Home Ready Room
Options

United Federation Final Mission Epic Difficulty (which crew)

Sorry if this has been answered before, or is in a document. Need to know who's ideal for passing the final Tuesday mission. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's who I use: Seska, Festive Jadzia, and Sito Jaxa. They can do it easily. These three also come in very handy for other cadet challenges, so if you're paring down your crew, they can cover a lot of ground.
    Exact path: Seska-Sito-Jadzia-Seska(SEC)-Sito(CMD).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Seska enjoys failing these nodes often, and Sito cannot possibly crit that DIP node.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Ice Man wrote: »
    Seska enjoys failing these nodes often, and Sito cannot possibly crit that DIP node.

Sito has the Crafty trait, which means she easily passes that node.

EDIT: Note that I'm not necessarily talking about critting the nodes, as the OP used the term "passing". If you need to crit them for the rare rewards, I'd check the wiki and/or this thread from the old forums.

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    yeah ... this question comes up a lot ...

It really depends on what you need to do ... crit or pass with the minimum crew?

1. ENG - you can fail it, no reward so no problem failing it, but run Seska (see below).

2. DIP - Odo for crit, Sito for pass (trait bonus, easy pass!).

3. SCI - Festive Dax for both crit and pass, very easy with trait bonus.

4. SEC - no reward so any SEC crew will do, e.g. Worf or Seska (trait bonuses!!).
    DIP - no reward so use Odo for crit/pass, but I usually skip this one.

5. CMD - Sito for pass and I think she can crit too, but not sure anymore. I used Worf for the easy crit due to 2x trait bonus (run Seven, Odo/Leeta and hit both DIP nodes and Worf).
    MED - Kes for pass and crit (run Seven, Odo/Leeta and Kes).

So, basically I'm running Seska, Sito & Dax (or Pazlar) ... I do not really care is Seska fails the SEC node, no rewards, and to be honest, she has a better chance of passing than failing (contrary to what Ice Man says above).
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Here's who I use: Seska, Festive Jadzia, and Sito Jaxa. They can do it easily. These three also come in very handy for other cadet challenges, so if you're paring down your crew, they can cover a lot of ground.

Wrong. THREE FAILS, including the final Command, which the one missing a Crit.....

Scott

Okay, second time no fails, but Sito still did not Crit the final Node......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

5. CMD - Sito for pass and I think she can crit too, but not sure anymore. I used Worf for the easy crit due to 2x trait bonus (run Seven, Odo/Leeta and hit both DIP nodes and Worf).
    MED - Kes for pass and crit (run Seven, Odo/Leeta and Kes).

Seven in Blue, Leeta, and Worf did it.

Thanx,

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Ice Man wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote:

Sito has the Crafty trait, which means she easily passes that node.

EDIT: Note that I'm not necessarily talking about critting the nodes, as the OP used the term "passing". If you need to crit them for the rare rewards, I'd check the wiki and/or this thread from the old forums.

Addendum #2: Just to verify, since I haven't actually run that mission on Epic for awhile (usually only do it on Elite for the 1* Terran Emblem, when I run it at all), I bought another ticket and ran the above crew on Epic. It's true that Seska may not always pass that penultimate SEC node — though she did it for me every time, even with a yellow instead of green pass color — but even with a fail, Sito can often pass the final node (which I also tested by purposely failing twice). But I realize there's a big difference between critting and passing, so that should be taken into account when choosing to use the same crew as I did above.

• Options
    Thanks everybody!
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With seska, sito, and Dax it’s rare that seska fails the sec node but she can. Also if seska fails sito jaxa can fail the cmd node.

I still run those three when I need this mission since I don’t have anyone else on my active crew. At least it isn’t too often since I usually run epic three instead for encoded comms.
  • Options
    At least today Seska/Sito/Dax didn't fail me. On a related note I should have been farming those 2* encoded communiques a long time ago...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a few numbers shy of a perfect extra roll with Sito and she missed the crit. I could pass every time, but I'll need a different character to crit it.

Incidently, I use Wildman as my engineer since she has better overall ratings for other things and voyages. Plus I like her better.

I really want that Gia Odo, but I've spent close to four million worthless credits on pulls and reciently close to five thousand merits--not even counting the other ways pulls come free and the drops from a couple months of voyages. I've won every other 2* many times over.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should also have included my starbase bonuses ... which do help.

- We have 4 base bonuses at 7% (but MED and DIP, at 6%)
    - We have the prof. rolls at a mix of 1 and 2%.

I ran the mission 6 times with the above mentioned crew (as a test to see if I wasn't bsing myself) and did not fail once.

@DavideBooks
    He'll drop from a Voyage, just have patience.
    Yes, I'm almost certain I used Worf for the last CMD node. Give it a go.

@Bigstupidgrin
    Try the 3rd mission for those, it is easier. Jadzia, Worf and Seska/Kes for the stress-free mission. :) I imagine this is what Paladin27 does ... it is the standard mission I run on Tuesdays and often on Sundays.