise I would have shared it - we are investigating.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Look, it helps. I get some sort of answer. I want to know, how long will this investigations go? You need to be much better informed.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will take as long as is needed to discover the cause of the issue.
  • Options
    Thank you for your very helpfull answer. This is a great info.
  • Options
    al103 wrote: »
    Rabb wrote: »
    I was watching it for the last 15-20 minutes
    And that's exactly where problem lies. Game lags a bit in watching mode (I blame crew animation), so after half an hour you get events about minute behind what is actually happening (they all in stack but they are animated slower than actual). Periodically exiting to galaxy screen and entering again helps keeping you current (if you don't want to push return at 120AM).

If that was the case, then you would be seeing that exiting and going straight back in would result in a quick AM adjustment, perhaps over 200 fast adjust after watching it 15 minutes? I haven't seen that before, so maybe its tied in how you say, with how much load your device is under. Certainly I watched about 30 voyages for the last 10-20 minutes without having the problem, but that might be just my device was under less load in those situations.

It still doesn't quite explain why the recall button suddenly functions as an abandon button, but I guess they are in the same place but the screen hasn't refreshed. The game probably just says 'touch at x,y coordinate, and translates that as 'abandon' even if our button says 'recall'
  • Options
    I had a similar issue yesterday. Had an 8+ voyage i sent out, recalled it and it went into returning mode. Waited for voyage to return and on going to claim it I was presented with a System Failure notification. At least I have the option to spend dilithium but this voyage should be complete, returned and rewards received.
    Admiral Christopher Pike
    Joint Fleets
    Temporal Defense Initiative (TDI)
    Deep Space Armada (DSA)
    Temporal Defense Initiative 2 (TDI2)

Discord Server
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Well, just made a test - watched 5 last minutes of voyage before dilemma. It triggered 4:00:11 instead of 4:00:00. 5 minutes of watching - 11 seconds of lag. Give it half an hour and it would've been minute or two at this rate meaning 30-60 more AM than shown on screen.
  • Options
    Had this happen to me for my last 2 voyages. Last one: 6hrs and 12 minutes or so. Clicked Recall with 2 antimatter left (cutting it close!) and instantly went to "Failed" screen when I clicked "confirm". So perhaps screen didn't update in time and it had failed before telling me it had failed? That seems really lame. Clicking the recall confirm button should guarantee the Voyage gets recalled. Voyage before that failed in the same manner with ~40 antimatter. Voyages are so buggy and frustrating.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »

Ask for a Supervisor.

I did. Have not heard back. Why I'm posting here.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    vzswp4k1c4e2.jpg

Perfect example of lag. Events shown are very clearly 1 minute behind what actualy happening.