Home Engineering Room
Options

Voyage Bug: Choice A in dilemma Cracks in the Wall did not unlock choice C in First Author.

Today I did a voyage where my first dilemma was Cracks in the Wall. I of course picked choice A in hopes of schematics from First Author.
A little after the 6 hour mark I was running low on antimatter but got distracted and ran out of fuel.
I refilled and at the 8 hour mark got First Author. But choice C was blanked out and clicking on it I gave me a message that I needed to make a different choice to unlock it.

I took several minutes to scroll back just to double check and I confirmed it, I did in fact pick Cross the border and assist the Romulan interceptor.

Not the worst voyage bug by far but I do feel robbed of my schematics.

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind the info regarding Dilemmas and where they might lead is all user-sourced. There has been no official word from DB regarding this. And the wiki does state:
    Choice A may lead to Choice C in First Author
    (Italics mine.)

So on top of the fact that the players are the only ones putting two and two together here, it's also possible that there are other options that randomly come up, even if you follow a certain path.

Thus, not technically a bug. But still, good to know.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    If RNG plays any factor on this, truthfully, there should be beatings on the development team. Considering the RNG factor to even get specific dilemmas, especially those chasing Guinan and Worf--- the choices need to be simply solid.

So even if its not a bug, its a flaw and thus a design bug.
  • Options
    BigguyinblackBigguyinblack ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Update: Today I chose option B during Retrofit but when I got to The Tools at Hand option C was not unlocked. So the Wiki is now wrong on that choice.