Options

Galaxy Events Mission Costs Spreadsheet

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThaiGQ wrote: »
    Thank you, again.

You're most welcome, as always! I hope you were also able to use the spreadsheet for the previous Galaxy event. I did update it, but forgot to post it in this thread... :/

I always check. This time I used it yesterday. I decided not to go for broke on the event. I hit threshold, immortalized 6 crew, brought another 6 up close, and added to several more. I did all that in 12 hours and drained my saved 8000 chronitons. I feel great. I would have had less for leveling except for all you saved me with your sheet.

Wow, that's quite impressive! I don't think I've ever immortalized 6 crew in less than 2-3 days, much less 12 hours! Making room for the mega-event coming up? ;)

I saved for two weeks to do that. I just did the minimum for daily requirements while sending off voyages and shuttles like crazy.

Yes, I'm making space for the mega. I'll make a post with my new strategy and hope it will help others.
  • Options
    ThaiGQThaiGQ ✭✭✭
    I saved for two weeks to do that. I just did the minimum for daily requirements while sending off voyages and shuttles like crazy.

Yes, I'm making space for the mega. I'll make a post with my new strategy and hope it will help others.[/quote]

Wow, that's great news! I can't wait to read it!
  • Options
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5363/my-new-strategy-for-clearing-crew-space#latest

Basically, I recognized that I was keeping a lot of partially fused 3* crew waiting for more stars. This was taking lots of space, but since they do not come by as frequently as I was needing and since I was holding onto pills due to space--pulls which I knew would have the copies I needed, I was afraid to airlock the 3* and then come back to waiting for more copies.

I dumped all 1* and non cadet crew 2*. All those will be easy enough to recover. I froze any non cadet 3* (ones taking space for the arena). I then switched my focus from improving powerful cards to leveling my 3* army. The first basic step (cleaning house) allowed me to claim a few pills that had been accumulating, which provided more copies for the 3* crew who had been stagnating. The second basic step (reallocating resources) provided the means to level up those 3* rapidly.

In the past month I've gone from a dozen immortal 3* crew to all but 11 immortalized. 1 of those is awaiting 2 items and 8 of them are awaiting fusing. I'm putting off Spock after reading all the horror stories. I'm only missing racquetball Bashir.

I used to think there was no point in focusing on the 3* crew, but they have come in handy (some of them) in the past few events.
  • Options
    ThaiGQThaiGQ ✭✭✭
    Updated for 'The Longest Day' Phase 2:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KiRTr3ri6BQBIdOVgKbckqA2iQu_hgWoIS3pPYLmDog/edit#gid=1420602931

I'm so glad I already have a FF Rogue Harry Kim. I think this phase has the most expensive missions I've seen so far!
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad I already have a FF Rogue Harry Kim. I think this phase has the most expensive missions I've seen so far!
    Least cost-cutting too. I think I did hit delete on less than ten things combined on the list.

And with average bonus of 30-40 (didn't got Prisoner Archer yet - and plan to threshold anyway).
  • Options
    Updated for 'The Longest Day' Phase 2:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KiRTr3ri6BQBIdOVgKbckqA2iQu_hgWoIS3pPYLmDog/edit#gid=1420602931

Thank you, again. I feel lucky this time, since I managed to hit all the threshold levels just as the timer ran out on part one. I was even under 1000. I could have made too 1000 this time, but I decided to spend my 5000 saved chronitons on leveling crew. I immortalized 7 crew and came close on an 8th. I never believed those ancient films would be such an issue. Now I'm out of them and they are not dropping.

Still, I freed up crew space which I figured was more important than going after a fully fused Kim or even a Jake I would like to have.

Your spreadsheet is much appreciated, even if I didn't use it this time.
  • Options
    Hello! I am someone who enjoys using your sheet to plan out galaxy events! I would like to offer my services as well as the services of Star Trek Timeline's Discord servers to help with your spreadsheet. I am willing to help with the arranging of the spreadsheet with the galaxy events.
  • Options
    ThaiGQThaiGQ ✭✭✭
    Hello! I am someone who enjoys using your sheet to plan out galaxy events! I would like to offer my services as well as the services of Star Trek Timeline's Discord servers to help with your spreadsheet. I am willing to help with the arranging of the spreadsheet with the galaxy events.

Hi Liuxuande007! That sounds great! How should we coordinate?
  • Options

Hi Liuxuande007! That sounds great! How should we coordinate?

Let me PM you a link to our Discord server, otherwise we can probably plan something out in PMs.
  • Options

Once again, you saved me a bunch of resources. Thank you. Is there any way I can help?
  • Options
    ThaiGQThaiGQ ✭✭✭
    Updated for 'A Quiet Coup' Phase 2.

Sorry for the lateness of the updates for this event! Hopefully, things won't be as hectic and I'll be able to get the spreadsheet updated more quickly for next week's event.

And a Happy Father's Day to all of the Trekkie Daddies out there!
  • Options

Thank you. I didn't bother with it this time, but I appreciate you doing it. I usually wait for you to post your list and then go to town.
  • Options
    ThaiGQThaiGQ ✭✭✭

Thank you. I didn't bother with it this time, but I appreciate you doing it. I usually wait for you to post your list and then go to town.

Sorry it was a bit late this time around (again).

I'm curious though. Does that mean you didn't bother with the event? Or that you didn't wait for the spreadsheet?
  • Options
    I didn't play the galaxy portion. I was sitting in the low 500s in the expedition part and kept the place in the faction. As of a few minutes ago, I was 1028. No regrets. I used the time and chronitons to level crew.
  • Options
    Thank you. Now I can start.😀
    I actually already started, but I haven't done much.
  • Options
    ThaiGQThaiGQ ✭✭✭
    Updated for 'Kosst Kejal' Phase 2
  • Options
    ThaiGQThaiGQ ✭✭✭
    Thank you. Now I can start.😀
    I actually already started, but I haven't done much.

Sorry for the delay...the one time I was actually ready Thursday afternoon, the wiki hadn't been updated yet with the formulas. :sweat:
  • Options
    You are awesome.
  • Options
    ThaiGQThaiGQ ✭✭✭
    Updated for 'One Incredible Tale' Phase 2:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KiRTr3ri6BQBIdOVgKbckqA2iQu_hgWoIS3pPYLmDog/edit#gid=508656173

Sorry for the delay...I had it partially updated last night, but only 3 of the missions were updated on the wiki by the time I went to bed.
  • Options
    Hey ThaiGQ-
    Is there a "basic" spreadsheet of items that are usual for galaxy events? I've noticed that during the GE almost all the items are the same every time. Would like to get a head start on "farming" so I can kick some booty, and maybe save some chrons.
    Any advice is appreciated. Thx.
  • Options
    Hey ThaiGQ-
    Is there a "basic" spreadsheet of items that are usual for galaxy events? I've noticed that during the GE almost all the items are the same every time. Would like to get a head start on "farming" so I can kick some booty, and maybe save some chrons.

Others disagree, but for me, using the spreadsheet from @ThaiGQ after saving chronitons is far better than pre-farming. If you farm before the event, you can in theory get more bang for your buck, but you need to be much more diligent about running missions all the time so you don't max out your chronitons and risk not getting the natural refresh. I personally prefer just accumulating them. It means less work. Then during the event I use a supply kit and run 3 or 4 thousand chronitons without thinking on event items and leveling crew. I currently have about 10 thousand just waiting to be unleashed. It means one or two intense days rather than busy every day.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey ThaiGQ-

I currently have about 10 thousand just waiting to be unleashed. It means one or two intense days rather than busy every day.

See everyone is different, the fact that I have stuff to do each day is part of the fun of pre farming. Stocking chrons is boring and makes my fingers itch.
  • Options
    Hey ThaiGQ-

See everyone is different, the fact that I have stuff to do each day is part of the fun of pre farming. Stocking chrons is boring and makes my fingers itch.

Hi GTMET-
    Do you have a list or know a sheet I can refer to if I want to do the farming route?
    Thx.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Hey ThaiGQ-

Others disagree, but for me, using the spreadsheet from @ThaiGQ after saving chronitons is far better than pre-farming. If you farm before the event, you can in theory get more bang for your buck, but you need to be much more diligent about running missions all the time so you don't max out your chronitons and risk not getting the natural refresh. I personally prefer just accumulating them. It means less work. Then during the event I use a supply kit and run 3 or 4 thousand chronitons without thinking on event items and leveling crew. I currently have about 10 thousand just waiting to be unleashed. It means one or two intense days rather than busy every day.

So this week b4 the event you won't level any crew or acquire items to equip them? I do need to level some of mine to increase my chances during the whole M.E. because Dominion crew will be used during the whole month as was the case w/ last M.E., the Augments.
    I'm preparing now but don't have much to go for most of my crew this week but still need them beefed. Hmmm, dilemma.
    What you say makes sense, since I've been there, done that but w/ not so many chrons as you. I had 1500 and went all the way but took me the WHOLE event time.
  • Options
    I would level Kazon Seska if you have here, as she is the existing event crew.
  • Options
    Hello!

I and many of the members of the Star Trek Timelines Discord channel would like to thank you for all the work you've done with the galaxy events, as it has allowed many of the channel participants to rank higher by eking out more items with their smaller chroniton yield.

We would also like to offer to help you with this and future galaxy events if you would like our help.
  • Options
    ThaiGQThaiGQ ✭✭✭
    Hi all! My apologies for being absent for most of the conversation. We just moved into a new apartment a couple of weeks ago and that's taken up most of my free time.

@Captain Stupid Sorry, I don't have a master list of items that are used, but you're right there are only a few recipes that they recycle for Galaxy events. I'm a budding programmer and one of the projects I have yet to start is to learn how to scrape the wiki for component items that I could use to update the Galaxy Events spreadsheet programmatically instead of by hand.

@DavideBooks and @Liuxuande007 I really do appreciate the offer for your help and I am not trying to actively ignore you, but my life has been moving at Warp 9 for the past few months (since October of 2014, really) and I would love to collaborate with you on the spreadsheet so we can make it better. I'll PM you both soon so we can try and set something up and figure out how to do it effectively and efficiently. Thank you so much for offering!